• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Reports: Warriors serious threat to sign Kevin Durant!

Blitzville

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see a better landing spot for a player who wants to win than OKC, other than San Antonio. Durant isn't a good fit with the Warriors, and L.A. is years away from winning. Now, would San Antonio be willing to take a player who's been tenderized by injury? And pay him he kind of money Durant is sure to be asking for? Don't see it happening...He's better off taking a step down and finding a home in the East somewhere.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see a better landing spot for a player who wants to win than OKC, other than San Antonio. Durant isn't a good fit with the Warriors, and L.A. is years away from winning. Now, would San Antonio be willing to take a player who's been tenderized by injury? And pay him he kind of money Durant is sure to be asking for? Don't see it happening...He's better off taking a step down and finding a home in the East somewhere.

Durant's best fit is actually the Warriors or Hawks, Imo.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and L.A. is years away from winning.

Not necessarily. The right FA moves can take a team from the lottery to the finals in literally one off season. We've seen it twice already with Lebron.

I'm not saying either will happen (in fact, I'd say either is unlikely to happen), but if, for example, the Lakers lure KD and Whiteside or KD and Horford to play with the young talent they already have...That's a team that likely goes no less than the 2nd round of the playoffs and continues to improve over the next couple of seasons.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could either team afford him though? I don't know how their cap situation is.

Both should have enough cap space, but not outright. There will need to be some players that are either let go or traded in order to make it work. For the Hawks it would probably mean getting rid of Teague and letting Schroeder take over the starting spot. For the Warriors it would likely mean that Barnes, Bogut and maybe some fillers are gone. The cap rising give the teams way more flexibility than they would have had in the past.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas could be a sneaky, sneaky sleeper team for Durant.

Parsons(15.3M), Nowitzki(8.3M), and DWill(5.3M) are all going to opt out. Zaza (5M), Felton(4M) and Charlie V (1M) are all free agents.

The team will basically have one big contract with Wes Matthews at 16.4M. Other than that, the team has an enormous amount of cap space. Dirk will return for a low salary as he's shown he's willing to do to build a contender.

Durant would get to have the best coach he's ever had in Carlisle. He'll have an owner in Cuban who will put ever disposable resource to use and be willing to spend to get the team there. Most importantly Durant can pretty much build whatever team he wanted.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Kevin Durant finally gets the whooping he deserves if this happens

Everyone loves hating on Lebron for chasing a ring

This would be the ultimate pu$$y move for a guy that never shows up in the postseason, another often overlooked thing about Durant, because he's a "Nice kid"

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Parsons(15.3M), Nowitzki(8.3M), and DWill(5.3M) are all going to opt out. Zaza (5M), Felton(4M) and Charlie V (1M) are all free agents.

The team will basically have one big contract with Wes Matthews at 16.4M. Other than that, the team has an enormous amount of cap space. Dirk will return for a low salary as he's shown he's willing to do to build a contender.

Durant would get to have the best coach he's ever had in Carlisle. He'll have an owner in Cuban who will put ever disposable resource to use and be willing to spend to get the team there. Most importantly Durant can pretty much build whatever team he wanted.

A lot of good points for why Dallas could be a player, but for some reason, they never seem to get top FA's even though they go after them. Who knows though, maybe KD will be the first?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Kevin Durant finally gets the whooping he deserves if this happens

Everyone loves hating on Lebron for chasing a ring

This would be the ultimate pu$$y move for a guy that never shows up in the postseason, another often overlooked thing about Durant, because he's a "Nice kid"

Durant leaving for Dallas would be nothing like what Lebron did.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying he might not leave, but there is absolutely no chance he ends up in Dallas, none.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying he might not leave, but there is absolutely no chance he ends up in Dallas, none.

If he does go to Dallas, it would make a helluva news conference with Mark Cuban calling himself the lucky idiot who somehow landed Kevin Durant.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They're gonna have to step their emoji game up if they want Durant. They couldn't even get DeAndre Jordan.