• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Reduction of sanctions

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the likely hood that PSU's sanctions are reduced any? I give it 15% that the number of scholarships get increased. Also if O'Brien stays until the sanctions are over how good of a recruiting class do you see him getting?

AlistairChiss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The likelihood of reduced sanctions? I'd say its 100% likely in at least some form but I don't see Emmert and Crew (tm) budging an inch for at least a year after the final lawsuit against them is dropped. If one of the lawsuits gets held up or is won, they'll drag it out until our sanction period is over with endless appeals.

As far as recruiting classes go, if O'Brien sticks around and can keep us at 8-4 or better we'll be getting top 10 classes as soon as we are back up to full scholarship/year numbers. If we drop below that, we'll maintain good top 25 classes I think. Of course there are a huge number of factors there such as will all of our best assistants still be around by then to keep certain positions strong? Namely Linebacker and Defensive Line.

fonze232

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Emmert will reduce the sanctions. He is not one to admit mistakes. I don't know if he is still president a year from now.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Freah report really hurt us but didn't kill us. I still can't understand how they can punish the team who did nothing wrong. They would have got a lesser punishment if they had recruiting violations, academic cheating, etc. etc. I just wish the police were called the day McQuerry saw it and wish Joe PA retired with his good name intact. I truly believe Coach Paterno thought he did enough by reporting it to his supervisors and it saddens me that ALL his good deeds are almost forgotten.

If a Miami, USC, Alabama like team did the same thing they would have gotten a lessor charge. If ND did it they would have gotten the same punishment as Penn State I believe. ND is one the last squicky clean teams and if they do slip up they will be hit hard.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its 100% going to happen and it has been the plan for these bastards all along. The BOT sold out the football team to save themselves and some of their scumbag buddies in the second mile. They rolled over and let Emmertt seem like he had some teeth and didn't fight with the idea they;d revisit and lessen down road after the intense public heat cooled. The freeh report has been decimated, yet they still continued to play the move on line. Now, they start questioning its validity after Blehar and the Paterno report have left it in tatters and proven the collusion between Freeh, the AG and BOT. The NCAA will say they fixed our awful culture, cut sanctions in half at the very least and point to the bullshit Mitchell reports that show our already outstanding culture of academics above football has not changed.

The comments coming from the BOT now about questioning Freeh, coupled with the remarks by O'Brien about Delaney when asked about sanction reductions have to lead you to believe they are reduced by next season. they are also still recruiting many more players than they can take, so they may feel something is in works that could pan out before then. Either way, no way these sanctions are served completely....Paterno lawsuit or Kane using the information Blehar and the FBI are gathering to crush the BOT lying bastards will do it if NCAA doesn't do it at the request for review by PSU.

Don't forget, that spineless asshat Erickson is done this year so a new President could make a big splash challenging the sanctions as his first order of business

Last edited by a moderator: