• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Redskins @ Vikings (Week 10)

Shenanihanigans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right - let's pick apart every bad play with hindsight and not note any of the good plays.

Let's not look at all the runs they did even with the clock ticking down on the last drive to put themselves in position to win the game. Let's not look at zero turnovers and 27 points on the night, which should have been enough to beat a shitty team. Let's not look at his overall body of work which is a VERY strong rushing team and a solid passing team despite having a shitty offensive line.

You don't know what you're talking about. Kyle is a very solid O.C. It's easy to say "passing to Moss on 4th" is stupid when it doesn't work. If that throw is down a little and we score, you say "Brilliant call! They never would have expected that!" The team had chances to score at the end, they didn't make them. And yoru solution is FIRE THE COACH.

Some of you vacillate between "yay we win" and "fire the coaches" each week. It's kinda ridiculous.

Kyle Shanahan's offense scored 3 points in the second half, against a defense missing four starters, that even WITH the starters, was just as bad as our defense was.

Conversly, Bill Musgrove's offense scored 20 points in the second half, missing four starters, against a defense as bad as the vikings.

It doesn't take a genius to see that Kyle Shanahan calls awful games, like today's game, and good games, like last week's.

It also doesn't take a genius to know that there were little of the trick plays - triple options and what have you, that would cause a terrible defense like the Vikings to stop from blitzing with abandon in the second half.

Kyle Shanahan is good to a point, but not nearly good enough to get the redskins to the promised land.

Sorry.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right - let's pick apart every bad play with hindsight and not note any of the good plays.

Let's not look at all the runs they did even with the clock ticking down on the last drive to put themselves in position to win the game. Let's not look at zero turnovers and 27 points on the night, which should have been enough to beat a shitty team. Let's not look at his overall body of work which is a VERY strong rushing team and a solid passing team despite having a shitty offensive line.

You don't know what you're talking about. Kyle is a very solid O.C. It's easy to say "passing to Moss on 4th" is stupid when it doesn't work. If that throw is down a little and we score, you say "Brilliant call! They never would have expected that!" The team had chances to score at the end, they didn't make them. And yoru solution is FIRE THE COACH.

Some of you vacillate between "yay we win" and "fire the coaches" each week. It's kinda ridiculous.

look the momentum shift in the late 3rd quarter and into the 4th was a cause i think the offense was called well overall . the defense let us down today along with crappy punting when we needed it

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's just put this to rest... We can now hear all coaches and players say, "Our backs are against the wall now, it's playoff time each week moving forward". Unfortunately, we have some tougher games this season to finish out the year.

Shenanihanigans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
look the momentum shift in the late 3rd quarter and into the 4th was a cause i think the offense was called well overall . the defense let us down today along with crappy punting when we needed it

Well, if the momentum starts to shift, and you see that your defense is more sieve than brick wall for the game, it's probably a good time to call some OTHER sorts of plays to help swing the momentum back in your favor, donchathink?

Nope, not for Kyle Shanahan.

More long-developing, max protect plays.

Stupid.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Shanahan's offense scored 3 points in the second half, against a defense missing four starters, that even WITH the starters, was just as bad as our defense was.

Conversly, Bill Musgrove's offense scored 20 points in the second half, missing four starters, against a defense as bad as the vikings.

It doesn't take a genius to see that Kyle Shanahan calls awful games, like today's game, and good games, like last week's.

Like I said, let's look at a couple situations and not his whole body of work. But you clearly have an axe to grind with that SN.

Oh, and in those two games you are so critical of, the offense scored 57 points and had 933 total yards. Clearly he's an idiot!

You have your opinion. The fans I respect on here disagree with you.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arguments aside - that was gutting. We should have won that game.

Shenanihanigans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, let's look at a couple situations and not his whole body of work. But you clearly have an axe to grind with that SN.

Oh, and in those two games you are so critical of, the offense scored 57 points and had 933 total yards. Clearly he's an idiot!

You have your opinion. The fans I respect on here disagree with you.

I have an axe to grind because I cleverly combined "Shanahans," and "Shenanigans" as a screenname?

Oh, ok.

I guess when you've been worked over, you talk about screennames now.

As I said, he calls terrible games and good ones. His offense in Houston is falling apart. His offense here might do the same.

When he calls a bad game, he often costs games.

And what about the successful teams? Do they have o-coordinators that cost their teams' games? Even seattle, which in my opinion has less weapons on offense than the redskins do, have an o-coord that at least makes things even.

Shanahan's big-yardage, lots-of-point-makin' juggernaught scored 3 points in the second half against a defense missing four starters in a game that COULD HAVE been a major confidence booster.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that really sucked. That is all.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough night. I really thought you had that game in the bag. At 27-14 after 35 minutes the game looked like it would become a rout. You can blame the offense for not scoring after that and not breaking up a run of 20 unanswered points, but the bottom line is that you won't win many games when you concede 34 points. I hope you get this defeat out of your system and beat the Eagles in Week 11.

Mustard Tiger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't say "fire the coaches". Just fire one coach: Jim "Teflon" Haslett. Kyle has issues with the offense at times, and the special teams are horrendous under the new coach. But after 4 years of a bottom feeding defense (from mid to decent unit if you remember) Haslett has to go.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't say "fire the coaches". Just fire one coach: Jim "Teflon" Haslett. Kyle has issues with the offense at times, and the special teams are horrendous under the new coach. But after 4 years of a bottom feeding defense (from mid to decent unit if you remember) Haslett has to go.

Apparently you can't state that opinion here MT. You will be called an idiot, told to STFU or better yet, will lose the respect of other Skins fans. Lol!

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the score at 27 to 14 I gave the viqueens no chance to come back. I was very happy to see the. Skins were dominated