• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins off season ?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
far from a train wreck. Wow dude. the sky is not falling. You knew PG and DJ were leaving b/c of money. If Baker was a surprise to you then you are very misinformed. Are you reacting like this b/c KC is not going to get a long term deal?

Compared to what stable organizations are doing, you see nothing at all wrong with the moves this team has made Dean?? Seriously. Unable to find an upgrade at DC, firing the Gm at the start of the combine. Giving the HC an extension AFTER the DC search had failed. And a general sense of what are we really doing at the QB position.

This off season should have been a relatively quiet and uneventful one from a front office standpoint. The QB situation should have been decided and acted upon months ago. So while agree we havent reached full on train wreck status yet... and I stress the word yet...

We are looking like a Semi with no breaks headed towards the grand canyon. And instead of saying, lets down shift, Dan and Bruce are blaring the horn and mashing the gas pedal in hopes that we can jump it and look cool in the process.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Compared to what stable organizations are doing, you see nothing at all wrong with the moves this team has made Dean?? Seriously. Unable to find an upgrade at DC, firing the Gm at the start of the combine. Giving the HC an extension AFTER the DC search had failed. And a general sense of what are we really doing at the QB position.

This off season should have been a relatively quiet and uneventful one from a front office standpoint. The QB situation should have been decided and acted upon months ago. So while agree we havent reached full on train wreck status yet... and I stress the word yet...

We are looking like a Semi with no breaks headed towards the grand canyon. And instead of saying, lets down shift, Dan and Bruce are blaring the horn and mashing the gas pedal in hopes that we can jump it and look cool in the process.

You cant say for a fact that Munsky is not an upgrade at DC. We don't know the real reasons why the GM was fired. Like I said before Sm was not untouchable. Gruden was given a extension so show KC that they want him to be here and his HC will be staying. If you cant see that by now then something is wrong. As far as the QB situation goes Kc is the one who threw the hissy fit and said I don't want to deal with Allen. So long term deal conversations have stopped.

I am going to say that KC wont be traded before the draft. Synder wants him here. So if a fair offer is given after the draft until 7/15 to KC and he says no to chase another million or two then who is the asshole now?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cant say for a fact that Munsky is not an upgrade at DC. We don't know the real reasons why the GM was fired. Like I said before Sm was not untouchable. Gruden was given a extension so show KC that they want him to be here and his HC will be staying. If you cant see that by now then something is wrong. As far as the QB situation goes Kc is the one who threw the hissy fit and said I don't want to deal with Allen. So long term deal conversations have stopped.

I am going to say that KC wont be traded before the draft. Synder wants him here. So if a fair offer is given after the draft until 7/15 to KC and he says no to chase another million or two then who is the asshole now?

I can say for a fact that they settled on Manusky because no one else of any worth would take the job. So sure he might be an upgrade, but he might be just a continuation of the train wreck we have had at DC since Gregg Williams left.

You are right, we might never know the real reason the Gm was fired. But we do know that making that kind of move in the middle of the combine, and smack dab in the middle of the off season is unheard of and screams of dysfunction.

We can say that if Snyder really wanted Kirk, Money would not be an object, it never has been with him. And if given the choice of a one year contract at $24M, or a multi year deal at $16-18M, Knowing that you stand a good chance of getting a long term contract else where where there is less dysfunction, most NORMAL human beings would try to go else where. I can say if Kirk really wanted to be an asshole, he could have simply not signed the tender and forced a trade right now.

And I will ask this question to the entire forum...

All those who have faith in Dan and Bruce not finding a way to fuck this up... please raise your hand and be counted.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL. They extended Gruden to show Cousins that they want him here? LOL. Unnecessary - just pay the man his money & he will stay. Cousins doesn't want to deal w/Allen? Did you actually hear that quote from Cousins? It has already been proven that the media lies in cases like this since they stated that Cousins told Snyder he wanted to be traded which was a complete lie.

A fair offer? You mean like the relatively cheap offer from last offseason that both SM and Cousins viewed as acceptable only to be turned down by the dynamic duo? You also apparently begrudge someone for trying to maximize their income - easy thing to do when it is not your money. I find it amusing that you term someone who does this "an asshole". Oh well - you are doing a great job running the Bruce Allen fanclub.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can say for a fact that they settled on Manusky because no one else of any worth would take the job. So sure he might be an upgrade, but he might be just a continuation of the train wreck we have had at DC since Gregg Williams left.

You are right, we might never know the real reason the Gm was fired. But we do know that making that kind of move in the middle of the combine, and smack dab in the middle of the off season is unheard of and screams of dysfunction.

We can say that if Snyder really wanted Kirk, Money would not be an object, it never has been with him. And if given the choice of a one year contract at $24M, or a multi year deal at $16-18M, Knowing that you stand a good chance of getting a long term contract else where where there is less dysfunction, most NORMAL human beings would try to go else where. I can say if Kirk really wanted to be an asshole, he could have simply not signed the tender and forced a trade right now.

And I will ask this question to the entire forum...

All those who have faith in Dan and Bruce not finding a way to fuck this up... please raise your hand and be counted.

Wrong, Petiine was interested. The current offer for a LTD was 20m annually this was before SM got fired. Now im sure its a different story and that offer could be increased. Synder told KC directly that he wants him here. That is why he signed his tender.

Now when the 2017 season is over and we make or miss the playoffs with an improved offense and defense how is this a on Bruce and Dan?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. They extended Gruden to show Cousins that they want him here? LOL. Unnecessary - just pay the man his money & he will stay. Cousins doesn't want to deal w/Allen? Did you actually hear that quote from Cousins? It has already been proven that the media lies in cases like this since they stated that Cousins told Snyder he wanted to be traded which was a complete lie.

A fair offer? You mean like the relatively cheap offer from last offseason that both SM and Cousins viewed as acceptable only to be turned down by the dynamic duo? You also apparently begrudge someone for trying to maximize their income - easy thing to do when it is not your money. I find it amusing that you term someone who does this "an asshole". Oh well - you are doing a great job running the Bruce Allen fanclub.

Kc wanted insurance that Gruden will be here if he signed a LTD. why is that so hard to understand? The 20m annually was a fair offer IMO but that will probably get raised now.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW - the Gruden extension on its own means nothing. This organization has already shown that if they don't want someone who still has several years left on their contract they will find a way to get rid of them. They will either pressure them (Zorn) or fire them & use a smear campaign to allow them not to pay the rest of the contract (SM). They appear to have extended Gruden strictly for PR reasons & I feel confident saying that if they tire of him they will get rid of him ASAP. Hope it doesn't come to that.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong, Petiine was interested. The current offer for a LTD was 20m annually this was before SM got fired. Now im sure its a different story and that offer could be increased. Synder told KC directly that he wants him here. That is why he signed his tender.

Now when the 2017 season is over and we make or miss the playoffs with an improved offense and defense how is this a on Bruce and Dan?

If the team fails to improve, its is probably because Bruce and Dan failed to improve the talent on the team. And great, they offered him $4 Million less than he can make on the tag.. .you call that fair. But I would bet my last dollar, you wouldnt take 16% pay cut after the previous offer was also a 20% pay cut.

Snyder also told Arrington he would retire a Redskin.. how did that work out??

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kc wanted insurance that Gruden will be here if he signed a LTD. why is that so hard to understand? The 20m annually was a fair offer IMO but that will probably get raised now.

Again - why is it so wrong for a QB to want more money? You seem to have a major problem with this. Should Cousins settle for less out of loyalty? Are you serious? Do you think settling for less will allow for more improvements on the roster? Highly unlikely since the difference is not that much.

It just sounds like you have an issue with some athletes making a lot of money. Odd considering that you appear to have no issue with someone like Snyder doing this to a far greater degree.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the team fails to improve, its is probably because Bruce and Dan failed to improve the talent on the team. And great, they offered him $4 Million less than he can make on the tag.. .you call that fair. But I would bet my last dollar, you wouldnt take 16% pay cut after the previous offer was also a 20% pay cut.

Snyder also told Arrington he would retire a Redskin.. how did that work out??

yes, I call that fair for a guy who chokes last season when it counted. No talent? Pryor is not a good young talent at WR? We didn't have a lot of money to spend in Fa b/c you know exactly why.

If Kc gets to play with what he has now on offense and if we add a good back in the draft how is that not talent?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again - why is it so wrong for a QB to want more money? You seem to have a major problem with this. Should Cousins settle for less out of loyalty? Are you serious? Do you think settling for less will allow for more improvements on the roster? Highly unlikely since the difference is not that much.

It just sounds like you have an issue with some athletes making a lot of money. Odd considering that you appear to have no issue with someone like Snyder doing this to a far greater degree.

No problem paying Qb's who win. This guy does not deserve a blank check and that is what he is asking for. Don't give me this crap that he didn't have enough talent around him to win b/c he had plenty.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, I call that fair for a guy who chokes last season when it counted. No talent? Pryor is not a good young talent at WR? We didn't have a lot of money to spend in Fa b/c you know exactly why.

If Kc gets to play with what he has now on offense and if we add a good back in the draft how is that not talent?

If we are still in a position where the offense needs to score 30+ points to have a shot at winning, and the defense is still bottom five in the league.... sorry hoss.. thats on your boy Bruce for NOT improving the real weakness of the team.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we are still in a position where the offense needs to score 30+ points to have a shot at winning, and the defense is still bottom five in the league.... sorry hoss.. thats on your boy Bruce for NOT improving the real weakness of the team.

that is bullshit and you know it. 5 out of the 8 wins last year was when the offense scored under 30 points. 3 out of the 8 losses where the opponent scored under 30.

We were not a dominant offense points wise by no means. If that were true we would of made the playoffs.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is bullshit and you know it. 5 out of the 8 wins last year was when the offense scored under 30 points. 3 out of the 8 losses where the opponent scored under 30.

We were not a dominant offense points wise by no means. If that were true we would of made the playoffs.

read what you just said. If we HAVE to be a dominant offense, it means the defense was yet again garbage.

We were top 3 in yards, and top 12 in points on offense.

We were bottom five in yards and 14th in points given up.

So you tell me... which unit CARRIED the team last year??

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
read what you just said. If we HAVE to be a dominant offense, it means the defense was yet again garbage.

We were top 3 in yards, and top 12 in points on offense.

We were bottom five in yards and 14th in points given up.

So you tell me... which unit CARRIED the team last year??

We weren't a dominant offense in points last year. That is why we missed the playoffs. Plus we lost Hall and JG on the defense. KC did not carry this team last year.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd expect Dan to lose lots of money next year if the 'skins miss the playoffs for any reason.
The media doesn't like the Washington Football team, they don't seem to care that former employees have a side to tell when they get fired, and even the dumbest fans are going to eventually realize "Hey we haven't won a superbowl in like 20+ years"

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We weren't a dominant offense in points last year. That is why we missed the playoffs. Plus we lost Hall and JG on the defense. KC did not carry this team last year.

Again dude, you totally miss the point. Im not shocked though. New England scored a whopping 3.2 points per game more than we did. Sheer fucking Dominance at its finest.

Again, if we need to be a dominant offense in order to even have a SHOT at winning most games... where is the problem??

The fact is, our offense SCORED more points than Our defense gave up on average. If we had a middle of the pack defense, instead of bottom five... we would have made the playoffs. I know you want to blame the QB because of the Giants game... but most people realize, we should have secured a playoffs birth three weeks before the end of the season.