• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins GM Scot McCloughan won’t rule out taking a quarterback in the first round

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redskins GM Scot McCloughan won’t rule out taking a quarterback in the first round - The Washington Post

This gives me faith we could be damn good very soon

Quarterbacks are “so hard to find, and he’s still young,” McCloughan said on ESPN 980. “Give him the benefit of the doubt, he’s been banged up. You can say, ‘Yeah, the grass is greener,’ but who can we go get? If all of a sudden he goes somewhere and starts lighting it up, you know? And Jay’s system, that’s a tough system the first year for to learn, you know? So, I’m very curious to see how his second year [with Gruden] goes. Very curious.”

“The key thing with me, the same thing we did with Alex Smith when we drafted him in San Fran was, build around him,” McCloughan said on 106.7 The Fan. “Don’t make the quarterback have to win and lose the game for you. Let’s get him some stud offensive linemen, let’s get a damn good running game, let’s get a tight end that can stretch the field, a couple of receivers to make plays. Then all of a sudden that one guy becomes much better.”

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The price for Mariota just dropped.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of'course you say you might draft a qb because if there is a qb left on the draftboard when youpick a team might trade up to are 5 spots

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redskins GM Scot McCloughan won’t rule out taking a quarterback in the first round - The Washington Post

This gives me faith we could be damn good very soon

Quarterbacks are “so hard to find, and he’s still young,” McCloughan said on ESPN 980. “Give him the benefit of the doubt, he’s been banged up. You can say, ‘Yeah, the grass is greener,’ but who can we go get? If all of a sudden he goes somewhere and starts lighting it up, you know? And Jay’s system, that’s a tough system the first year for to learn, you know? So, I’m very curious to see how his second year [with Gruden] goes. Very curious.”

“The key thing with me, the same thing we did with Alex Smith when we drafted him in San Fran was, build around him,” McCloughan said on 106.7 The Fan. “Don’t make the quarterback have to win and lose the game for you. Let’s get him some stud offensive linemen, let’s get a damn good running game, let’s get a tight end that can stretch the field, a couple of receivers to make plays. Then all of a sudden that one guy becomes much better.”

Sounds very familiar to what Jay Gruden said about a year ago when he was hired. That changed quickly. We'll see if he still feels that way in August.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Headline said one thing, article quotes said something completely different. WTF? As spurrier said you always answer that question that way, especially this early.