• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Recruit Chances of Committing

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What % do you see Penn State landing the player (Write next to name % you think)
I picked 10 guys who had medium interest in PSU and rated 4 stars according to scout.com.

DT Nnadi
CB Lattimore
S Smith
OT Bookser
DT Holley
S Nicholson
RB Autry
OLB Lee
OLB Rhaheed
DT Walker

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DT Nnadi = 40% (I think he goes to VT)
CB Lattimore = 10% (OSU)
S Smith = 5% (Bama)
OT Bookser = 40% (Pitt)
DT Holley = 60% (PSU)
S Nicholson = 55% (PSU)
RB Autry = 5% (Georgia Tech)
OLB Lee = 15% (Louisville)
OLB Rhaheed = 5% (Arkansas)
DT Walker = 55% (PSU)

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What % do you see Penn State landing the player (Write next to name % you think)
I picked 10 guys who had medium interest in PSU and rated 4 stars according to scout.com.

DT Nnadi
CB Lattimore
S Smith
OT Bookser
DT Holley
S Nicholson
RB Autry
OLB Lee
OLB Rhaheed
DT Walker

First off, I would add Cabinda and put him at 99% to flip from Cuse

DT Nnadi 45%, have heard varying things on him
CB Lattimore 1%
S Smith 5%
OT Bookser 50% (not sure how hard we are after him even with extra ships)
DT Holley 70% (he's coming in for scUM game and will see our best shot for atmospehe)
S Nicholson 50% and fading (not sure they feel he is physical enough for D and we have better WR)
RB Autry 5%
OLB Lee 0% unless he visits, then it would go WAY up
OLB Rhaheed 5%
DT Walker 60%

Keep an eye on Ollison and Shai Mckenzie at RB (Mckenzie suffered a knee injury and lines have been reopened since we got ships back) they have been in touch with both.

Also keep an eye on Adonis Jennings and Kamara at WR

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walker committed to VT today. Nnadi is so hard to read. One day I think he is Hokie, the next day he seems like a PSU lock, the next it's FSU, and then OSU.....

If i hear anything though I will pass it on. We target a lot of similar guys so there is some good info over on the VT board as well WRT recruiting the area and y'all are welcome any time to come ask opinions there as well.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walker committed to VT today. Nnadi is so hard to read. One day I think he is Hokie, the next day he seems like a PSU lock, the next it's FSU, and then OSU.....

If i hear anything though I will pass it on. We target a lot of similar guys so there is some good info over on the VT board as well WRT recruiting the area and y'all are welcome any time to come ask opinions there as well.

Well congrats on landing a good player. I lived in Northern VA most of my life and my sister went to VT so I wish your team the best until 10yrs from now when PSU plays you guys. :laugh3:

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much for Walker

Nnadi name is popping up more, but not buying it till he visits. Today is huge for Holey and gheisecki. Parents and coaches pushing Geisecki to PSU and Glenn carson went to same school so he helps. He's announcing next week

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparnetly Nnadi is a surprise visitor and is on campus today. Curious to hear his comments after

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are the top guys who was visiting today source black shoes diaries. However it does say Nicholson was visiting today I thought he was visiting FSU today. Man I hope he was at the PSU game. Man I wish I was at the game.

2014:

• Antoine White (DT) (Millville (NJ)) (Committed)
  • De'Andre Thompkins (WR) (Swansboro (NC)) (Committed)
  • Marcus Allen (S) (Upper Marlboro (MD)) (Committed)
  • Nick Scott (RB) (Fairfax (VA)) (Committed)
  • Troy Apke (WR) (Mount Lebanon (PA)) (Committed)
  • Troy Reeder (LB) (Wilmington (DE)) (Committed)
  • Troy Stivason (K) (Athens (PA)) (Committed)
  • Jason Cabinda (LB) (Hunterdon Central (NJ))
  • Mike Gesicki (TE) (Manahawkin (NJ))
  • Montae Nicholson (S) (Gateway (PA))
  • Thomas Holley (DT) (Abraham Lincoln (NY))
  • Maybe Brandon Lee (LB) (Lawrence Central (IN))
2015 And Beyond:
  • Andre Robinson (RB) (Bishop McDevitt (PA))
  • Andrew & David Dowell (RB & ATH) (St. Edward (OH))
  • Austin Clark (OT) (Rockbridge County (VA))
  • Brett Brumbaugh (QB) (South Fayette (PA))
  • CJ Conrad (TE) (Keystone (OH))
  • Chris Green (LB) (Central Catholic (OH))
  • Darius Fullwood (DE) (Good Counsel (MD))
  • Irvin Charles (WR) (Haddonfield (NJ))
  • Jarret Guarantano (QB) (Bergen Catholic (NJ))
  • John Reid (CB) (St. Joseph's Prep (NJ))
  • Justin Hilliard (LB) (St. Xavier (OH))
  • Minkah Fitzpatrick (CB) (St. Peter's Prep (NJ))
  • Sterling Jenkins (OT) (Baldwin (PA))

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are the top guys who was visiting today source black shoes diaries. However it does say Nicholson was visiting today I thought he was visiting FSU today. Man I hope he was at the PSU game. Man I wish I was at the game.

2014:

[/LIST]

Nicholson was at FSU last week.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I missed read it but any news if Nicholson was at the UM game?

Didn't see him on visitor list, but honestly don't know how hard we are after him. I don't think anyone feels he has the toughness or mindset to play defense and he's not better than our current WR.

They are still trying to confirm whether or not Bookser was there as well. Sounds good for Geisicki so far and the 2015 and 16 kids all seemed enamored and very impressed

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't see him on visitor list, but honestly don't know how hard we are after him. I don't think anyone feels he has the toughness or mindset to play defense and he's not better than our current WR.

They are still trying to confirm whether or not Bookser was there as well. Sounds good for Geisicki so far and the 2015 and 16 kids all seemed enamored and very impressed

I rather have a 5 star OT and 4 star safety which scout.com ranks them then a 2-3 star player that PSU evaluates. Yes our staff knows what is best for the Penn State team and I really like BOB so far in recruiting. However when we are limited on scholarships I rather go with the guys higher ranked by the scouting experts then take a risk and hope the kid works out for us. When we are at full strength on scholarships then I say sure take a flyer on 5-7 kids that fit our system which aren't ranked high but our scouts think will be diamonds in the rough.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I rather have a 5 star OT and 4 star safety which scout.com ranks them then a 2-3 star player that PSU evaluates. Yes our staff knows what is best for the Penn State team and I really like BOB so far in recruiting. However when we are limited on scholarships I rather go with the guys higher ranked by the scouting experts then take a risk and hope the kid works out for us. When we are at full strength on scholarships then I say sure take a flyer on 5-7 kids that fit our system which aren't ranked high but our scouts think will be diamonds in the rough.

So you'd rather have some 7 on 7 workout warrior over a guy our staff has evaluated on countless hours of film, in person instructional camps and live game actiuon??

So, you'd rather have guys like Alex Kenney and Dakota Royer over those lousy 3 star guys like DaQuan jones and Allen Robinson?? We've had a ton of 3 star talent carry us over the last 10-15 years and more busts/flameouts on the 4/5 star kids.

If you'd ever meet some of these clowns that do the evaluations for scout and the other services, you'd probably change your tune. There's a reason they are working for a website and not coaching. They boost and drop guys based on when they commit so they can sell more subscriptions as well. A stud player that commits early can easily drop a star ranking because he won't create any more network traffic.

I can make you a list of 4-5 star linemen a mile long who've been total busts. If they aren't sold on Bookser, they have seen enough of him to know he doesn't fit what they want in an OL

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying the 3 star recruits that we have recruited aren't any good and I am defiantly not saying our PSU doesn't know what they are doing. I am saying on a scholarship restricted year I would offer the scholarship to a 5 star recruit over a 3 star recruit. Hey I LOVE the PSU recruiting team especially Larry Johnson who doesn't get enough credit. Honestly if you had a choice of picking a 1-5 star kid you would choose the 5 star recruit. Yes there are situations like grades, good fit for team, your own eval, health issues, etc and this will change your opinion on some players but if you had to pick you normally would go after the 5 star recruit.

I understand the ratings are inflated on some kids because the kid goes to more camps then other kids and more camps equal more exposure. However he is showing his ability to play against other top players. Yes it isn't full strength or in pads but it gives you a decent evaluation of the player.

I fully understand what your saying on how there are tons of bust at the highest of rankings but its hard to be a bust when your a 3 star recruit. If you a 3 star recruit fails he cant be a bust but if he succeeds they say it was great recruiting. Now a 5 star recruit can only go 1 way and that's down.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying the 3 star recruits that we have recruited aren't any good and I am defiantly not saying our PSU doesn't know what they are doing. I am saying on a scholarship restricted year I would offer the scholarship to a 5 star recruit over a 3 star recruit. Hey I LOVE the PSU recruiting team especially Larry Johnson who doesn't get enough credit. Honestly if you had a choice of picking a 1-5 star kid you would choose the 5 star recruit. Yes there are situations like grades, good fit for team, your own eval, health issues, etc and this will change your opinion on some players but if you had to pick you normally would go after the 5 star recruit.

I understand the ratings are inflated on some kids because the kid goes to more camps then other kids and more camps equal more exposure. However he is showing his ability to play against other top players. Yes it isn't full strength or in pads but it gives you a decent evaluation of the player.

I fully understand what your saying on how there are tons of bust at the highest of rankings but its hard to be a bust when your a 3 star recruit. If you a 3 star recruit fails he cant be a bust but if he succeeds they say it was great recruiting. Now a 5 star recruit can only go 1 way and that's down.

USC has won recruiting day numerous times and is perennial top 5, how have all those stars worked out for them?? their roster is littered with 4-5 star guys. Meyer left Florida a freaking mess for Muschamp and it was all 4-5 star kids as well. BOB comes from a place where they know what they need for their system, the Patriots do it better than anyone. Find guys who people shake their head at you for signing and then watch them contribute because they do exactly what you needed them to do. BOB knows what he needs on his team, not some schmop who writes for scout or rivals.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC has had top of the class recruiting past 10 years and they have done well when they have had a coach who could put it all together. Then came Kiffen who could recruit but couldn't coach so they have struggled lately. The same with Florida. Meyers always has had a top 5 recruiting class and he could coach those kids to a championship but Muschamp couldn't coach all that talent. Meyers is still getting all those 5 star recruits and still doing well. Bama another team top of recruiting and dominating college. So yeah the end of the year recruiting battles are a big reason teams do well the following years.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Recruiting rankings:
2011: 1. FSU 2. Bama 3. Auburn 4. USC 5. Texas 7. OSU
2012: 1. Bama 2. FSU 3. Texas 4. Florida 5. Georgia 6. OSU
2013: 1. Bama 2. Florida 3. OSU 4. ND 9. FSU

This years current AP rankings after 6 games played
1. Bama 2. Oregon 3. Clemson 4. OSU 5. FSU

The top 3 out of 5 teams have had the best recruiting past few years and its because of there higher ranked players.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Recruiting rankings:
2011: 1. FSU 2. Bama 3. Auburn 4. USC 5. Texas 7. OSU
2012: 1. Bama 2. FSU 3. Texas 4. Florida 5. Georgia 6. OSU
2013: 1. Bama 2. Florida 3. OSU 4. ND 9. FSU

This years current AP rankings after 6 games played
1. Bama 2. Oregon 3. Clemson 4. OSU 5. FSU

The top 3 out of 5 teams have had the best recruiting past few years and its because of there higher ranked players.

Ohio State's key players are from the last regime recruiting, Texas is in top every year and suck, Georgia has nothing to show for their classes, Auburn, LOL, ND stinks this year with Kelly's recruits, Meyer won with Zook's kids and bailed when he realized his team was great in scout.com recruiting wars but not talented enough to win on field. BTW, you do realize we are getting 4-5 star guys under BOB, landed the top QB in nation, top TE in nation, lead for 5 star DT this year and Gesecki is a high 4 star. You act like we are recruiting choped liver because the staff may not like someone as much as some clown from scout.

Our class last year would've been top 5 without our BOT selling us down river. BOB will finish strong, fill needs this year and look out next year...bank it, top 10 class with several BIG commits early.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am NOT saying anything bad about Penn States recruiting. I am saying I rather have a 5 star player then a 3 star player. Chill man we just see the rankings differently but we both love Penn State, the recruiters, the players coming to PSU, of course Bill O'Brien, and much much more. What O'Brien and his staff have accomplished through this so called "death penalty" is nothing less then a miracle. We shouldn't be getting 2-3 star recruits after the penalties and yet we are getting the top QB in nation and top TE to come play. I cant wait to see what OB can do without any sanctions. Please Lord let us keep OB a very very very long time.