• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Real problem with this team

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check this out:

Washington Redskins' 10 biggest cap hits for 2015 - ESPN

We have spent a bucket load of money on vets that have come no where near living up to their pay. These are the first ones we need to address. Especially Bowen, Cofield, hatcher, and Chester. Lavaou, while not on this list, needs to also be added. Bowen and lavaou should be cut outright. The rest of these vets should be told that to stay, they need to redo thei contacts at a significant pay cut. If they balk, cut them. It irks me that we pay these chumps this kind of money, but we let a great safety walk over a difference of $500K. If this isn't evidence that we really needed a talent oriented GM, don't know what would be.

This article also points out that both Kerrigan and Trent are in the final years of their initial contracts. We should be redoing their deals right now and extending them for multiple years.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check this out:

Washington Redskins' 10 biggest cap hits for 2015 - ESPN

We have spent a bucket load of money on vets that have come no where near living up to their pay. These are the first ones we need to address. Especially Bowen, Cofield, hatcher, and Chester. Lavaou, while not on this list, needs to also be added. Bowen and lavaou should be cut outright. The rest of these vets should be told that to stay, they need to redo thei contacts at a significant pay cut. If they balk, cut them. It irks me that we pay these chumps this kind of money, but we let a great safety walk over a difference of $500K. If this isn't evidence that we really needed a talent oriented GM, don't know what would be.

This article also points out that both Kerrigan and Trent are in the final years of their initial contracts. We should be redoing their deals right now and extending them for multiple years.

:agree:

however with the dysfunction on this team through the years you end up overpaying to get players to come here

the dysfunction needs to go away

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see cutting Bowen and Chester. Lavaou is a diminishing returns kind of cut. We only save $1 million if we cut him. So you have to ask yourself, even if he isnt starting any more can you get a competent backup for $1 million or less? And even if you can, did you really upgrade or make a difference??

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see cutting Bowen and Chester. Lavaou is a diminishing returns kind of cut. We only save $1 million if we cut him. So you have to ask yourself, even if he isnt starting any more can you get a competent backup for $1 million or less? And even if you can, did you really upgrade or make a difference??

Probably not, but you have to also look at the fact that that is one less younger player you can keep and develop. When you are rebuilding, these moves matter.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably not, but you have to also look at the fact that that is one less younger player you can keep and develop. When you are rebuilding, these moves matter.

I can see it from that standpoint as well. But you know my philosophy on these kinds of moves. You dont cut or fire a guy out of frustration alone. If he is going to be cut, it should be because we have a better option considering the fact that it wont amount to much of a cap savings unless we make him a june 1st cut

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lavoua was a power blocking player asked to be a zone blocking guy . perhaps you could hold on to him and see if callahan's power blocking scheme gets better production from him .

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weve made too many head scratcher FA pickups, going on yearssss. Why was Lauvao paid soo highly right out of the gate when he couldnt even start? Hatcher was a hopeful move that turned sour. Clark was a good addition to the team imo... But he shouldve been in a backup rex grossman mentor/leader role. Bowen cofield fit the youth movement bill at the time, but were also paid too much and have not produced at their valued level.

The list goes on and on:
Larry johnson
Mcnabb trade
Josh morgan
Andre roberts
Chris Chester
Mike McGlynn
Haynesworth (puke)

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lavoua was a power blocking player asked to be a zone blocking guy . perhaps you could hold on to him and see if callahan's power blocking scheme gets better production from him .

I see us taking an OT high in this draft. My preference would be in the first round, but I can see as to where it might not be until the second. I also see us going for size and power over smaller and nimble as we have the past five years. I really think the two issues on offense that we have currently are the line and the QB. You decide which is more of the problem at this point. But i have come to believe the line is more pressing this year. Now we could also use a second and possibly a 3rd TE. Maybe some actual size at WR would also be nice... but my list of offensive needs would go

OT
OG (maybe 2)
TE (maybe 2)
WR (with some size)
QB
RB

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see us taking an OT high in this draft. My preference would be in the first round, but I can see as to where it might not be until the second. I also see us going for size and power over smaller and nimble as we have the past five years. I really think the two issues on offense that we have currently are the line and the QB. You decide which is more of the problem at this point. But i have come to believe the line is more pressing this year. Now we could also use a second and possibly a 3rd TE. Maybe some actual size at WR would also be nice... but my list of offensive needs would go

OT
OG (maybe 2)
TE (maybe 2)
WR (with some size)
QB
RB

well if you can shark DVR and watch the NFLPA collegiate game . that game has a nice center from harvard and a 6-6 280 blocking TE from tx a and m

they also have a couple of qbs we could develop

the east west game has a nice tall 6-5 wr in jordan taylor and mich qb devin gardner who is 6-5 and trying to be a wr so dvr that one too

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OT
OG (maybe 2)
TE (maybe 2)
WR (with some size)
QB
RB

It may not be a question of which is the larger problem ( OL or QB), but which can we address this off season. I just don't see any QB options in either the draft or FA that can help this year. There are, however, multiple OL that have the ability to step in and make us better. Focus on fixing what you can this year and try and upgrade the QB play next year.

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well if you can shark DVR and watch the NFLPA collegiate game . that game has a nice center from harvard and a 6-6 280 blocking TE from tx a and m

they also have a couple of qbs we could develop

the east west game has a nice tall 6-5 wr in jordan taylor and mich qb devin gardner who is 6-5 and trying to be a wr so dvr that one too
i really like gardner as a wr. if denard could throw a football he would have done well the year he was a wr.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea why Larry Johnson keeps being brought up. He was camp fodder, they took a flyer on an old vet by signing him on the cheap. Didn't work out and he was cut. What's the big deal again?