• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers vs royals: royal beating thread

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion Colby is a number 3. We may need to consider a trade when the time comes if these starters continue to struggle. Darvish is the only starter I feel comfortable with in a playoff series as of right now. My gut says that Holland will come around and be fine

Colby's been money two years in a row in October. The guy just finds a way to dig deep and find another gear. I would still take him into October. Holland and Harrison will both be fine. How quickly people forget just how solid Harrison was last year. Harrison is a solid #3 all day long and complements Darvish and holland well being a sinker ball pitcher. The guy I'm not 100% sold on yet is Feliz.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7 mil per is a lot to pay your setup man. I was glad to get Natgan, but thought they went too high on him.

Yeah that was really stupid, but just because he's getting paid the most doesn't mean the team should suffer for it. Right now he's arguably our 3rd best reliever(not really a knock on him, our BP is really good).

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colby is our #5 just like he was last year, with some big game ability.

Pretty much. After the first week they all pitch every fifth day.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that was really stupid, but just because he's getting paid the most doesn't mean the team should suffer for it. Right now he's arguably our 3rd best reliever(not really a knock on him, our BP is really good).

And this is the quandary Texas will likely face around the all star break.

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Colby's been money two years in a row in October. The guy just finds a way to dig deep and find another gear. I would still take him into October. Holland and Harrison will both be fine. How quickly people forget just how solid Harrison was last year. Harrison is a solid #3 all day long and complements Darvish and holland well being a sinker ball pitcher. The guy I'm not 100% sold on yet is Feliz.

I am with you on Feliz, but still not sure about Harrison. My only worry is if go back to the W.S. and we have to face a team with three or four really good starters like the Nationals, having to deal with Gio G, Zimmerman, Detweiler and of course Strasburg. I am getting ahead of myself here so we have a couple of months here to see how our starters progress

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers have a championship caliber lineup, a championship caliber bullpen, a championship caliber defense (when MY is DHing), and a very pedestrian starting rotation.

These 5 won't get us to the promise land. Darvish, Holland, and sometimes Harrison can get the job done. Colby is garbage unless its October and Feliz is such a huge question mark you just can't expect a ton from him. Rangers are going to need to bring up another starter or make a trade at the deadline for one. This group isn't good enough.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers have a championship caliber lineup, a championship caliber bullpen, a championship caliber defense (when MY is DHing), and a very pedestrian starting rotation.

These 5 won't get us to the promise land. Darvish, Holland, and sometimes Harrison can get the job done. Colby is garbage unless its October and Feliz is such a huge question mark you just can't expect a ton from him. Rangers are going to need to bring up another starter or make a trade at the deadline for one. This group isn't good enough.

Darvish, Holland, Harrison, and Lewis will be fine. Feliz is doing exactly what he is supposed to.

There is nothing to worry about. 2 game series in May in the middle of a LONG stretch of games to a non-division rival isn't a big deal.

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

At this time agree with you, but I would still wait and see how the young pitchers progress into July. Darvish looks like a stud. Lewis gives up too many dingers for me.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude stfu. You talked shit on our team how many times last year when WE WERE IN FIRST PLACE? Shut up. Our rotation will only get better as the season goes on. Now get back to the angels board and get lost.

Last edited by a moderator:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this time agree with you, but I would still wait and see how the young pitchers progress into July. Darvish looks like a stud. Lewis gives up too many dingers for me.

You just swing like a pendulum don't you? You do realize you just agreed with jaar right?

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You just swing like a pendulum don't you? You do realize you just agreed with jaar right?

I did to an extent only asking him for patience on Derek, Matt and Nefti until the end of July. I know Colby has done well the last two Octobers but his longballs are just a bit frustrating.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lewis is somewhere around where he is now, not quite as good as the guy from the first 5 games and not as bad as the guy from the last 3, I don't have a problem with that

Feliz is doing exactly what you woould have expected from him as our #5 starter, if not more

Darvish is exceeding or meeting expectations depending on what you had going into the season

Holland has had a couple hiccups but seems to be ready for a step further into acedom this year

Harrison is the one I'm most unsure about, but I think he'll end up being just fine

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Darvish has definitely exceeded expectations that I had for him. He will only get better.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN MLB Colby Lewis' bad stretch continues

Wash says the royals did a good job of hitting them where they ain't..... You mean like the gaps and outfield walls??? What a clown. It was a shit start. No other way to say it.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lewis is somewhere around where he is now, not quite as good as the guy from the first 5 games and not as bad as the guy from the last 3, I don't have a problem with that

Feliz is doing exactly what you woould have expected from him as our #5 starter, if not more

Darvish is exceeding or meeting expectations depending on what you had going into the season

Holland has had a couple hiccups but seems to be ready for a step further into acedom this year

Harrison is the one I'm most unsure about, but I think he'll end up being just fine

Harrison's last start was typical Harrison. The Rangers take a one run lead in the bottom of the inning, Harrison gives up a lead off walk and single in the top half of the inning. The guy is a solid West division pitcher and a question mark most other times.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say his starts against Detroit and Baltimore are most typical for Harrison

7.2, 3 ERs, 11 GBs, 6 Ks,
7.0, 3 ERs, 13 GBs, 3 Ks,