• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers V The Clock - draft and trade deadlines approaching as ARI comes to the Grill

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can go as much over as they want, but it has to be offset by going under somewhere else. Jamey is adding what they are under overall to the amount they are allowed to go over the total without penalty.

gotcha. So going so far over on some of the other dudes was even more of a questionable decision

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he really wants to stay, then how come its being reported that there is no traction in contract talks.
This is his problem right here. He doesn't understand that it probably is either now or never. Revisiting the talks after the season is not assured at all.

“I don't understand the whole ‘I have to be traded, I have to be extended’ thing,” Gallo said. “I have a whole ‘nother year and a half on my contract. It’s not a Trevor Story situation where he’s got two months left. We can talk about a contract for another year. I don’t really understand. I get there's a certain pressure and time that people are trying to deal with, but I'm still under contract here for a year and a half. I think this is highly likely that like nothing happens and like last year, we just revisit these things in a few months.”

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arm chair GM.
Trade Gallo and 2 minor leaguers we deem as depth OR Kyle Gibson and Ian Kennedy to Brewers for Ethan Small,
Keston Hiura, Jamie Westbrook, and Korry Howell.

Trade Gallo and 2 minor leaguers we deem as depth OR Kyle Gibson and Ian Kennedy to Redsox for Jarren Duran, Kutter Crawford, Tyler Dearden and Connor Seabold

“..” to the Dodgers for Josiah Grey and Miguel Vargas

“…” to the Giants for Luis Matos, Caleb Killian and Diego Rincones plus another player..

“…” to the Cardinals for Nick Plummer, Alex Burleson, Andre Palante and Dionys Rodriguez

“..” To the Bluejays for Orelvis Martinez, Yosver Zulueta, Josh Palacios and Nick Allgeyer

Padres for Robert Hassell, Eric Hosmer, Eguy Rosario, and Adrian Martinez

Yankees for Luis Medina, Anthony Volpe, Jake Sanford and Glenn Otto

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade precursor

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He looks like a good one

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gallo has a number in his head he wil take and Rangers have not offered. It is business. If he stays I will be happy but if he goes I won't be heartbroke unless he was severely lowballed

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gallo has a number in his head he wil take and Rangers have not offered. It is business. If he stays I will be happy but if he goes I won't be heartbroke unless he was severely lowballed

In this age of contracts, it could be the length and/or the AAV that is the sticking point. Contracts are bonkers these days. And what I would consider a fair contract might be a lowball offer to someone else.

The Gallo situation is a unique one, and no matter what happens, the FO will be the bad guy to a lot of people.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In this age of contracts, it could be the length and/or the AAV that is the sticking point. Contracts are bonkers these days. And what I would consider a fair contract might be a lowball offer to someone else.

The Gallo situation is a unique one, and no matter what happens, the FO will be the bad guy to a lot of people.
You are so right concerning the FO. They can't win in this case. Too many fans like HR and that is all they see. Some see a possible 250 K's this year. You're are either one or another type fan.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he is traded I will understand, but I will be as sad to see him leave, as I have anyone who has left the team in a long time. I might even love the return we get for him, but it will still hurt to lose a player who came up through the system, who is a great teammate, who seems like a great guy, and who has played very well, overall.

We haven't had too many guys who have come up through the system and performed well over the last 10 years. Kinsler and CJ were in that boat once, but both of them kind of wore out their welcome, especially CJ.

Losing him won't be on the same level as when we lost Pudge, but I am not sure that I can think of anyone in between Pudge and Gallo that I hated losing as much as Joey.

It is still a business though.

Reactions: DTC

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are so right concerning the FO. They can't win in this case. Too many fans like HR and that is all they see. Some see a possible 250 K's this year. You're are either one or another type fan.

Fans are weird, man. Joey has said publicly several times this week how much he wants to be here, but when I mention how the Rangers have offered him a contract, which he hasn't accepted, they'll say "Well he's not going to play for less than what he's worth." OK, so then what Gallo wants is to play for "what he's worth." He prefers that be for the Rangers, but playing for the Rangers isn't the deciding factor here. The contract is.

And that's fine. I have no issue with that. Gallo is a good player, and I'm on the same page as he is. I prefer he plays for the Rangers, but the contract is the deciding factor here. Gallo isn't a "do whatever it takes to keep him here" player for me. I understand he is that for a lot of fans, and that's fine. And if another team pays him what he feels he's worth, and he goes nuts and ends up a World Series MVP, that's great for Joey.

But if he's going to keep saying how much he wants to be here, then accept the extension offered (or offer a reasonable counter). Reminds me of Ozzie Albies with the Braves. He accepted a team-friendly contract (and was unfairly ridiculed for it) because he wanted to be on the Braves.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At some point, this club will have to spend very big on a couple of players and fairly big on one or two more. We have a good quantity of good players on the way. What we lack is upper echelon type players coming up. That lack will have to be made up through free agency, and will require us to be willing to be the top bidder for some guys. Whoever it is, will have a contract that looks terrible in the last couple of years that they are here, but that is how it almost always works.

It will probably require us to pay dearly with prospects for an ace, at this time of the year too. Maybe that will only be two or three years away.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If I was betting on it, I would bet the farm that Boras is using that as part of his negotiations with the Rangers. Saying that since the return for Gallo could be subpar, the better choice for the Rangers is to extend Joey.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference with Gallo and a couple others listed here is that they are not just 2 month rentals. One of those is Buxton and he is hurt, causing some to say that he won't be on the market until the offseason.

Reactions: DTC

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference with Gallo and a couple others listed here is that they are not just 2 month rentals. One of those is Buxton and he is hurt, causing some to say that he won't be on the market until the offseason.

good point. Of all the listed players Gallo is definitely the most valuable. 1.5 years left and high OPS, WRC+, Defense, Homers.
Put him in a lineup with some protection and more people on base and he will produce even better