• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Travel to Houston for Three Games with the Astros July 24-26

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the kind of game you get a kid into. Speas needed one or two of these to be in.
Nice to get a soft landing every once in a while

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Funny

armadillooutlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yay more stupidity from the peanut gallery, we've effectively been in 1st all year, we've only not been in 1st place 1 day all year, but it's all smoke and mirrors to the 4th best record in MLB

Do we need bullpen help? Yes. Do we have flaws? Yes. But do does just about every team.

Get a bullpen arm or 2, kick the tires on a couple starters and maybe a lineup piece, but by no means overpay
This season has been nothing short of amazing, and with the right moves we can definitely compete for a WS title this year. I really think the emphasis needs to be on getting two more relievers that are on par with Smith and Chapman and a #3 starting pitcher. For the pen I'd love to get David Bednar, but a couple of rentals would be A-ok. A rental starting pitcher would be fine, too, and would probably allow us to not have to gut the farm system too bad.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This season has been nothing short of amazing, and with the right moves we can definitely compete for a WS title this year. I really think the emphasis needs to be on getting two more relievers that are on par with Smith and Chapman and a #3 starting pitcher. For the pen I'd love to get David Bednar, but a couple of rentals would be A-ok. A rental starting pitcher would be fine, too, and would probably allow us to not have to gut the farm system too bad.
I respectfully disagree. We must be patient. We were a bottom 10 baseball team the last six seasons. Signed Seager, Simien, deGrom, brought up Heim and Jung, got good value for Gallo, signed Eovaldi, drafted Leiter (hopefully not a mistake like I believe Rocker will be), drafted Langford who will be a starting corner OF sometime next year.

2023 is a bit of an illusion. We are better. We are not a couple relievers from winning a WS.

Our window opens in 24 and should be a good 3-5 year run of competitive contending teams.

Sending away any top assets this week, unless there is multi year control, would be a fools errand. Don't do it.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Note, he gave examples of possibilities, he did not say the Rangers were working on deals with those teams.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as they don't overspend on relievers and just shore up the bullpen, I think they'll be fine going forward, they might even be able to get a starter to hold things down and let Eovaldi rest on the IL and Bellinger for not much in terms of prospects

Seager, Jung, Semien, Heim, Tavares, Lowe, Garcia seem to locked in for the foreseeable future and we have a glut of solid prospects non-top to trade from (saddles posted a solid list previously, but conspicuously lacking Crim :whistle:) to acquire some pieces, the tricky part will be the pitchers, always is

I'm as cautious as anyone when it comes to prospects, but this team can clearly compete with anyone when healthy, even Atlanta, is Atlanta better, yes... but it think that World Series goes 4-2

armadillooutlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A deal for Lorenzen and Foley would interest me quite a bit. Especially considering Foley is young with team control. Since Lorenzen would be a rental, the overall cost to make that trade might not be as bad.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A deal for Lorenzen and Foley would interest me quite a bit. Especially considering Foley is young with team control. Since Lorenzen would be a rental, the overall cost to make that trade might not be as bad.
Michael Lorenzen becomes a possible bullpen piece later on too as he's spent most of his career relieving

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

armadillooutlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respectfully disagree. We must be patient. We were a bottom 10 baseball team the last six seasons. Signed Seager, Simien, deGrom, brought up Heim and Jung, got good value for Gallo, signed Eovaldi, drafted Leiter (hopefully not a mistake like I believe Rocker will be), drafted Langford who will be a starting corner OF sometime next year.

2023 is a bit of an illusion. We are better. We are not a couple relievers from winning a WS.

Our window opens in 24 and should be a good 3-5 year run of competitive contending teams.

Sending away any top assets this week, unless there is multi year control, would be a fools errand. Don't do it.
I don't disagree as far as not wanting to trade away many if any of the very top prospects. I definitely don't want to move the big time guys like Carter, White, Porter, ect. unless it's for a big fish with team control (Bednar, for example) which is why it's more realistic to try and make a play for quality rentals, though I think you have to be flexible and see what type of trade opportunities come along.
The front office has to find a way to maintain a strong farm system while at the same time not missing out on a great chance to compete now. I don't see a single truly great team in the AL right now so the door this year is wide open. Only the Braves look intimidating, and we can only face them if we get to the WS.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Note, he gave examples of possibilities, he did not say the Rangers were working on deals with those teams.
Have a feeling Foscue will be the Tigers 3B man they are looking for.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm kinda surprised Juan Soto's name doesn't get mentioned more in trade talks.