• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers take on last place Mariners

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, hopefully we can win a series against a team whose pitching has let them down except for King Felix who we get to face in the 2nd game of the series. So here is hoping we win games 1 and 3. But we do have Lewis facing King Felix so if the offense can mustard a few runs you just never know.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something interesting on Ryan Cordell besides the fact that he hit 2 HRs last night is he has played in the OF his first 2 years in the minors. But in all 7 games this year they have him playing SS.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I had read that earlier this morning. With Rua out we are really thin on RH hitters that play in the OF. We have just Smolinski which I am okay with and DeShields who I am not. Then we have Martin, Pegs and Choo from the left side. And then I am not too crazy with our options on the right side of the IF and DH from the bench in regards to RH hitters. On a normal basis it is all LHers in Odor, Fielder and Moreland.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something interesting on Ryan Cordell besides the fact that he hit 2 HRs last night is he has played in the OF his first 2 years in the minors. But in all 7 games this year they have him playing SS.
I was kind of surprised when they announced they were moving him there, but at this point he has to be the hottest SS prospect we have in the organization. The kid is on fire this year so far.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OF Nick Williams was 4-4 last night in Frisco. Andrew Faulkner also had a great game for Frisco. 5.2 innings with 7 strikeouts, 2 hits, 2 walks, and no runs.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had read that earlier this morning. With Rua out we are really thin on RH hitters that play in the OF. We have just Smolinski which I am okay with and DeShields who I am not. Then we have Martin, Pegs and Choo from the left side. And then I am not too crazy with our options on the right side of the IF and DH from the bench in regards to RH hitters. On a normal basis it is all LHers in Odor, Fielder and Moreland.

There's almost no way to not put out at least 5 LHHs a night without giving Deshields play in the OF (for Martin & Choo) and Rosales play in the IF regularly (For Odor or Fielder)

C- Cheerios
1B- Fielder
2B- Rosales
3B- Beltre
SS- Andrus
LF- Deshields
CF- Martin
RF- Smolinski
DH- Moreland/Choo/Peggy/Odor - all LHHs

That's 3 LHHs but you now have Rosales & Deshields out there

Hoying is no help b/c he's also a LHH, (probably a reason why he's not on the roster as it would make us even more susceptible to LHPs)

Choice is on the 40 man and is currently hitting .160, and Hassan is hitting .222 both RHHs

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Choosing Choo over Cruz an year and a half ago is one reason why we are a little thin on RH hitters in the OF, but then that is old news.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Choosing Choo over Cruz an year and a half ago is one reason why we are a little thin on RH hitters in the OF, but then that is old news.

Cruz chose Baltimore over us.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cruz chose Baltimore over us.
It is easy to choose them over us when we didn't offer him anything at the time. lol

That was the problem. After the QO that we knew he wouldn't accept we never made another offer even after his price went way down.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is easy to choose them over us when we didn't offer him anything at the time. lol

That was the problem. After the QO that we knew he wouldn't accept we never made another offer even after his price went way down.

We've talked about this before and none of us know that. There's word out there that they did offer him more money and years and he turned it down. It may not have been a formal offer on paper, but JD was pretty clear they continued serious talks with him, and he took less years and money to buil his value in Baltimore. We've had this conversation over and over again. Stop presenting your opinion that we never engaged him after the QO as fact, because it's just not true.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is my opinion he did not want to play here.

That certainly may be, at least, somewhat true. After all he had the now infamous WS blunder, and then bellies up for the last 50 games here, and assured us of no playoff appearance. So that's some pretty unpleasant memories for sure.

But equally important was, he thought he had a much better opportunity in Baltimore to play the OF than here, and thus help re-establish himself.

In both of these cases, I can't say I blame him at all for doing what he did. Nor do I blame JD. Just part of the process is all.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is my opinion he did not want to play here.

I think he was a little surprised and maybe a bit hurt at how little interest he received in his first foray into FA, and some of that probably bled over into his feelings being hurt towards texas.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That certainly may be, at least, somewhat true. After all he had the now infamous WS blunder, and then bellies up for the last 50 games here, and assured us of no playoff appearance.

But equally important was, he thought he had a much better opportunity in Baltimore to play the OF than here, and thus help re-establish himself.

In both of these cases, I can't say I blame him at all for doing what he did. Nor do I blame JD. Just part of the process is all.

Spot on.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That certainly may be, at least, somewhat true. After all he had the now infamous WS blunder, and then bellies up for the last 50 games here, and assured us of no playoff appearance. So that's some pretty unpleasant memories for sure.

In any case , he chose Baltimore. He did well there and probably made the better choice. History now and long gone.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's almost no way to not put out at least 5 LHHs a night without giving Deshields play in the OF (for Martin & Choo) and Rosales play in the IF regularly (For Odor or Fielder)

C- Cheerios
1B- Fielder
2B- Rosales
3B- Beltre
SS- Andrus
LF- Deshields
CF- Martin
RF- Smolinski
DH- Moreland/Choo/Peggy/Odor - all LHHs

That's 3 LHHs but you now have Rosales & Deshields out there

Hoying is no help b/c he's also a LHH, (probably a reason why he's not on the roster as it would make us even more susceptible to LHPs)

Choice is on the 40 man and is currently hitting .160, and Hassan is hitting .222 both RHHs

Exactly. Which is why I will be glad when Rua is back. At least that helps us with the OF.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In any case , he chose Baltimore. He did well there and probably made the better choice. History now and long gone.

No kidding. We've more than talked/debated/argued over this enough.

Wish I had $5 for every time one of those sides was posted.