• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers head to Beantown to help the Red Sox get back in the race: Aug 20-22

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers are 14-46 on the road this year.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pirates are up 3-0 after 7 innings.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pittsburgh wins! Still hoping for Arizona but behind

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are adding a FA this year then unless you want to flip him the 7 year contract could easily happen. Might as well wait in my mind unless Seager is in play
sign a player with the plan to flip him at the trade deadline or the next of-season and 9 times out of 10 it absolutely fails and it just wastes a 40-man spot. if we're going to go with 2 or 3 FA's make it above average or better with good contracts and erase the term "flip" from the team vocabulary

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sign a player with the plan to flip him at the trade deadline or the next of-season and 9 times out of 10 it absolutely fails and it just wastes a 40-man spot. if we're going to go with 2 or 3 FA's make it above average or better with good contracts and erase the term "flip" from the team vocabulary
I don't think I can recall it being in their vocabulary. It is in some fans' vocabulary.

You can be successful at the practice if you sign the right guys, like Minor and Lynn.

Most of the Rangers signings over the last few years have been with cheapness in mind, more so than with flipping in mind.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I can recall it being in their vocabulary. It is in some fans' vocabulary.

You can be successful at the practice if you sign the right guys, like Minor and Lynn.

Most of the Rangers signings over the last few years have been with cheapness in mind, more so than with flipping in mind.
If I remember correctly neither Minor or Lynn were very highly rated FA’s and we got lucky. Like I said 90% of the time we get little or nothing in return and we wasted X number of roster spots for most if not all of the season

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure don’t want to waste a roster spot on a vet when a prospect is ready however....

If a prospect can play in the majors but can still use the development like Jung then don’t roster him just yet. So Holt was not a total waste so far
If a prospect could play but it is not ready for everyday in the majors maybe a placeholder is ok why make the prospect be a reserve
Some pitchers need their innings limited so maybe minors are the best.

To me, I do not mind if we have a guy like Culberson as a bench guy but maybe Hernandez is destined to be that utility guy if so that is good

It is still uncertain who are starting 5 pitchers who are going to be thus the tryouts ahead. Alexy is a legitimate candidate but it is likely not yet in April for a guy like Winn. We hope Howard can get it together. I would not be surprised if we sign a low end starter for a 2-3 year contract

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I remember correctly neither Minor or Lynn were very highly rated FA’s and we got lucky. Like I said 90% of the time we get little or nothing in return and we wasted X number of roster spots for most if not all of the season
Are you perhaps confusing this with JD trader skills? Ha I was on the Lynn bandwagon fro day one

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but they wern't considered trash or even bad. Like with not being able to negotiate correctly for Rendon, sometimes it is better to be lucky than good.

With Minor, Lynn and Gibson all having done well, I think it would be hard to call those all lucky.

I think we get little or nothing the majority of the time because they don't target free agents with the intention of trading them later. They just have been looking for cheap deals. I don't think flipping free agents is on their mind at all. I think it is some of us fans who come up with that idea.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scott Lucas on AJ Alexy last night:

AJ Alexy looked much like when I saw him in his AAA debut, which is to say, pretty good if not dazzling. He has four quality pitches, and of the 15 swinging strikes I recorded, the balance was nearly perfect: four fastballs, four changes, four curves, three sliders. In the previous game, hitters laid off his curve, which was usually employed as a first-pitch strike-stealer. Last night he varied its use somewhat, and opponents swung more often but to no avail. I was happy to see the curve miss a few bats and also to see some effective righty-righty changes. Alexy threw a first-pitch strike to 13 of 18 batters, important for a pitcher whose control can get away from him. In the last inning, his entire repertoire lost about two MPH, which didn't happen when I saw him before. It didn't affect his performance.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one pitcher who I didn't comment about last night was Nordlin pitching for Hickory.

Seth Nordlin: 5.1 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 BB, 5 SO, 3.70 ERA

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glenn Otto and Zac Kent potch tonight for Round Rock and Frisco.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wonder what is up. It doesn't sound good.