• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers Do Not Lose Series vs O's 6/30-7/3

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With it being 4 games I figured to say we win the series was pushing it so hoping for at least a split.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With it being 4 games I figured to say we win the series was pushing it so hoping for at least a split.
Split huh? Orioles not playing well and we playing better away. Who knows.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did not want to be greedy.

Only one game ahead of the Stros for last place now, better get on a winning streak. Seriously though after all the injuries I figured it wouldn't be long before we were overtaken for that spot. Houston may be 2 years away from being real tough and seriously competing for the division

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only one game ahead of the Stros for last place now, better get on a winning streak. Seriously though after all the injuries I figured it wouldn't be long before we were overtaken for that spot. Houston may be 2 years away from being real tough and seriously competing for the division

Their starting pitching is much improved lately.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With our putrid offense and only Soto returning to it, we can no longer hold them off. Just like today our starters can only do so much. All opposing pitchers have to do is pitch carefully to Beltre and Rios.

Hope JD gets an extra bat this off season and not just think if we only get healthy.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With our putrid offense and only Soto returning to it, we can no longer hold them off. Just like today our starters can only do so much. All opposing pitchers have to do is pitch carefully to Beltre and Rios.

Hope JD gets an extra bat this off season and not just think if we only get healthy.

The bat you are referring to would have to be the DH, right? There's no other spot to upgrade really. The spots for next year are kind of filled in-house already, even if EA or Rios get traded.

I know things change, but as of right now this seems to be the case.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bat you are referring to would have to be the DH, right? There's no other spot to upgrade really. The spots for next year are kind of filled in-house already, even if EA or Rios get traded.

I know things change, but as of right now this seems to be the case.
I would not be absolutely assured of complete health or what to expect from Fielder and Moreland. We are also hoping for better years from Martin, Profar/Odor and Elvis. Lot of variables there to be sure. If all we get is a pretty good fourth outfielder I'd be happy with that.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not be absolutely assured of complete health or what to expect from Fielder and Moreland. We are also hoping for better years from Martin, Profar/Odor and Elvis. Lot of variables there to be sure. If all we get is a pretty good fourth outfielder I'd be happy with that.

I wanted a DH before this year. I'll want one again next year.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the season, Soria has a 0.59 ERA for 15 1/2 innings and an opponents batting average of .075 for 53 at-bats when he enters in a save situation. In all other appearances, Soria has a 6.81 ERA for 121/3 innings and an opponents batting average of .275 for 51 at-bats.

The Rangers may not have to deal with Baltimore third baseman Manny Machado during their four-game series. Machado is awaiting a ruling on his appeal of a five-game suspension for throwing a bat on the field during a game against Oakland on June 8.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the season, Soria has a 0.59 ERA for 15 1/2 innings and an opponents batting average of .075 for 53 at-bats when he enters in a save situation. In all other appearances, Soria has a 6.81 ERA for 121/3 innings and an opponents batting average of .275 for 51 at-bats.

The Rangers may not have to deal with Baltimore third baseman Manny Machado during their four-game series. Machado is awaiting a ruling on his appeal of a five-game suspension for throwing a bat on the field during a game against Oakland on June 8.

A lot of closers seem to have issues when pitching in none save situations. I guess the adrenaline rush is different for them.

They sure are dragging that suspension out.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of closers seem to have issues when pitching in none save situations. I guess the adrenaline rush is different for them.

They sure are dragging that suspension out.

Re: the closer: Manager Ron Washington adamantly maintained Soria is not the type of closer who depends upon the adrenaline rush of save situations to be successful.

“He’s the ultimate professional,” Washington said. “You may have some guys who use that as a reason when things don’t go right, but to me it’s just an excuse.” But the numbers for Soria certainly don't support RW.

And you're right about the suspension. I thought there was a defined time period for these things to run there course. Am I wrong here? But, he definitely deserves to be suspended IMO regardless of when it starts. Love to watch this kid play and wish him well. But there's a price to be paid for acting out.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re: the closer: Manager Ron Washington adamantly maintained Soria is not the type of closer who depends upon the adrenaline rush of save situations to be successful.

“He’s the ultimate professional,” Washington said. “You may have some guys who use that as a reason when things don’t go right, but to me it’s just an excuse.” But the numbers for Soria certainly don't support RW.

And you're right about the suspension. I thought there was a defined time period for these things to run there course. Am I wrong here? But, he definitely deserves to be suspended IMO regardless of when it starts. Love to watch this kid play and wish him well. But there's a price to be paid for acting out.

He definitely should be suspended. I think the sticking point was the fact it was 5 games and some think that was excessive.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We already have a good 4th outfielder in Martin. Maybe he will turn into a descent lead off man, but if he plays full time the OF, which he plays very well, he needs a little pop around him. It appears that the Rangers need three hits an inning to score a run and on most nights they have a hard time doing that. Choo, Martin and Rios have 16 or 17 HR's between them. Nelson Cruz has 25 and therein lies a huge problem for this team.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We already have a DH. The problem is he's also playing LF.

So your then saying we need a LF. But I understand Justin not wanting Moreland as the DH since technically that's what he was and I didn't either. But you are correct in that Choo would be a better DH than LF.