• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers/Angels 5/11-5/13

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packed houses for all 3 games. Going to be exciting!
Here's hoping the game doesnt get rained out tonight and I get to go to the 1 game I still have tickets for. :nod:

And no... will not be booing CJ tonight when he initially takes the mound. He left b/c the Rangers quite frankly did not want him back. He deserves a round of applause (before the first pitch) for everything he did for the organization while he was here.

After the first pitch though... Game on.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers didn't want CJ back, and certainly not at his asking price. But in the major leagues, a lefty with good sink and good velocity isn't around every corner. Say what you will about his eccentricities, buy the man can throw a baseball (well, not so much in October) and other than Weaver is the best pitcher going for the Angels. The Rangers will have their hands full all night with CJ. Hope Darvish outshines him tonight.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Would not surprise me to see CJ hyped up over the start ... overspeed and high and wide. Darvish in our short sample looks to be the less emotional and pitches more from within himself.

Certainly Darvish knows what the matchup means ... but he's not going to have the chip on his shoulder ... he got the job that CJ chose to leave.

Advantage ... Darvish in my book.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggest game of the year so far, Darvish getting the W would mean a lot.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CJ didn't choose to leave the Rangers. The Rangers never even picked up the phone, never made a single offer. It would seem there was never any intention of resigning CJ Wilson.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
CJ didn't choose to leave the Rangers. The Rangers never even picked up the phone, never made a single offer. It would seem there was never any intention of resigning CJ Wilson.

You are mistaken my friend ...

They offered him arbitration ...

Texas Rangers offer C.J. Wilson salary arbitration - ESPN Dallas

And they met with his agent who said the meeting "was "great" and he added he was "pleasantly surprised."

2011 free agency -- C.J. Wilson's agent 'pleasantly surprised' by Texas Rangers - ESPN Dallas

Did you expect public announcement from either party in the middle of negotiations of the offers? Maybe ya'll out there in Disneyland do that when you sink your future with huge contracts ... but TEX FO is not inclined to give out such outlandish long term contracts.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No point in overpaying a 31 year old douche who chokes in the playoffs when there's a 25 year old Japanese phenom available.

1502tuley

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
watching Gina Miller interview Nolan. She's got some nice legs for an older lady.

Last edited by a moderator:

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I AM TORQUED @ MLB ... FREAKIN GAME IS BLACKED OUT!

Normally DIRECTV picks up TXA21's Fri game telecast but MLB blacks out the total TEX viewinig area which I think includes all of TEX, OK, LA, AR, and eastern NM. CRAP.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I AM TORQUED @ MLB ... FREAKIN GAME IS BLACKED OUT!

Normally DIRECTV picks up TXA21's Fri game telecast but MLB blacks out the total TEX viewinig area which I think includes all of TEX, OK, LA, AR, and eastern NM. CRAP.

vipbox.tv

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit Norbit got fucked up, hope he's okay he looks seriously hurt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looks alright, but damn he hit the ground like a ton of bricks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My stream is playing a Stoney LaRue concert during the delay, badass!!

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"ya'll out there in Disneyland..."

Let me try this one more time. I live in southern California, for work purposes only, and have never spent a single solitary second of my life rooting for the Angels. Born and raised in Texas until work moved me out West. Avid follower of Ranger baseball since 1977.

And to your point, CJ himself said the Rangers never made a single contract offer. I was wrong about them talking, but I believe correct about an offer never being made regarding a long term deal, just numbers being thrown around.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"ya'll out there in Disneyland..."

Let me try this one more time. I live in southern California, for work purposes only, and have never spent a single solitary second of my life rooting for the Angels. Born and raised in Texas until work moved me out West. Avid follower of Ranger baseball since 1977.

And to your point, CJ himself said the Rangers never made a single contract offer. I was wrong about them talking, but I believe correct about an offer never being made regarding a long term deal, just numbers being thrown around.

They never made a formal offer, and rightfully so.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CJ ain't coming back out..fuck you, Soscia