• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers and Odor visit Royals 06/18-06/20

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think Odor has no future value and Profar is limited to 2B? hyperbole much? Like said why not keep powder dry. I am hoping he is not beyond repair. Rangers collecting walks tells me a new approach is being preached
Where did I say that? Honestly, I don't know if he does or not. I certainly don't expect him to have a better career than Profar. I never have expected that.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just get the feeling that keeping your "powder dry" in your mind is to let things play out the way Rangers''s management orchestrates it and then proclaim that is the way it should have happened.

If they had made an announcement two days ago that Profar is the starting 2B for the rest of the year can you honestly say you would have come on here and said they just made a big mistake?

Do you not think I like Profar? Did I not say Odor needs more work? So does Profar albeit more growth not brand new approach? I just don't bash or quickly trash but you bash me as one that mindlessly toes the company line .

You don't know me well and are out of line sir

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did I say that? Honestly, I don't know if he does or not. I certainly don't expect him to have a better career than Profar. I never have expected that.

Well there lies the difference. The Rangers think Odor has future value. It is all about where you think it is best for Odor to get his ABs this year.

I am only trying to think a step ahead if trades to place

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Martin and Martin Perez are both throwing live batting practice today.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one said he didn't he said he had his chance and now his spot is lost (or should be), The open spot in this scenario is 2B, so thats where Profar goes, Beltre/IKF have 3B covered and Andrus has SS covered

Hyperbole all over the place

I think I am shooting pretty straight but of course that is my perspective. IKF Is quite capable and is likely a better defensive 3B than Profar. I am just wondering if they have plans for him to be the starting catcher

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you not think I like Profar? Did I not say Odor needs more work? So does Profar albeit more growth not brand new approach? I just don't bash or quickly trash but you bash me as one that mindlessly toes the company line .

You don't know me well and are out of line sir
Nothing personal. You see me as quick to bash. I see you as protective of management''s reputation.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was in Scott Lucas''s report this afternoon. This may or may not be a good decision, but it certainly lengthens the already lengthy process to develop a HS pitcher into a MLB pitcher.

Per Evan Grant, Texas's top-three drafted pitchers won't appear in the Arizona League this summer. Instead, Cole Winn (1), Owen White (2) and Mason Englert (4) will have strength assessments and enter a throwing program. If that holds, the top high-school pitcher assigned to a team will be 10th-round righty Leury Tejada.

This is very interesting. Is this the "driveline" approach being touted?

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing personal. You see me as quick to bash. I see you as protective of management''s reputation.

Yeah you probably owed me one or two. I don't doubt your Rangers passion and you are legit expert in Ranger info. Sorry

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I am shooting pretty straight but of course that is my perspective. IKF Is quite capable and is likely a better defensive 3B than Profar. I am just wondering if they have plans for him to be the starting catcher

I don't personally but they're doing their due diligence, but I think it certainly makes him incredibly valuable as the ultimate utility guy, even if he only ends up being the 3rd emergency catcher or allows you to play 2 catchers in the lineup at the same time (C & DH)

we'll know after tonight (I believe he's getting the start)

Could see a scenario where IKF plays 2B, SS, 3B and C each, once or twice a week

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there lies the difference. The Rangers think Odor has future value. It is all about where you think it is best for Odor to get his ABs this year.

I am only trying to think a step ahead if trades to place
I think the Rangers are not concerned with trade value as far as Odor is concerned because they see him as a huge part of the franchise for many years to come. I just don't agree with that assessment.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers will have the first battery in the history of the game where both members have hyphenated names.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah you probably owed me one or two. I don't doubt your Rangers passion and you are legit expert in Ranger info. Sorry
No apologies needed.

I realize there could very well be folks who agree with me on a number of sports related issues who I would not have much respect for due to their character. I also know some may disagree with me vehemently about those same issues who could be great people. I try to not toe together sports opinions with character. lol

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Rangers are not concerned with trade value as far as Odor is concerned because they see him as a huge part of the franchise for many years to come. I just don't agree with that assessment.

Hopefully he stops sucking ass because he’s a terrible player right now.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we'll know after tonight (I believe he's getting the start)

Could see a scenario where IKF plays 2B, SS, 3B and C each, once or twice a week

If he can be a very good starting catcher, then so be it. But if he's a back-up, then I'd much rather see him stay in the 'super utility mold' b/c he's exceptational at that, and this type of commodity is hard to find.

Seems like baseball as a whole, is moving toward this type of player as very desirable.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully he stops sucking ass because he’s a terrible player right now.

You just refuse to allow the facts to speak for themselves, and this my friend is why you catch so much grief, and so often here.

Odor is hitting above .260 over the past 25+ games, and that isn't terrible regardless of who we're talking about.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wouldn't it be terrific IF he could actually become a solid #3 for us over the next 6+ seasons. Honestly, at this point, I'm not so sure I wouldn't settle for a #4.