• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random Sunday Divisional Thread:1/15/12

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Yeah...it's not like Eli played them when they were 18-0 or anything.

I'm not trying to take anything from Eli but Peyton has had more playoff success up till this point to Eli. He's been 1 and done or not even make the playoffs besides 07 and this current run he's been on.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning is good, not great. If the 49ers play well they could win the game.

My comments are not related to next week. It was a general opinion about the Manning brothers, not the NFC Championship. I'm confident we can and will win.

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think this shows that with two of the top 3 offenses getting knocked out this week that you got to have a defense that makes plays to win come playoff time.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
couldn't have worked better for us...

GB offense had a bad day, WRs were dropping the ball and TOs at crucial moments...

POTG imo was the TD haul at the end of the first half.

Southern9er

Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Giants gonna be smelling revenge..."but yet"...the 9ers are are a totally different team with nearly a decade removed...and lots of garbage

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BEAT THE GIANTS! Can't believe we are hosting the NFC Championship....

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Think this shows that with two of the top 3 offenses getting knocked out this week that you got to have a defense that makes plays to win come playoff time.

yep, the trend to the passing offense is clear, but don't feel its trended all the way over yet? come play-off time, defenses need to be there and slow down these offenses. don't need an elite defense which we happen to have, but certainly a good one.

as far as big plays, think nowadays that assignment goes to the offense? even a Poorly ranked offense like ours, can make multiple big plays. did anyone have long, sustained drives?

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
couldn't have worked better for us...

GB offense had a bad day, WRs were dropping the ball and TOs at crucial moments...

POTG imo was the TD haul at the end of the first half.

Agreed...

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
if we didn't have excuses against the Saints, we certainly don't have any against the Giants. now the 'pressure' and expectations to win, fall on the 49ers.

no doubt the fans are already expecting a win, hopefully the players remain focused.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
btw - my feeling was even if we lost, totally happy with the season. just didn't want US to give it away......with say "five turnovers", and big penalties.

same now for next Sunday, don't make mistakes and force them to earn it.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We saw some incredibly horrible calls (or non-calls as it was) in tonights game - Here are some comments made by Goodell prior to the Baltimore game)

BALTIMORE -- Aiming to ensure that NFL rules are enforced the same way from game to game, the league will consider making about 10 officials full-time employees next season.

As of now, all game officials are part-time employees.

Responding to a question about consistency in officiating while speaking to a group of about 75 fans before Sunday's divisional playoff game between the Baltimore Ravens and Houston Texans, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said the proposal would bring a group of officials to the league offices in New York to help review game films and evaluate the calls.

The officials then would be spread out among the crews at games.

"Consistency is exactly what every club wants, and I think every fan wants. You want consistency in the way rules are applied," Goodell said. "We are contemplating this offseason taking some of those officials from the field who are now part time -- they have other jobs -- and making a certain number of them, let's say 10, full time."

Southern9er

Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Thats a signficant comment...much has been made about offenses this season in particular with Brees, Rodgers, and Stafford having tremendous and record breaking years...fact is all of them are OUT!

Giants, 9ers, Pats...all very well rounded complete teams, in my opinion

SeattleNinersFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thats a signficant comment...much has been made about offenses this season in particular with Brees, Rodgers, and Stafford having tremendous and record breaking years...fact is all of them are OUT!

Giants, 9ers, Pats...all very well rounded complete teams, in my opinion

The Pats don't have a defense, come on they played the Broncos.

The BRONCOS! :peep:

SeattleNinersFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Pats are in the bottom half of the league in most statistical categories, with the exception of turnover differential. Truth be told I don't really care about the Pats, I was mainly talking shit about how bad of an offense Denver has. I lived in Denver most of my childhood in the 70's and early 80's and I LOVE IT when they suck as bad as they do now! They have a D but their O is a joke.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the refs have more than made up for the Packers miscues... so that drops excuse won't fly with me.

Is it just me or isn't it that drops can only be accounted for when taking into account for QB's performance? I never saw the utility in using it as an excuse for the team. I mean, the receivers are part of the team and how part of the team functions has an effect on the team's level, right? However, huge drops can effect a QBs rating and perception greatly.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm saying that I am very surprised we won against the Saints. But no way we stand a chance. Look at what the Giants did at Lambeau field. No way we would've won.

So... you're saying there's a chance?

Ok. Just don't pull a NN and tell us later how you knew we were going to win. Sorry Ghost, but you do this every time. I vouched for you about Smith this year, but have to poke fun here. ;)

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predicted that if the Saints scored more than 20, no way the 9ers would've kept up with the Saints. But I'm very surprised Vernon Davis had a great game and very surprised his stone hands didn't show up. I'm saying the way the Giants are playing right now, with this well-coached team, I wouldn't be surprised if the 9ers lose.

Wouldn't be surprised if we lose is quite different than "no way we beat the Giants". Not trying to pick a fight, just want to know which one it is. Count us fully in or count us fully out.

No, I'm not questionning your fandom, just asking.