• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Sign Easley

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice move, 7th first rounder in the front 7 rotation lol. Solid buy low late in free agency.

Now about those safeties they were interviewing....

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe I suggested the Rams sign this guy when he was first released on the FA thread. It sure took the Rams to have Easley come to them before the signing. Blind squirrel moment I suppose. Maybe someone in Snead's office is reading the Rams board here on the SportsHoopla. I guess that is my own version of a fantasy.:lol:

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams’ interior pass rush gets even better with Dominique Easley signing: It came as something of a surprise when the New England Patriots released Easley, their first-round draft pick from 2014. The move was reportedly more due to off-field reasons than his play on the field, which makes sense given that, when healthy, Easley was a pretty good defensive lineman for New England. He had the 12th-highest grade among defensive tackles in 2015, playing just 275 snaps.

While he graded positively against the run, it was as a pass-rusher where he really made his mark. Rushing the passer on 210 of his 275 snaps, Easley had the highest pass-rushing productivity of any defensive tackle in the NFL at 12.9. With three sacks, eight hits and 24 hurries, not even new teammate Aaron Donald was as productive on a per-snap basis. That’s not to say he’s better than Donald, who was the best player in football last year, and dominated across a much higher sample size, but it’s an indication of how good Easley was in limited action.

The knock on Easley is that, at 6-foot-2 and 290 pounds, he’s considered undersized for his position. That was the same knock on Donald coming into the league, and was the same knock on Nick Fairley, who played in St. Louis with the Rams last year, and recently signed with the New Orleans Saints. Fairley played 427 snaps for the Rams last year, and that’s the kind of role that we can expect to see from Easley, with Donald and Michael Brockers seeing the bulk of the snaps in the interior of the Rams defensive line.

That’s the beauty of this signing for the Rams. They don’t need Easley to come in and be a superstar, they just need him to be productive as part of a defensive line rotation, and replace Fairley’s production.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm tippin the tall glass of "Kool aid of Hope" on this signing! :kermit: Where in the hells V-Mike?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes! The rotation of Donald, Easley, and Brockers is going to be a nightmare for opposing interior O-lineman. I bet Williams is planning to play all three putting either Donald or Easley at DE and rushing Quinn or Coples from the outside. Good grief, on paper that seems freaky bad-ass!!!

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm tippin the tall glass of "Kool aid of Hope" on this signing! :kermit: Where in the hells V-Mike?

No need for Kool-aid on this guy. He's a bad mother when healthy and isn't expected to play a lot of minutes.

Was a dam good gaytor

Last edited:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with retroram on this one zeke as he's stated something similar before. I'm not worried about Williams' side of the ball. The hope all needs to all go to Boras' side of the ball, but before we go sippin or tippin anything, let's not forget where that 'drinking the kool aide' phrase comes from...

:rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip:

:sad2:

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as they shore up the run defense we could be really good defensively

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with retroram on this one zeke as he's stated something similar before. I'm not worried about Williams' side of the ball. The hope all needs to all go to Boras' side of the ball, but before we go sippin or tippin anything, let's not forget where that 'drinking the kool aide' phrase comes from...

:rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip:

:sad2:

and where might that be?? :noidea:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and where might that be?? :noidea:
Jonestown.
The phrase derives from the November 1978 Jonestown deaths (909 souls) in which over 900 members of the Peoples Temple, who were followers of Jim Jones, died, many of whom committed suicide by drinking a mixture of a powdered soft drink flavoring agent laced with cyanide (with the remainder, including 89 infants and elderly, killed by forced ingestion of the poison)

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that it refers to holding an unquestioned belief but we can't forget about them folks.

Besides, if you go back and read that exchange I was talking about PAC defenses vs ALL conferences AND here was Junkie's role in the convo....

kool-aid-o.gif
SEC DEFENSES!!!!!!

:lol:

Dom will do well in the Williams front rotation.

Good signing!

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of SEC defenses.

Dominique Easley
Michael Brockers
Ogletree
Barron
Gaines
Roberson
Who else we got?

That's 4 first rounders on the Rams from SEC. How many Pac 12 honkers we got?

Jenkins he gawn

Last edited:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to sign Jarvis Jones who played the other OLB at Georgia when Tree was there.

Didn't Pittsburgh let him go? Or maybe they just didn't pick up his option.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of SEC defenses.

Dominique Easley
Michael Brockers
Ogletree
Barron
Gaines
Roberson
Who else we got?

That's 4 first rounders on the Rams from SEC. How many Pac 12 honkers we got?

Jenkins he gawn
Hey SJ, show me where I EVER said PAC defense > SEC defenses? :L