• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams fans- (poll)

What will be your move?

• Stick with the Rams

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Pick another team

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Not have a favorite team for now

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (specify in thread)

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went from a Colts fan to a Colts hater in one night... Maybe people are more mature today but if a team leaves your city why should you continue to be supportive of them? After all they really didn't think that highly of you and your city.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take it by that statement, that You haven't travelled much yet lol

I've probably been more places in the last two months than you have in your lifetime. Not saying that to brag, but it's reality, I'm always traveling for my job.

I love California as a whole, the state is great. I just can't stand Los Angeles. Are there some good parts in it? Duh. I just don't like it as a whole. It's filthy, unorganized, way too crowded, awful traffic jams, I feel like I'm eating pollution as I walk down the streets, it's just not for me.

Oh, and it has the worst fans in the world living there.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh?? Are you drinking tonight.
I know you're not a Cardinals baseball fan but I saw a lot of them rooting for KC in the WS last year. I'm not from Missouri but I didn't get the impression that they were bitter rivals.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've probably been more places in the last two months than you have in your lifetime. Not saying that to brag, but it's reality, I'm always traveling for my job.

I love California as a whole, the state is great. I just can't stand Los Angeles. Are there some good parts in it? Duh. I just don't like it as a whole. It's filthy, unorganized, way too crowded, awful traffic jams, I feel like I'm eating pollution as I walk down the streets, it's just not for me.

Oh, and it has the worst fans in the world living there.
First of all, I have driven close to 50,000 miles a year for the last 21 years straight and have driven through and toured close to 21 states and I have been to Europe, so you really don't know what you're talking about. There are plenty of cities much worse then Los Angeles. Now that might not be saying a lot, but Los Angeles has some pretty nice areas to shop and live in. You couldn't pay me to live in Los Angeles, but you could do a lot worse and New York has areas much worse then Los Angeles.

Second of all, I've been more than a few times that the Dallas fans aren't the greatest. Hollyweird supports these teams in a big way with some big money, but if you're in Arizona, it's not bad until you get close to the Mexican boarder and some of those areas can be considerably worse and more dangerous than living in Los Angeles. As I said, if you think Los Angeles is the worst, you haven't travelled that much.

Again, I'm not saying I would want to live in either. I live 50 miles out of Los Angeles and would even live in one of the suburbs and will go rural when I retire

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, I have driven close to 50,000 miles a year for the last 21 years straight and have driven through and toured close to 21 states and I have been to Europe, so you really don't know what you're talking about. There are plenty of cities much worse then Los Angeles. Now that might not be saying a lot, but Los Angeles has some pretty nice areas to shop and live in. You couldn't pay me to live in Los Angeles, but you could do a lot worse and New York has areas much worse then Los Angeles.

Second of all, I've been more than a few times that the Dallas fans aren't the greatest. Hollyweird supports these teams in a big way with some big money, but if you're in Arizona, it's not bad until you get close to the Mexican boarder and some of those areas can be considerably worse and more dangerous than living in Los Angeles. As I said, if you think Los Angeles is the worst, you haven't travelled that much.

Again, I'm not saying I would want to live in either. I live 50 miles out of Los Angeles and would even live in one of the suburbs and will go rural when I retire

I think I've seen you while travelling.

lady-on-a-bike.jpg

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you're not a Cardinals baseball fan but I saw a lot of them rooting for KC in the WS last year. I'm not from Missouri but I didn't get the impression that they were bitter rivals.
I don't know either. I just know this is not a baseball thread.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh..thats complicated.

For starters, if the Royals had Stan Kroenke as an owner 5 years ago and moved the team to London or something silly, you'd hear the same things about KC thats being said about STL. KC isnt a baseball town. KC never won anything and everyone just follows the Chiefs or the Jayhawks or Wildcats. You could go to the K and hear echoes not 3 years back. The state was like 80% Cardinals fans outside of KC *but* the fans that were there before the bandwagon took off generally hate the Cardinals because everyone else was a Cardinals fan. Its very much a Clippers/Lakers dynamic. Or it WAS. Royals have a pretty strong fanbase now obviously. Its a lot less like Royals fans are in an occupied country and now more of a 'hey, lots of people like baseball around here'

You have two more factors: the 85 world series and the yearly interleague games.

I would rank the Royals as the Cardinals 2nd biggest rival but they aren't hated as much as the Reds and the games dont have nearly the weight that Pirates games have. The Royals have been in the World Series 2 years in a row with 1 win and the Cardinals have made the playoffs something like 12 of the past 16 years. The edge on the 85 series has worn off a little bit.

The majority of the state in between KC and STL has historically been Chiefs and Cardinals fans.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point went right over your head but ok.
Hey, I'm an old man I'm sure quite a bit of stuff that is said on Sportshoopla, goes right over my head.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate it when teams move in cities they are thriving ... The Cardinals, Rams, Raiders, Colts, Browns/Ravens, etc... St. Louis will get another team "Root for them". It's the only thing I've been proud of the Lion's for, they have stayed in Detroit. And they also have the most gullible/delusional fans (me).