• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Racing back @ Rockingham!

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NASCAR engines again roar at The Rock | www.thatsracin.com

"It's just a test.

But for NASCAR and the Sandhills region of North Carolina it signifies much more.

For the first time since 2004, drivers from one of NASCAR's three national series made laps around Rockingham Speedway in preparation for an upcoming race.

Three NASCAR Truck series teams took part in a Goodyear tire test on Tuesday in preparation for the inaugural Good Sam 200 on April 15. The two-day test concludes on Wednesday."

Read more here: NASCAR engines again roar at The Rock | www.thatsracin.com

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rock is a great track. If it wasn't in the middle of no where, I bet money they would still be racing there.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The track, then called N.C. Speedway, was sold in 2004 by International Speedway Corp. to SMI as part of a complicated deal that eventually saw Rockingham's last Cup date added to Texas Motor Speedway"

That is the biggest part. NASCAR and ISC are butt buddies. That is why Iowa has issues getting a Cup race. Correct me if I am wrong on that.

BigBlueNation111

Let The Games Begin!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The track, then called N.C. Speedway, was sold in 2004 by International Speedway Corp. to SMI as part of a complicated deal that eventually saw Rockingham's last Cup date added to Texas Motor Speedway"

That is the biggest part. NASCAR and ISC are butt buddies. That is why Iowa has issues getting a Cup race. Correct me if I am wrong on that.

NOO correction here bud,you chew "Big Red"! :peace2: