• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Question about "The Hoop" from a Sooner perspective

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Guys,

Only been on this site a short while and mostly just lurk and read but had opportunity to post a few replies on the college football general discussion section. And that is where I discovered that "Team SEC" is alive and well and thriving on this board. Is there no one that is a fan of a team from that conference that you can have an intelligent debate with? Or is this site the same as CBS and ESPN where all the folks take what Jesse Palmer ( oh he has no agenda, Damn UF shill!) says as the gospel? I really want to know is there good football talk here or just a bunch of SEC, SEC, SEC chanting when there team is Miss ST or Kentucky that hasn't won anything in 100 years? If so I think I will keep my comments to the Oklahoma section of the site.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really see the TeamSEC thing coming out very often here, like it was on espn.
The Alabama fucks pretty much dismiss anything and everything that doesn't worship them, so that keeps the pot stirred up for the most part.

get in there a mix it up with them. if they are a "teamSEC" guy, their team usually sucks ass. so go for it.

Last edited by a moderator:

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is some football talk, but it depends on the issue. In the off season there really isn't much in depth stuff to discuss. Once games start or certain football topic come up you may see more variety. So you might give it a try posting stuff on topic that you want to talk about and if it continually get's turning into an SEC love fest, there is your answer.

But yeah, there is a lot of SEC hype. I swear you question one bean you got the whole burrito to deal with. Was there a lot of SEC Lovefest at CBS? There was some here before, and it wasn't really bad. Pretty much just the bandwagon guys.

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can tell you this if a lot of the CBS guys made it over here there will be a tons of trolling when the Sooners lose a game.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
trolling of team boards is not allowed here sir so you won't have to worry, it shouldn't be an issue as we've been making it clear to people

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ Team Butthurt!
LOL @ McDonald's being considered "gourmet" in Oklahoma!
LOL @ whatever else I'm supposed to LOL at! (I've forgotten, haven't seen stevie in a while)

SoonerAlum

Oklahoman By Choice
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was there a lot of SEC Lovefest at CBS? There was some here before, and it wasn't really bad. Pretty much just the bandwagon guys.

Once CBS signed their SEC deal and most of their articles took a pro-SEC slant, the TeamSEC homertrolls were, at times, hard to deal with. There were many that were honest, awesome fans with whom you could carry on a good football conversation, disagreeing respectfully. But there were a few (power, masterbaiter, DB3, etc) who were the worst knee-jerk reactionaries. Anything that even sniffed of anti-SEC was sure to get slammed. It always kind of amazed me that one anti-SEC post, buried on the Sooner board, would get 20 responses by SEC fans. How did they find it? Why did they care? Ah, the mysteries of life.