• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

QB Rating Tonight

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if the oline is going to continue to be a problem then you need to go with the more mobile QB who makes better decisions.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
But if the oline is going to continue to be a problem then you need to go with the more mobile QB who makes better decisions.

Exactly, he's better suited to withstand the constant pressure we'll be facing. The Panthers (Who I realize are a bad model to follow) are doing the same thing. Newton hasn't shown that he's a better QB than Clausen, but he has shown that he can escape the pocket when need be to make a negative play into a positive one.

ViperVisor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The 11 spread quarterbacks had a slightly higher passer rating in the NFL than the non-spread quarterbacks. They also had a higher completion percentage and winning percentage.

It is reasonable to believe the players who ran the spread in college would struggle in their first year in the league. Again, that is not the case. Of the quarterbacks drafted in the first two rounds since 2005, 11 of them took 150 or more snaps in their rookie seasons. Of those players, the spread quarterbacks started fewer games but had a higher completion percentage and TD-to-INT ratio. However, the spread quarterbacks were sacked at a higher rate, which could point to an inability to read defenses and make decisions as efficiently.

NFL draft 2011: The truth about spread offenses and young QBs - ESPN

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It's one of those rare years I have hope for this team. I just want to know what Alex Smith brings to the team that CK does not, cause I can name two things CK holds over AS: Pocket awareness and escapablility.

The issue to me is not who gives us a better chance to win this year, but what will help Kaepernick develop. I don't want him to develop bad habits by playing scared all the time behind our OL.

As bad as as the QBs were, the OL was just awful. Maybe the worst I've ever seen them. There was literally no time to throw on more than half of Smith's plays. Kaepernick also couldn't make anything happen unless he fled the pocket. Regardless of who is at QB, if we don't get better play from the OL - and I mean MUCH better play - it's going to be an awful year. I'm absolutely shocked at how much they regressed in the space of one week.

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would also like to see some more development or maybe a scheme or two to excell at or go to when needed on both sides of the ball. I know that our offensive plays are near top secret but it would be nice to see a few effective plays besides Hunter and or hopefully Gore taking the ball to the house! Go 49ers!!