• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Qatar Total Open:

simtast204

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there's hope for Venus! It's usually painful watching her these days, but she played well today! She is on to the 2nd round, beating Martic 6-2 6-2. Petrova was sent home!

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there's hope for Venus! It's usually painful watching her these days, but she played well today! She is on to the 2nd round, beating Martic 6-2 6-2. Petrova was sent home!

Sorry, but Venus was beaten by Petra Kvitova today. Petra beat her 6-2;2-6;7-6(7) Her record has been spotty since she was diagnosed with the debilitating disease and some of us who has always admired her wish she could just pack it in. The stamina is just not there.

simtast204

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, but Venus was beaten by Petra Kvitova today. Petra beat her 6-2;2-6;7-6(7) Her record has been spotty since she was diagnosed with the debilitating disease and some of us who has always admired her wish she could just pack it in. The stamina is just not there.

I was heart broken too, but she is showing some life....she did give Petra a run for her money. She and Serena are playing again next week at Dubai, she will get better with more plays...atleast I hope so!

Happy Li Na lost today, she is getting too close to Serena!

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was heart broken too, but she is showing some life....she did give Petra a run for her money. She and Serena are playing again next week at Dubai, she will get better with more plays...atleast I hope so!

She is not going to get any closer. But what the hell is wrong with Agneiska Radwanska? She allowed the 10th-ranked Halep to shellack her in the semis? For the life of me, I can't figure out Aggie; she is more a headcase in the mold of the Russians. Unbelievable.

simtast204

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She is not going to get any closer. But what the hell is wrong with Agneiska Radwanska? She allowed the 10th-ranked Halep to shellack her in the semis? For the life of me, I can't figure out Aggie; she is more a headcase in the mold of the Russians. Unbelievable.

Aggy seems stuck in the middle of no where! I must admit, Halep is on a roll!

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Halep is very good. She is only 10th because she is still working her way up the board. In reality she is a borderline top 5 player.

Aggie is also playing through a shoulder injury and a leg (or foot? I forget) injury. It is why she had nothing left in AO at the end too. I would expect her to run out of gas in the semis in most tournaments going forward until she heals up or takes some time off.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Halep is very good. She is only 10th because she is still working her way up the board. In reality she is a borderline top 5 player.

Aggie is also playing through a shoulder injury and a leg (or foot? I forget) injury. It is why she had nothing left in AO at the end too. I would expect her to run out of gas in the semis in most tournaments going forward until she heals up or takes some time off.

She used to be so much better. :doh:

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Old Lion, that is because I want Aggie to do so well. I have wanted her to win at least one slam to prove that someone as technically good in tennis and superior to many players in the thinking department a la strategies has not been able to win a slam. I attribute it more to mental attitude than anything else including injuries.

I agree Halep has improved tremendously. But she nearly lost in the first round against Kainepi and I expected Aggie to do much better against her.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Old Lion, that is because I want Aggie to do so well. I have wanted her to win at least one slam to prove that someone as technically good in tennis and superior to many players in the thinking department a la strategies has not been able to win a slam. I attribute it more to mental attitude than anything else including injuries.

I agree Halep has improved tremendously. But she nearly lost in the first round against Kainepi and I expected Aggie to do much better against her.

It will be tough on the womens side. There are women who are the size of men playing and that is tough to overcome such a huge power mismatch for the smaller women.

On the mens side Federer did it for a long time. He is a scrawny guy but was able to overcome it because he still possessed enough speed to do that and had some power himself.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be tough on the womens side. There are women who are the size of men playing and that is tough to overcome such a huge power mismatch for the smaller women.

On the mens side Federer did it for a long time. He is a scrawny guy but was able to overcome it because he still possessed enough speed to do that and had some power himself.

Fair enough. But how come the pint-sized Justine Henin (listed as 5' 5'') was able to beat the same "big babes of tennis" term coined by Mary Carillo but you consider Aggie's task as tough to overcome? Justine beat Lindsay Davenport, Amelia Mauresimo, Serena Williams, Venus Williams, Dinara Safina etc. and won 7 GS? Aggie is 5'8".

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. But how come the pint-sized Justine Henin (listed as 5' 5'') was able to beat the same "big babes of tennis" term coined by Mary Carillo but you consider Aggie's task as tough to overcome? Justine beat Lindsay Davenport, Amelia Mauresimo, Serena Williams, Venus Williams, Dinara Safina etc. and won 7 GS? Aggie is 5'8".

I think she was one of the few that had the raw speed to do it. The one handed backhand she hit was tough to read as well and gave her more range.

Maybe another comes along, but you don't find nearly as many on the womens side with that kind of speed as you do on the mens side. Heck, even JC Ferrero was number 1 for a short time. Look at how long Hewitt was on top. I am just saying it is more common for men to have that type of speed than it is for women. Wider hips make it difficult to run fast. Just physics I guess.

RJD11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Close to Serena?

Ree still has nearly 6000 pt lead

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'Ree'

tumblr_inline_mrjt7dZkdb1qz4rgp.gif