• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Purdue @ #8 Nebraska

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I think we need to run right at Wisconsin. Right at Watt IMO. Wear that motherfucker out. With newby zigbo and wilbon. Then play action to westy on deep routes. Carter and DPE on slants. Just how I'd call the game

52-7

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also I think Lewis and Greg Johnson are going to commit. Lol 52-0

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Kirk does Tosu belong in the top ten?.... Are they a top ten team?? Lmao!

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought this game was the worst of the season for the O-Line. The injuries were so obvious. I can't believe that the guys riding the pine couldn't have done even a little better job than Gates did.
I'm all for the kid playing his heart out, but you have to be able to move. Not the best thing for the team if you can't.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought this game was the worst of the season for the O-Line. The injuries were so obvious. I can't believe that the guys riding the pine couldn't have done even a little better job than Gates did.
I'm all for the kid playing his heart out, but you have to be able to move. Not the best thing for the team if you can't.

52-0 next week tho

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never thought too much of the score last week but they brought it up in the final minutes of the 4th today, the only relevant thing they said as it were

@Indiana 27-22
Purdue 27-14

What's going on here
Things always happen for a reason. 27

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't wanna be 'that guy' but i kind of wonder if Drew shanked that last kick on purpose to keep our score at 27..

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't wanna be 'that guy' but i kind of wonder if Drew shanked that last kick on purpose to keep our score at 27..

hmmmmmmmmmmm..... I admire the tinfoil hat though.

Doubt it. Sam Foltz would have said, "You play to win."

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmmmmmmmmmmm..... I admire the tinfoil hat though.

Doubt it. Sam Foltz would have said, "You play to win."

yeah I hope not, the "sam's looking down" story and opponents giving us jerseys in their color (???) thing is just getting past it's run

Loved Sam, and feel for the tragedy, but at some point too much is too much

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah I hope not, the "sam's looking down" story and opponents giving us jerseys in their color (???) thing is just getting past it's run

Loved Sam, and feel for the tragedy, but at some point too much is too much

I think it is a great expression of sportsmanship and compassion. It will continue until the end of the season.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every Big team we've played so far has given them a 27 Foltz jersey, Northwestern wore a 27 helmet sticker in honor, every OC team made a tribute as well. Wisconsins kicker switched his own number to 27 for the year. Respect

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted this in the wrong thread so deleted it and reposting here.
To CT has every team given a jersey? I know they've all worn helmet stickers, Oregon laid flowers and I think Wisconsin's kicker wore 27 but I thought Illinois was the first team to give a jersey.

Anyway here are my thoughts on it below.

i think I kind of get where skool is coming from. Against Fresno State it was heartbreaking and when Fresno State declined the penalty it topped off a classy way of memorializing Sam Folz.
Then Oregon with the flowers on the 27 yard line. That was a unique innovative way to say we've thought about this and we really want to show our respect.
Now the shirt, no disrespect, but they're kind of like the teams that took the jack touchdown and did it themselves. Yeah it shows respect but are you just doing it because you thought it was a good idea and want to do something too?
This year is dedicated to Sam and it will continue but it just is not the same as the missing man. the flowers or his team bring his jersey out every Saturday. And again no disrespect to bringing a shirt with his number in your colors, thanks for the thought but he has a jersey thanks, the helmet stickers are enough.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if a time is going to make a gesture it should be unique. Like what HuskerInSec said. If you want to be thoughtful dont just copy the last guy out of obligation and lack of inspiration, could be as simple as taking a knee every time you cross the 27 during warm up could be just taking a moment of silence at the 27 during warm up lots of ways to show respect without seeming thoughtless. Great we have some jerseys from teams with Sams number on it. The Illinois one is the only one that matters as they made the gesture first. Its like getting a Mt Dew, then someone gives you hy-vee brand "mountain lightning" or whatever they call it.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted this in the wrong thread so deleted it and reposting here.
To CT has every team given a jersey? I know they've all worn helmet stickers, Oregon laid flowers and I think Wisconsin's kicker wore 27 but I thought Illinois was the first team to give a jersey.

Anyway here are my thoughts on it below.

i think I kind of get where skool is coming from. Against Fresno State it was heartbreaking and when Fresno State declined the penalty it topped off a classy way of memorializing Sam Folz.
Then Oregon with the flowers on the 27 yard line. That was a unique innovative way to say we've thought about this and we really want to show our respect.
Now the shirt, no disrespect, but they're kind of like the teams that took the jack touchdown and did it themselves. Yeah it shows respect but are you just doing it because you thought it was a good idea and want to do something too?
This year is dedicated to Sam and it will continue but it just is not the same as the missing man. the flowers or his team bring his jersey out every Saturday. And again no disrespect to bringing a shirt with his number in your colors, thanks for the thought but he has a jersey thanks, the helmet stickers are enough.
I thought Indiana did something, anyhow they paid tribute by getting beat by 27 points

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They might have. I don't know. A couple of teams have done the shirt in their colors. Not sure which.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand the jersey thing at all, Sam was a Husker
Sam was a husker. But he was also a college football player. Those making jerseys seem, to me anyway, to be saying "you are one of us."