• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Puig scratched for being late to practice...Kemp's taking his place

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn... I was stashing Kemp on my fantasy DL...

I was thinking LA was doing the same, unitl another OF went down. Now it sounds they are going to platoon these guys.... and I'll have to activate him soon...

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for Puig... How much does a personal assistant cost? Someone can't wake his ass up??

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for Puig... How much does a personal assistant cost? Someone can't wake his ass up??

The fact that there is not sombody doing this kind of job already is disturbing to me. He has problems and issues. But, he is too talented to just throw away. So, you back up your investment in the guy by also investing in a nanny/bodyguard/chef/ personal trainer or assistant to be with him and live with him 24/7.

It would be a sound investment in my mind.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that there is not sombody doing this kind of job already is disturbing to me. He has problems and issues. But, he is too talented to just throw away. So, you back up your investment in the guy by also investing in a nanny/bodyguard/chef/ personal trainer or assistant to be with him and live with him 24/7.

Yeah that is surprising. Considering you in LA and all too. Seems like thats a good market to find some good "people" While their at it, they can make sure he doesn't start tweeting stupid stuff, make sure he's not photographed out before a big game. general baby sitting duties.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, shouldn't Puig be mature enough to handle those things himself, or, with all the money he is being paid, shouldn't he at least be able to hire his own baby sitter? Why should the Dodgers pay for that, too?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, if I were Puig, I wouldn't want management to send someone to take care of me and spy on me 24/7. Would you?

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, if I were Puig, I wouldn't want management to send someone to take care of me and spy on me 24/7. Would you?

With great power errr, ahh big ass contract.... Comes great responsibility....

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at least he didn't take a paternity leave, unlike that lazy bastard Daniel Murphy.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that is surprising. Considering you in LA and all too. Seems like thats a good market to find some good "people" While their at it, they can make sure he doesn't start tweeting stupid stuff, make sure he's not photographed out before a big game. general baby sitting duties.

I have not lived in the L.A area for 30 years, so......?

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, shouldn't Puig be mature enough to handle those things himself, or, with all the money he is being paid, shouldn't he at least be able to hire his own baby sitter? Why should the Dodgers pay for that, too?

Should he be mature enough? I'm not sure. I did some stupid things in my early 20's. Should he be more mature than he has shown? You bet. Should all that $$ help him be on the straight and narrow? Of course.

BUT,

As he has shown he has troubles in these areas, I think it would be a wise investment by the Dodgers to pay for someone to watch over him.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of course not. And, he has the power to prevent it from happening. Just as his action now show that he should be watched over.

If we are getting down to him getting babyed and getting special treatment, then, well DUH! Funny how the rich/powerful/famous tend to get that. It's life, and I try my best to accept it.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course not. And, he has the power to prevent it from happening. Just as his action now show that he should be watched over.

If we are getting down to him getting babyed and getting special treatment, then, well DUH! Funny how the rich/powerful/famous tend to get that. It's life, and I try my best to accept it.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is a rule in the CBA that prevents a team from sending someone to monitor a player 24/7.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They pretty much already know where these guys are at during the season. It would be a bit much to force a player to have a team-designated roommate/baby sitter around him 24/7. Should the Dodgers file for a conservatorship over Puig in the LA County courthouse?

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be surprised if there is a rule in the CBA that prevents a team from sending someone to monitor a player 24/7.

Possibly. I do know however there is already a standing precedent about allowing people to monitor others, as Josh Hamilton had a babysitter pretty much his entire time in Texas.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They pretty much already know where these guys are at during the season. It would be a bit much to force a player to have a team-designated roommate/baby sitter around him 24/7. Should the Dodgers file for a conservatorship over Puig in the LA County courthouse?

Funny about the conservatorship.....

All I know is, is that is can be a very smart investment in spending money to make sure all goes well with a high priced investment.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand with a guy like Josh Hamilton because his problems with drug and alcohol. I haven't heard anything like that about Puig. If Puig is okay having a team babysitter, then that's cool, but if I were the Dodgers, I would hope that disciplinary actions like the one they used today will get him to mature.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand with a guy like Josh Hamilton because his problems with drug and alcohol. I haven't heard anything like that about Puig. If Puig is okay having a team babysitter, then that's cool, but if I were the Dodgers, I would hope that disciplinary actions like the one they used today will get him to mature.

Once again, of course on the discipline thing. However, in my mind, he has already had a handful of incidents that should have prompted him to better behavior, and none have worked so far.

Which leads me to the idea I have now. It is miles from ideal, but it would at least be very pro-active in trying to find a formula or resolution that works.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I see that the Dodgers are getting tore up today, I also see that each OF guy today has at least one hit. As such, and only in direct effect today, this is turning into much ado about nothing.