• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Puig is a POS

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't even know if that's how ya spell that douche bags name but you all know who I'm talking about. Next yr this time - at the latest - we'll be talking about where he's gonna be traded. I'll bet my life on it. He'll be moved from one team to the next for as long as he can hang around. The guy is a fuckin idiot and he's act is wearing thin in LA. I wouldn't take him for anyone becuz he isn't gonna change and he doesn't do enough to justify putting up with his antics. Pujols of all people humiliated that clown last nite. I'd love to see my man Billy Martin get ahold of this punk for one game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seem to be an angry lil fella.

Grue

Member's Only Jacket
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Pujols tagged up on a near meaningless fly ball and it's this huge media deal about teaching a younger player about the game. But Pujols was widely criticized in St. Louis for failing to run out ground or fly balls. He was often so gimpy that he wouldn't move from the plate on an easy out. It was a heads up play by AP, but he's hardly the "Charlie Hustle" role model.

Puig screwed up this play. Albert isn't some stellar example of the purity of the game teaching a lesson like the writers are making this out to be. To me, this is the equivalent of a fat DLineman falling on QB's fumble in the endzone.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Pujols tagged up on a near meaningless fly ball and it's this huge media deal about teaching a younger player about the game. But Pujols was widely criticized in St. Louis for failing to run out ground or fly balls. He was often so gimpy that he wouldn't move from the plate on an easy out. It was a heads up play by AP, but he's hardly the "Charlie Hustle" role model.

Puig screwed up this play. Albert isn't some stellar example of the purity of the game teaching a lesson like the writers are making this out to be. To me, this is the equivalent of a fat DLineman falling on QB's fumble in the endzone.

you'll notice I said "pujols of all people" . I'm no Pujols fan so don't misinterpret where I'm coming from. Further , this is no isolated incident from this douche'. He's an idiot and well established dog who's going to run himself out of one town after another. Wait and see , he isn't good enough for all the bullshit he brings everyday. It's endless with this guy and he clearly isn't smart enough to realize what he's doing. He'll figure it out soon enough becuz he will find eventually no one wants to put up with him

Grue

Member's Only Jacket
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you'll notice I said "pujols of all people" . I'm no Pujols fan so don't misinterpret where I'm coming from. Further , this is no isolated incident from this douche'. He's an idiot and well established dog who's going to run himself out of one town after another. Wait and see , he isn't good enough for all the bullshit he brings everyday. It's endless with this guy and he clearly isn't smart enough to realize what he's doing. He'll figure it out soon enough becuz he will find eventually no one wants to put up with him

No worries. I didn't misinterpret your post. I just wanted to make sure AP got his fair share of flak; and AP setting some example of "hustle" is ridiculously hypocritical. The media is painting an odd picture here.

I'm not an AP hater at all. He's somewhere in the GOAT discussions. He's just also known to be lazy and cocky (much like Puig) on a lot of plays.

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a piece of shit because Albert Pujols ran on him?

:noidea:

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No worries. I didn't misinterpret your post. I just wanted to make sure AP got his fair share of flak; and AP setting some example of "hustle" is ridiculously hypocritical. The media is painting an odd picture here.

I'm not an AP hater at all. He's somewhere in the GOAT discussions. He's just also known to be lazy and cocky (much like Puig) on a lot of plays.

very true , and I'm no pujols fan myself. I found it hilarious that a guy can get tooled by someone like pujols who's a dog himself

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been like this since day 1. Complete tool... dude just tries to start trouble. And his laziness/cocky attitude in the OF won't sit well with any manager. Add that up with his horrible baserunning and I agree.. not only is he a POS, but he's overrated. Big time.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been like this since day 1. Complete tool... dude just tries to start trouble. And his laziness/cocky attitude in the OF won't sit well with any manager. Add that up with his horrible baserunning and I agree.. not only is he a POS, but he's overrated. Big time.

How? He's batted .319/.397/.540 (163 OPS+) in over 200 games in the majors, and he's only 23. He put up 4.9 WAR (which is All-Star territory) last year despite just playing 104 games. This year, he's at 4.1 through 103 games. His defense seems to have gotten worse, if you want to believe defensive metrics are reliable in a 2/3 season sample size. But even then, his bat's actually gotten better. It's pretty safe to say at this point he's one of the best hitters in the league.

After his hot start last year, many people suggested he would fall off a la Jeff Francoeur. But people were too stupid to realize that unlike Frenchy, Puig can actually take some pitches and draw walks. His base running is pretty bad, but I don't see how it can't improve.

He's a douche, but this is just ridiculous.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unfortunately, I have to agree. And don't think the act isn't dangerously thin with Donnie Baseball. I keep thinking it's going to come down to Puig or Donnie and we all know who wins that one. I can't think Puig's antics are cool with Magic either. If Magic and Kareem had some kid come breezing into the team with that shit, they'd have carried the prick out on a stretcher.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How? He's batted .319/.397/.540 (163 OPS+) in over 200 games in the majors, and he's only 23. He put up 4.9 WAR (which is All-Star territory) last year despite just playing 104 games. This year, he's at 4.1 through 103 games. His defense seems to have gotten worse, if you want to believe defensive metrics are reliable in a 2/3 season sample size. But even then, his bat's actually gotten better. It's pretty safe to say at this point he's one of the best hitters in the league.

After his hot start last year, many people suggested he would fall off a la Jeff Francoeur. But people were too stupid to realize that unlike Frenchy, Puig can actually take some pitches and draw walks. His base running is pretty bad, but I don't see how it can't improve.

He's a douche, but this is just ridiculous.

Overrated might not be accurate but it's close. The production no longer justifies the antics. How about that?

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overrated might not be accurate but it's close. The production no longer justifies the antics. How about that?

I don't know if I'd go that far, but I'd definitely be frustrated if he played for my team.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Added video to OP.

Will Pujols be so arrogant when Tony Bosch stops talking (whenever that is)?

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's got a 163 OPS+ and .319 AVG since coming up...how many guys have performed better than him in that stretch? Maybe 2-3 at most?