• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PSW3: @Greenbay King 5 Saturday at 10/1

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, the third pre-season game was nothing much more than giving a bunch of on the cut bubble guys another look in game situations to see if they can maybe flash something to keep them around for depth. And giving some other backups reps. Like you guys say, no way to know exactly what the D will be until the starters get playing. Even then, it's more important to me that they just improve game to game and be playing their best when thanksgiving rolls around. I'm not the least bit worried about the offense. Every position group on that side looks solid to me.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, the third pre-season game was nothing much more than giving a bunch of on the cut bubble guys another look in game situations to see if they can maybe flash something to keep them around for depth. And giving some other backups reps. Like you guys say, no way to know exactly what the D will be until the starters get playing. Even then, it's more important to me that they just improve game to game and be playing their best when thanksgiving rolls around. I'm not the least bit worried about the offense. Every position group on that side looks solid to me.
Yeah, the offense is certainly capable of keeping the train on the tracks while the D works into things. And totally agree about how the team used the final fake game. Rhattigan and Bobo seemed to help themselves quite a bit.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is why I was shocked that Jackson got so much playing time. He might have been sitting on that bubble and it would make sense. He has been pretty awful this preseason and even Dave Wyman was talking about how Jackson just isn't very good.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I was shocked that Jackson got so much playing time. He might have been sitting on that bubble and it would make sense. He has been pretty awful this preseason and even Dave Wyman was talking about how Jackson just isn't very good.
I think Pete likes Jackson and really wanted to give him a shot. PC sometimes has a soft spot for guys like him. He didn't get cut so will be a depth piece. Not really a surprise because he knows the system and can step in when needed. I don't think he's really bad, just inconsistent.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Pete likes Jackson and really wanted to give him a shot. PC sometimes has a soft spot for guys like him. He didn't get cut so will be a depth piece. Not really a surprise because he knows the system and can step in when needed. I don't think he's really bad, just inconsistent.

He is not always awful but at time he is and rarely is he good so if you ask me he is consistent, consistently awful lol he will have 1 good play and 4 bad ones. His Nickname should be Toast.

Burns Witherspoon Brown and Bryant all should start over him.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was my guess... Pete was giving him a chance to change his mind in terms of depth... Jackson failed to do so...

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some? more like 70% of the starters played WTF you smoking, Seattle played what was it 2? It felt Dirty but that's ok those starters scored 9 points against 2nd, 3rd and 4th string players.

Hey I was hoping we would get ONE series with the Hawks starters just one, we got zero.

"Green Bay played most of its projected starters for the majority of the first half. Exceptions included cornerback Jaire Alexander, offensive tackle David Bakhtiari, linebacker De'Vondre Campbell wide receiver Romeo Doubs, outside linebacker Rashan Gary and running back Aaron Jones."

6 projected starters didn't play. 3 on offense and 3 on defense. Or in other words 81% of the starters on Offense and 81% of the starters on defense played most of the first half.

Um no I went back and watched each play of the first Offensive drive and can post the numbers of the players here . Several were rookies. Do you call a rookie a starter. A few rookies might bestarters like the TE but less than half were starters in the preseason game that started against the Bears today. It is nice to see Love off to a good start with 3 TDs and leading the league in QB rating. With luck it can continue

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um no I went back and watched each play of the first Offensive drive and can post the numbers of the players here . Several were rookies. Do you call a rookie a starter. A few rookies might bestarters like the TE but less than half were starters in the preseason game that started against the Bears today. It is nice to see Love off to a good start with 3 TDs and leading the league in QB rating. With luck it can continue

This was posted by Packers beat reporter and so I put it into my post.

"Green Bay played most of its projected starters for the majority of the first half. Exceptions included cornerback Jaire Alexander, offensive tackle David Bakhtiari, linebacker De'Vondre Campbell wide receiver Romeo Doubs, outside linebacker Rashan Gary and running back Aaron Jones."

Only 6 starters did not play. Seattle played what people thought was 1 starter and he wasn't a starter. Jackson.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was posted by Packers beat reporter and so I put it into my post.

Only 6 starters did not play. Seattle played what people thought was 1 starter and he wasn't a starter. Jackson.

He did not pay attention, I watched the reply and stopped the vid after each play the first few series I can post the numbers of the players and you can go check the depth chart

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did not pay attention, I watched the reply and stopped the vid after each play the first few series I can post the numbers of the players and you can go check the depth chart

LMAO sure you did, I have it in my DVR but what ever. You believe what you want when your own reporters were saying AND NAMING the starters that didn't play. Why are you even here crying about it?

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO sure you did, I have it in my DVR but what ever. You believe what you want when your own reporters were saying AND NAMING the starters that didn't play. Why are you even here crying about it?

I have NFL + and you can easily watch each play, the play only and can stop after each play. I do that will all games, And was just trying to share that you were not playing the Packers 1st team in the preseason game to help you with Seahawk expectations.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have NFL + and you can easily watch each play, the play only and can stop after each play. I do that will all games, And was just trying to share that you were not playing the Packers 1st team in the preseason game to help you with Seahawk expectations.

lmao only 6 of your starters didn't play now you are saying
you were not playing the Packers 1st team in the preseason game

oof you are a troll

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your beat reports said all but 6 starters played almost the full first half. Hey thats what I Saw also when we had our 3rd and 4th stringers out there the whole first half with a few 2nd stringers. Hell your COACH even said he was going to play his starters the whole first half, wtf are you high or something?

Right now you're just being an annoying little gnat lol shoo fly you're bothering me. Go back to your own board it's not the preseason no more and you wont change what the facts are in a game that was played over 2 weeks ago.

If you want to try and talk smack we got a thread in this forum just for that for people like you, go there. I rarely visit it.

Last edited: