• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PSU series a priority for Pitt AD

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Continuing Penn State series a priority for new Pitt AD | CollegeFootballTalk

For the WVU fans who think the Backyard Brawl is a huge deal to both schools. It ain't…

“Penn State, for us, we want to play that game as long as we can, home-and-home,” Barnes said. “We’re working hard to try to move that forward.”

While resuming the rivalry with West Virginia “is an important factor,” Barnes said, “Penn State’s a priority.”

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another example of WVU fans looking like the pathetic girlfriend who keeps chasing after her old lover after being dumped.

Hang on to those precious memories…

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, time to move on. Pitt wants to be Penn States gimmie rather than ours. It hurts a little man.. But not too bad.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get it.
You guys played Pitt pretty much every year for a hundred year, but not since 2011.
What happened?
Are you guys not playing in the future. I'm not up to speed on this but it just seems stupid to throw away a hundred years of tradition. Was there a reason? Was it joining the BigXII and schedule conflicts or something.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get it.
You guys played Pitt pretty much every year for a hundred year, but not since 2011.
What happened?
Are you guys not playing in the future. I'm not up to speed on this but it just seems stupid to throw away a hundred years of tradition. Was there a reason? Was it joining the BigXII and schedule conflicts or something.

outofyourmind...it is a long and sorted history...and of course the Hillbilly Faithful will remember things how they want to, but back in the day of Eastern Independents, Wv, Penn State and Pitt played each other regularly..With Wv being the whipping boy year in and year out against PSU..27 straight years of gettin our arsed kicked..until Wv finally broke thru and then became more competitive and Joe Paterno didn't want Wv on the scheudule anyomore because the program was longer a "TEMPLE" on the schedule...yes there has always been the backyard brawl, but as BBW has pointed out..and he is absolutely right BTW, PITT has always seen PSU as their main rival and WV a distant second...Those schools compete heavily for the majority of on in state recruits...and backin the Tony Dorsett days those programs easily had over a dozen kids playing for each school goin into the top end of the draft...The Brawl became a bigger deal when PSU moved to the Big10...they had to painfully acknowledge that the Brawl was now the rival game since PSU took them off their schedule..

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slaton is right. WV used to be the whipping boys for Pitt and PSU. When WV started to improve, PSU stopped playing us and Pitt hated losing to us. Either way, we always hated Pitt. I used to have the T shirt

Penn State Sucks
but
Pitt Swallows.

That about sums it up. Proximity has something to do with it also. Pitt is an easy drive from Morgantown and is almost like a home game.

There was a time when WVU could go 1-11 and if the one win was against Pitt, it was a good year.

Pitt fans hate us too and would much rather lose to an in state school every year than us hillbillies.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitt AD Scott Barnes: We Want To Play Penn State & WVUWith 1 Catch CBS Pittsburgh

I give the guy at least a little credit, he talks the talk like he actually gets modern day college athletics. That clown they had before (Peterson?) was an absolute idiot. If I'm not mistaken he ran Nebraska in the ground as well before they ran him off.

Be nice to get a rotation of Penn State, VT , Pitt, and Maryland OOC if all would be interested.

I agree though, having PSU AND WVU on the OOC slate every year would be too much for them.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree though, having PSU AND WVU on the OOC slate every year would be too much for them.

WVU is a powerhouse to Pitt. We beat them, take their recruits and make them look like an embarrassment. It is the competition that keeps them away from us. They will fill the stadium and make money, but it also gives Pittsburgh kids more incentive to go to WVU when they have a chance to play at home every other year.

PSU for Pitt is just the opposite. They always beat Pitt in recruiting and if Pitt can steal some of those with a couple of wins they get better.

If WVU were a cupcake, the Brawl would have never stopped.