• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PSU position coaches

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is what it looks like the staff will be and what positions they will be coaching:

HC James Franklin
Assistant HC/LB Brent Pry
DC Bob Shoop
OC John Donovan
OL Herb Hand
DL Sean Spencer
QB Ricky Rahne
CB Terry Smith
WR Josh Gattis
RB/ST Charles Huff

Strength & Conditioning Dwight Galt

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is what it looks like the staff will be and what positions they will be coaching:

HC James Franklin
Assistant HC/LB Brent Pry
DC Bob Shoop
OC John Donovan
OL Herb Hand
DL Sean Spencer
QB Ricky Rahne
CB Terry Smith
WR Josh Gattis
RB/ST Charles Huff

Strength & Conditioning Dwight Galt

Galt is Fitz's mentor and Galt's kid is also staying on, he was here under Fitz

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason I don't see Galt stripping his shirt off during a snowy day in PA then doing pushups in front of 107,000 people. :noidea:

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason I don't see Galt stripping his shirt off during a snowy day in PA then doing pushups in front of 107,000 people. :noidea:

LOL, no, but will will be on same program and no danger of going back to HIT bullshit we had previously. The team loved the Fitz program and the results they got from it

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Separate note I feel the team needs a refresher on fundamental tackling. Last past 2 years it seems like they missed more tackles then usual which lead to bigger plays. The linebackers seemed to make a big hit but forget to wrap the player up. This could be contributed to the sanctions. Less players meant O'Brien didn't want to do many full contact drills to risk a injury so during games the fundamentals lacked. Look at the Top 10 NFL leaders in tackling past 5 seasons. You have Poz, Lee, Bowman, and others like Wake, Conner, who also have done well but I have seen a drop off the past 2 seasons and I really would like the coaches to address this problem. LB's don't need to have blazing speed but be able to make correct angles then wrap the player up. Against OSU past season we hit them hard but didn't wrap up the legs so they spun away and gained extra yards. Just a observation that has been bugging me.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Separate note I feel the team needs a refresher on fundamental tackling. Last past 2 years it seems like they missed more tackles then usual which lead to bigger plays. The linebackers seemed to make a big hit but forget to wrap the player up. This could be contributed to the sanctions. Less players meant O'Brien didn't want to do many full contact drills to risk a injury so during games the fundamentals lacked. Look at the Top 10 NFL leaders in tackling past 5 seasons. You have Poz, Lee, Bowman, and others like Wake, Conner, who also have done well but I have seen a drop off the past 2 seasons and I really would like the coaches to address this problem. LB's don't need to have blazing speed but be able to make correct angles then wrap the player up. Against OSU past season we hit them hard but didn't wrap up the legs so they spun away and gained extra yards. Just a observation that has been bugging me.

Lack of depth led to lack of tackling in practice. When they get closer to full numbers, you'll see more full contact practice

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lack of depth led to lack of tackling in practice. When they get closer to full numbers, you'll see more full contact practice

I just fully don't buy into that though. Just because I don't have anyone behind me on the depth chart shouldn't diminish my ability to wrap someone up while tackling. Yes they didn't have hard contact during practice but they came to Penn State knowing how to tackle in games and even received drills at PSU. Did lack of full contact drills affect how they played in games? Maybe but it wasn't the only reason/excuse for the poor tackling.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just fully don't buy into that though. Just because I don't have anyone behind me on the depth chart shouldn't diminish my ability to wrap someone up while tackling. Yes they didn't have hard contact during practice but they came to Penn State knowing how to tackle in games and even received drills at PSU. Did lack of full contact drills affect how they played in games? Maybe but it wasn't the only reason/excuse for the poor tackling.

They don't tackle in practice, thus, the repetition and technique not all the way there. if you have more depth, you go more live practices, we didn't have that luxury....nothing to do with being worried about anyone behind you on depth chart.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW< if you get a chance, watch the interviews/presser introducing the new coaches. We are definitely in good heads, didn't think it was possible for me to be any more fired up going forward, but I am now.

jdl5136

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally loved what Coach Huff had to say