• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

4 Vandy coaches expected to be PSU coaches

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaches and what they coached at Vandy
Bob Shoop- DC and safeties coach
Dwight Galt- Director of performance enhancement. Fitzgerald worked as a assistant under Galt at MD.
Josh Gattis- Offensive recruiting coordinator and WR's coach
Charles Bankins- Special teams coordinator and TE coach

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dwight Galt- Director of performance enhancement. Fitzgerald worked as a assistant under Galt at MD.

varying reports on Bankins. SDpencer will be on staff, just trying to figure where to fit him in and I'd be very surprised if Ricky Rhane and Pry aren't on staff as well

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

umm is his son Dwight Galt III and was an assistant strength coach under Fitz??

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
umm is his son Dwight Galt III and was an assistant strength coach under Fitz??

Believe so.

Also, contrary to what's being reported, hearing Bankins is not coming with Franklin

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LJ is not coming back. Not sure if he's retiring or going elsewhere, but he is not going to be on PSU staff moving forward. Good news is taht Spencer is coming on to take over DL coaching duties

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LJ is not coming back. Not sure if he's retiring or going elsewhere, but he is not going to be on PSU staff moving forward. Good news is taht Spencer is coming on to take over DL coaching duties

That really sucks. It would have been awesome what LJ and CJF (Coach James Franklin) could do together on the recruiting trail.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That really sucks. It would have been awesome what LJ and CJF (Coach James Franklin) could do together on the recruiting trail.

It is what it is. Wouldn't be surprised to see him retire and focus on being a preacher. Heard he seriously thought of just that when BOB took over.

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:( very sad

fonze232

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU has a defensive position open correct? He was offered a job from Urban 2 years ago. :gaah: Worst case scenario.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU has a defensive position open correct? He was offered a job from Urban 2 years ago. :gaah: Worst case scenario.

Yup Mike Vrabel DL coach left to join O'Briens staff. Would LJ do that to PSU? That would the worst case scenario.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU had actually already reached out to gauge interest. that said, can't see him turning down PSU to take lateral move. I think he wants a DC or HC job. Could be wrong, but who knows. Either way, I'm not losing any sleep. Love all LJ has done, but he's not getting any younger and Spencer is a beast. Not worried about recruiting, Franklin is already uber connected in the region LJ handles as well. This is all on LJ, he was offered the DL coach job on Franklin staff

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing a lot of chatter about Chip West out of Virginia... I don't know shit about him but he's apparently a recruiter extraordinaire.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing a lot of chatter about Chip West out of Virginia... I don't know shit about him but he's apparently a recruiter extraordinaire.

One of top recruiters in the nation. Also a very good DB coach.

Ricky Rahne, Spencer and Gsattis are stud recruiters as well. Franklin knows recruiting is the lifeblood of any program and he is assembling a lights out staff of recruiters and coaches.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of top recruiters in the nation. Also a very good DB coach.

Ricky Rahne, Spencer and Gsattis are stud recruiters as well. Franklin knows recruiting is the lifeblood of any program and he is assembling a lights out staff of recruiters and coaches.

Yes on great recruiters but I want to see how they coach these stars their bringing in. To land the top talent kids you need strong ties in TX, CA, FL, MD. I don't know what areas these guys are dominate in other then West in VA.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes on great recruiters but I want to see how they coach these stars their bringing in. To land the top talent kids you need strong ties in TX, CA, FL, MD. I don't know what areas these guys are dominate in other then West in VA.

you do realize Franklin is SUPER connected in Maryland and he coached there for a few years, right?? You also don't need to consistently pull recruits from TX, CA or FLA to win BIG. They dominate the region, they will have a loaded sqaud. PA, MD, NJ, OH and VA produce more than enough talent to win if you sprinkle in a few National guys, which is what they plan to do. They have guys with connections in various regions with Rahne, Spencer and Gattis though.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you do realize Franklin is SUPER connected in Maryland and he coached there for a few years, right?? You also don't need to consistently pull recruits from TX, CA or FLA to win BIG. They dominate the region, they will have a loaded sqaud. PA, MD, NJ, OH and VA produce more than enough talent to win if you sprinkle in a few National guys, which is what they plan to do. They have guys with connections in various regions with Rahne, Spencer and Gattis though.

Yes I new Franklin had strong ties to MD just like LJ did. I was saying its nice to have strong ties in the major states CA, TX, FL. The coaches Franklin has brought together seem like they are high energy recruiters but I want to see how they coach this talent. USC has landed top recruits yearly but they never had a HC who could coach them to be a team and play like a team. I remember them having 4- 5 star RB's on their roster and just thought wow don't they realize only 1 could get the ball. All that talent and not many championships. So I like how well the new coaches recruit for PSU but curious to see how they will be able to coach the Highly ranked kids coming to Penn State. Franklin got a lot of production from 3 star players at Vandy so I am excited and nervous to see what he can do with better (higher star rating) players.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I new Franklin had strong ties to MD just like LJ did. I was saying its nice to have strong ties in the major states CA, TX, FL. The coaches Franklin has brought together seem like they are high energy recruiters but I want to see how they coach this talent. USC has landed top recruits yearly but they never had a HC who could coach them to be a team and play like a team. I remember them having 4- 5 star RB's on their roster and just thought wow don't they realize only 1 could get the ball. All that talent and not many championships. So I like how well the new coaches recruit for PSU but curious to see how they will be able to coach the Highly ranked kids coming to Penn State. Franklin got a lot of production from 3 star players at Vandy so I am excited and nervous to see what he can do with better (higher star rating) players.

Look at Franklin's classes and where he pulled players from. He had a 4 star QB commit from CA, several FL players, Several GA, He also has a kid in this class, 4 star Cali kid Koa Farmer, with PSU in final 3. Give the guy a year and you won't be questioning anything on his recruiting ability

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at Franklin's classes and where he pulled players from. He had a 4 star QB commit from CA, several FL players, Several GA, He also has a kid in this class, 4 star Cali kid Koa Farmer, with PSU in final 3. Give the guy a year and you won't be questioning anything on his recruiting ability

I AM NOT QUESTIONING his recruiting. Why is this so hard to understand. I just want to see how he does coaching the high ranking players at PSU. No body should be questioning Franklins ability to recruit. The man can flat out recruit. I am not even questioning his coaching. I am just saying I'm curious to see how he coaches. He will be bringing in better talented kids to PSU then he had at Vandy and it should be interesting what he can do with these players.