• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pro Bowl to become Captain's Choice

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks to unending complaints from fans, the media and players -- and despite
ridiculous ratings for something everyone hates -- the Pro Bowl's been on life
support recently, with the NFL hinting at major changes to make it more
exciting. Those changes are official, with the league and the NFLPA announcing
Wednesday a change to a "captain's choice" format moving forward.

Like the NHL before it, the NFL's All-Star Game will now feature two captains
-- in this case it's Hall of Famers Deion Sanders and Jerry Rice -- selecting
from a pool of players chosen "without regard to conference in voting by fans,
coaches and players."

NFL changes Pro Bowl to captain's choice, eliminates conf distinction - CBSSports.com

Brings back the old schoolyard way of handling things. Could be interesting, especially with teammates possibly being on different sides.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure that this will save the Pro Bowl. It will be interesting to see who gets picked but I imagine it will still be 3 hours of watching no one give any effort on the field. I understand the point that they don't want injury and are playing for peanuts but that just means it is a waste of time.

braves66boy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe at least one of the captains that is choosing the players for the pro bowl should have at least played some games in the AFC. Neither captain has played a game for an AFC team, if I am not mistaken. I would have gone with TD and Jerry Rice as captains.

braves66boy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TD does work for the NFL network every so often.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rice also signed with the Broncos at one point.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh..... the new Pro Bowl format may be a fun little distraction as I prepare for my Broncos Superbowl party, I guess.

MH64

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't a bad idea to generate interest, but ultimately it won't fix the real problem, which is the lack of effort. So how do you fix that? Money. Make it a winner take all pot; winning team gets $100k per player, losing team gets zilch. If that won't get players giving a modicum of effort, then you might as well scrap the game.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't a bad idea to generate interest, but ultimately it won't fix the real problem, which is the lack of effort. So how do you fix that? Money. Make it a winner take all pot; winning team gets $100k per player, losing team gets zilch. If that won't get players giving a modicum of effort, then you might as well scrap the game.

Unfortunately with the fear of injury and the relaxed atmosphere of the week being in Hawaii there really is a lack of motivation for these guys. In baseball they are playing for homefield in the world series. It adds at least a little incentive but with the NFL putting the game at different locations every year they really can't do that. I really don't know beyond more money what they could offer the players to play harder. I'll be honest if I was an NFL player I probably wouldn't try too hard at the Pro Bowl just in fear of being hurt in a meaningless game.

braves66boy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My mistake thanks for correcting me.:yahoo:

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to me anyway,and what i was always taught and preached too was " those that don`t play hard ", are the ones more likely to get injured. I still dont think there`s much they can do to motivate these guys anyway so might as well make it skills challenge contest and winners (afc vs nfc) takes all. Maybe throw in a new truck for mvp? :)

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3