• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Prisco's Picks: Denver is #1

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Power Rankings: Despite early camp injuries, talented Broncos lead pack - NFL - CBSSports.com News, Rumors, Scores, Stats, Fantasy

Not sure if this is a good thing or not....LOL But here it is.

#1) Denver
#2) San Francisco
#3) Atlanta
#4) New England
#5) Seattle
#8) Baltimore (a spot below the Bengals no less)
#24) Kansas City
#26) San Diego
#29) Oakland

Not usually a huge fan of power rankings especially before anybody has set foot in an actual game but always nice to see the Broncos at the top. This season definitely has some very high standards set with it. Anything short of a Superbowl victory will be a disappointment at this point.

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the few things Prisco has put on paper that makes sense....lol

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Baltimore, which won it all, isn't in the top spot. I used to keep the Super Bowl champions in the top spot to open the season, just for doing it out of respect. Now, I like to look ahead more for the coming season.

Translation...I don't like the Ravens and never have so now is the time to change things up.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Baltimore, which won it all, isn't in the top spot. I used to keep the Super Bowl champions in the top spot to open the season, just for doing it out of respect. Now, I like to look ahead more for the coming season.

Translation...I don't like the Ravens and never have so now is the time to change things up.

Considering how seldom teams repeat in the NFL I don't blame him for not having the Ravens at the top spot. They are a team with a lot of question marks especially now that Pitta is gone. Now having said that the Ravens and the Broncos are great examples of even having a top team does not guarantee a Superbowl. On paper the Broncos looked pretty darn good come playoff time having a top 5 offense and defense yet the Ravens happened to be better on the right day. I wouldn't read too much into power rankings at this time.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Prisco definitely doesn't care for Flacco.

Baltimore as far down as #8 is a head scratcher, even by Prisco's standards. I'd prolly put them in the top 5....

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering how seldom teams repeat in the NFL I don't blame him for not having the Ravens at the top spot. They are a team with a lot of question marks especially now that Pitta is gone. Now having said that the Ravens and the Broncos are great examples of even having a top team does not guarantee a Superbowl. On paper the Broncos looked pretty darn good come playoff time having a top 5 offense and defense yet the Ravens happened to be better on the right day. I wouldn't read too much into power rankings at this time.

I don't think they should be in the top spot either, but I'm not sure about the Bengals or Patriots being ahead of them. I never read too much into power rankings, but they are certainly fun to comment on.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Power Rankings: Despite early camp injuries, talented Broncos lead pack - NFL - CBSSports.com News, Rumors, Scores, Stats, Fantasy

#1) Denver
#2) San Francisco
#3) Atlanta
#4) New England
#5) Seattle
#24) Kansas City
#26) San Diego
#29) Oakland

I think a preseason power ranking is meaningless. That said I do think DEN will win the AFCW and probably will have homefield advantage based on the schedule.

SF, Kaep surprised us, but he did not play a great game in ATL, and obviously he didn't in the SB...very solid team, DEF & running game, but Kaep is going to have to prove it to me after DCs have a year of tape on him...same with RW in SEA. I'm ready to get this year going already.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hard to get over that SB hangover man...you're the measuring stick EVERY week...if they do better than 9-7 I will say job well done.

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a preseason power ranking is meaningless. That said I do think DEN will win the AFCW and probably will have homefield advantage based on the schedule.

SF, Kaep surprised us, but he did not play a great game in ATL, and obviously he didn't in the SB...very solid team, DEF & running game, but Kaep is going to have to prove it to me after DCs have a year of tape on him...same with RW in SEA. I'm ready to get this year going already.

Totally agree on the young QBs. History says one of them will possibly take a step back....

Not sure where I would put the Ravens. I do think the Bengals will be strong.

Let's get everyone to the gate healthy and get the season started!

Thankfully Power Rankings control nothing....lol

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

#1) Denver
#2) San Francisco
#3) Atlanta
#4) New England
#5) Seattle
#24) Kansas City
#26) San Diego
#29) Oakland

wait wait wait. Pete Prisco? the Pete Prisco from CBS? that guy's an idiot. this just might be the kiss of death for you guys...

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree on the young QBs. History says one of them will possibly take a step back....

Not sure where I would put the Ravens. I do think the Bengals will be strong.

Let's get everyone to the gate healthy and get the season started!

Thankfully Power Rankings control nothing....lol

Well...you're a few days late for both of our teams, but I'm more than okay with a healthy here on out.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New England is too high at #4. I really think they are going to take a step back. Without a solid RB and proven veteran WRs, and a mess at TE, it's going to be tough. I don't care how good Brady is, if he doesn't have the tools, scoring points will be difficult.

nigeriannit1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
broncoincali, did u get that manning jersey yet

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...you're a few days late for both of our teams, but I'm more than okay with a healthy here on out.

Yeah, I figured that part was understood, but I agree.......from here on out.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New England is too high at #4. I really think they are going to take a step back. Without a solid RB and proven veteran WRs, and a mess at TE, it's going to be tough. I don't care how good Brady is, if he doesn't have the tools, scoring points will be difficult.

Pats definitely face some challenges offensively, but Ridley, Vereen, and Bolden are all good backs. They also added LaGarrette Blount. I won't be surprised if NE is among the best running teams in the league.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats definitely face some challenges offensively, but Ridley, Vereen, and Bolden are all good backs. They also added LaGarrette Blount. I won't be surprised if NE is among the best running teams in the league.

That could very well be true, but how far can it get them if the passing game takes a big step backwards? Denver was the best running team in the NFL two seasons ago. It was good enough for an 8-8 record and a low playoff seed. NE could find themselves playing catch-up in games where they wouldn't need to if their passing attack was intact. A running game doesn't help much in that case. If Amendola ends up being their only decent receiver, Pats could find a few teams harder to beat.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That could very well be true, but how far can it get them if the passing game takes a big step backwards? Denver was the best running team in the NFL two seasons ago. It was good enough for an 8-8 record and a low playoff seed. NE could find themselves playing catch-up in games where they wouldn't need to if their passing attack was intact. A running game doesn't help much in that case. If Amendola ends up being their only decent receiver, Pats could find a few teams harder to beat.

As long as they have Brady, I expect the Pats to have at least a middle of the pack passing offense. The AFCE isn't exactly a powerhouse, so I expect that they'll win their division. Not that I really car, of course, but I think that the post I replied to is mistaken in claiming that the Pats don't have any quality RBs.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree with you there. NE is better off at RB than they historically have been.