• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PRICELESS ....

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome aboard. I'm sure we'll have plenty of opportunities to debate this season, but I'm also glad to see that some familiar names have made it over. Any word on where doc landed.

I haven't heard anything from him and haven't seen him on the SC site I use.

Lillyliverd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SoCal, I am pleased to see you post here. I read many of your exchanges with Irish fans over the past several years at ESPN. I don't believe I ever got into the fray because there was always plenty of action when you posted. You have thick skin and argued with reason and I respect you for that. Welcome!

GO IRISH!

I believe that you have only a 5 minute window to edit a post.

NDKane21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOS ANGELES -- USC Trojans football coach Lane Kiffin is not on the hot seat entering this season.

USC athletic director Pat Haden made that abundantly clear Thursday in an online video the school posted on the eve of Pac-12 media day in Los Angeles.

"I anticipate the media will ask me if our football coach is on the hot seat this year," Haden said. "Here is my answer and will be my answer whenever I'm asked: He is not. I'm behind Lane Kiffin 100 percent. I have great confidence in him. He's a very hard-working, detail-oriented coach. He's a dynamic playcaller, in my estimation, and he's an exceptional recruiter. He knows USC and he knows what it takes to be successful here."

Quote today from Haden, great news for Irish fans. :)

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SoCal, I am pleased to see you post here. I read many of your exchanges with Irish fans over the past several years at ESPN. I don't believe I ever got into the fray because there was always plenty of action when you posted. You have thick skin and argued with reason and I respect you for that. Welcome!

GO IRISH!

I believe that you have only a 5 minute window to edit a post.

But where or what do you click on to edit? Remember when people on espn used to argue about people deleting their posts and other peoples posts? I never figured out how to delete my own (edit yes but delete no) let alone some one elses so I couldn't believe how many of you ND fans thought I was doing that.
You were one of the really nice ND fans who didn't get into all the craziness but did ad alot to the football talk.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim, after you make a post there will be an edit button to the left of the quote button. If you don't see it the 5 minute time period has expired and the post is locked for editing.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's on the bottom right hand corner of your post. It will appear next to the quote button until 5 min after you post.

Welcome to the hoop.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOS ANGELES -- USC Trojans football coach Lane Kiffin is not on the hot seat entering this season.

USC athletic director Pat Haden made that abundantly clear Thursday in an online video the school posted on the eve of Pac-12 media day in Los Angeles.

"I anticipate the media will ask me if our football coach is on the hot seat this year," Haden said. "Here is my answer and will be my answer whenever I'm asked: He is not. I'm behind Lane Kiffin 100 percent. I have great confidence in him. He's a very hard-working, detail-oriented coach. He's a dynamic playcaller, in my estimation, and he's an exceptional recruiter. He knows USC and he knows what it takes to be successful here."

Quote today from Haden, great news for Irish fans. :)

Be careful what you ask for. I have a feeling you're going to see a wicked offense come into South Bend this October and Lane will remain unbeaten in South bend.

Thanks for the heads up on the edit thing. I guess 5 min had passed when I first looked for it.

Last edited by a moderator:

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be careful what you ask for. I have a feeling you're going to see a wicked offense come into South Bend this October and Lane will remain unbeaten in South bend.

Idk, if he couldn't get his offense into "wicked" mode with Barkley I'd be very surprised if he pulls it off this year with a largely inexperienced QB.

My prediction is lane has another 8-9 win season and gets canned afterwords. USC has taken a backseat to Oregon and Stanford and I doubt that's acceptable.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
craig can you tell me how to edit once I've posted? Still figuring this thing out.

Since you are "new" here you might have to wait a day or two, or make some posts before you're able to edit. But like everyone else said ... editing is only avail up to 5 mins from making your original post. You will see the red EDIT button by the QUOTE button if you're able to edit. Once you're done editing, clicke on the Save button and voila!

We need to get Doc over here, now, also!!!! :)

ThunderND

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of my all time favorites!

Lillyliverd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Socal, if I were a Trojan, I would want to buy a beer for the kid in the video. You think USC will have "wicked offense" next year and Kiffin will get it together in his 4th year, but I think you will be in full agreement with the kid in the video by the end of the coming season. I think Kiffin is a bad coach and here's why:

Kiffen got the keys to the Ferrari that is USC after one lackluster year of being a head coach (at Tennessee). USC has a big recruiting advantage over most schools and they are stacked with talent.
Kiffin's Trojans have lost 5, 2, and 6 games over the last 3 years. USC was expected to win it all last year with the weapons they had like Barkley, Lee, Woods, Redd but they had the 38th best offense last year and finished way out of the rankings. With the talent USC has, I think any coach could do as well as Kiffin. If you look at Kiffin's record for big games (ranked teams, bowls, ND, UCLA) he is 5-9. I thought Kiffen might have had USC going in the right direction until last year. I just think he is a bad coach and has never proven anything.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Socal, if I were a Trojan, I would want to buy a beer for the kid in the video. You think USC will have "wicked offense" next year and Kiffin will get it together in his 4th year, but I think you will be in full agreement with the kid in the video by the end of the coming season. I think Kiffin is a bad coach and here's why:

Kiffen got the keys to the Ferrari that is USC after one lackluster year of being a head coach (at Tennessee). USC has a big recruiting advantage over most schools and they are stacked with talent.
Kiffin's Trojans have lost 5, 2, and 6 games over the last 3 years. USC was expected to win it all last year with the weapons they had like Barkley, Lee, Woods, Redd but they had the 38th best offense last year and finished way out of the rankings. With the talent USC has, I think any coach could do as well as Kiffin. If you look at Kiffin's record for big games (ranked teams, bowls, ND, UCLA) he is 5-9. I thought Kiffen might have had USC going in the right direction until last year. I just think he is a bad coach and has never proven anything.

That Ferrari was missing an O line and the d was in disarray. You can have all the weapons (Lee. Woods. RBs TEs) but if you aren't holding up on the O line and the defense was giving up yards then you still wont win. I give Kiffin plenty of blame. Most of us in Trojan land were tired of seeing bubble screens but in reality he didn't have a good enough O line to keep the defense honest. A lack of experienced QB only gives him a few games worth of leeway. The offensive line and the defense should be improved enough. By the ND game the offense should be doing well or he's in trouble.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Ferrari was missing an O line and the d was in disarray. You can have all the weapons (Lee. Woods. RBs TEs) but if you aren't holding up on the O line and the defense was giving up yards then you still wont win. I give Kiffin plenty of blame. Most of us in Trojan land were tired of seeing bubble screens but in reality he didn't have a good enough O line to keep the defense honest. A lack of experienced QB only gives him a few games worth of leeway. The offensive line and the defense should be improved enough. By the ND game the offense should be doing well or he's in trouble.

I quit reading this after the first sentence. This is a typcial response by Slo-Gal who let his alligator mouth overrun his hummingbird ass last year ... and just disappeared ... altogether, vanished ... like a fart in the wind when SC lost their asses after being ranked #1 in the country. This was total dang comedy in my book ... at least Doc stuck around to face the music!!!! And that's why I respect the hell out of Doc.

You, Slo-Gal ... just disappear when things get rough and dont stand by your ludicrous predictions. Post here all you want (like on the ESPN boards) with your sillyness ... but be prepared when SC gags on it again this year and Kiffin proves to be inept. At least dont run away this time around ... ok?

:lol: :lame:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I quit reading this after the first sentence. This is a typcial response by Slo-Gal who let his alligator mouth overrun his hummingbird ass last year ... and just disappeared ... altogether, vanished ... like a fart in the wind when SC lost their asses after being ranked #1 in the country. This was total dang comedy in my book ... at least Doc stuck around to face the music!!!! And that's why I respect the hell out of Doc.

You, Slo-Gal ... just disappear when things get rough and dont stand by your ludicrous predictions. Post here all you want (like on the ESPN boards) with your sillyness ... but be prepared when SC gags on it again this year and Kiffin proves to be inept. At least dont run away this time around ... ok?

:lol: :lame:
My silliness? Your fellow ND fans asked me why I think USC can have a good offense this year when they couldn't last year with Matt and Lee and Woods and Redd. My answer was that last year despite having those weapons the O line was not very good or deep and the defense other than the linebackers were subpar. So the running game was lacking and couldn't keep the defense honest and it affected the passing game. This year the O line should be much improved and the D line should actually be one of the best (the corners are still suspect) so if they can run the whole offense can be dangerous with those NFL WRs and TEs even with a young QB.
Now I'm sure you predicted the out come of the NCG right? Or did you think ND was right there? I'm sure you predicted ND would come out tight right? I'm sure you knew USC would beat ND at home the year before right? I wonder how many times since 1988 you've predicted great things for the Irish. Yeah I didn't see last year happening the way it did but it wasn't the first time I've been wrong and it wont be the last. We are fans and always have high hopes but in the end only one team really achieves their goal.
As far as not being around in late Sept and for a while after I don't owe you an explanation but it had nothing to do with football. I wish it was only football that I had to deal with at that time. I'm bummed after a loss but for about half a day then I'm over it. This is a fun distraction from every day life not my life. I don't get depressed if my teams lose it's just not that big a deal to me.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for the record Slo-Gal ... I didnt really give ND much of a chance against that NFL team from Tuscaloosa, but at least they "had the chance" to compete in the game and maybe a miracle might happen ... unlike SC who sat at home sucking their thumbs after the rump humping they took all year and then Georgia Tech taught them some real football in that embarassing loss. You were the one running your mouth most of the off-season last year telling all us ND fans how DOMINATING SC would be in 2013 ... blah blah blah ... we heard it over and over and over how great a coach Lame is/was only to see SC being ranked #1 and just totally laying the proverbial egg. That was just major embarassment ... total & epic failure of galactic proportions. And then ... U RAN ... nowhere to be found after devoting your life chest-pounding all summer long and most of the season how great SC/Lame Kitten was. Just vanished ... why? Oh wait ... let's see the vacation excuse again? I think you had already used that one previously? You were the one making all these bold and ludicrous predictions ... me ... I actually dont get into the prediction thing ... not my style. But at least have nads to hang around and take your lumps (like Doc) instead of just crawling into a shell when SC tanked their pathetic season away. I dont mind all the banter and smack talk from other teams' fans ... I actually welcome iit ... as long are they're around afterwards to take it instead of running away. Get my drift, now?

:peace:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for the record Slo-Gal ... I didnt really give ND much of a chance against that NFL team from Tuscaloosa, but at least they "had the chance" to compete in the game and maybe a miracle might happen ... unlike SC who sat at home sucking their thumbs after the rump humping they took all year and then Georgia Tech taught them some real football in that embarassing loss. You were the one running your mouth most of the off-season last year telling all us ND fans how DOMINATING SC would be in 2013 ... blah blah blah ... we heard it over and over and over how great a coach Lame is/was only to see SC being ranked #1 and just totally laying the proverbial egg. That was just major embarassment ... total & epic failure of galactic proportions. And then ... U RAN ... nowhere to be found after devoting your life chest-pounding all summer long and most of the season how great SC/Lame Kitten was. Just vanished ... why? Oh wait ... let's see the vacation excuse again? I think you had already used that one previously? You were the one making all these bold and ludicrous predictions ... me ... I actually dont get into the prediction thing ... not my style. But at least have nads to hang around and take your lumps (like Doc) instead of just crawling into a shell when SC tanked their pathetic season away. I dont mind all the banter and smack talk from other teams' fans ... I actually welcome iit ... as long are they're around afterwards to take it instead of running away. Get my drift, now?

:peace:

You must be reading someone elses posts because I've never predicted how "dominating SC would be" . I'm pretty superstitious so I would never say USC will be in the NC game or be unbeaten. Did I think they will be good ? Yes. Did I think they would be in the 1 or 2 loss area ? Yes. but you're talking out of your behind if you're saying I said those things. Theres a difference between thinking or saying your team will be good and talking crap like your saying. Even in the 2005-06-7 years I never said they would be "dominating" and if I didn't then I sure wouldn't have last year. I had huge hopes for the offense for sure but every SC fan was crossing his fingers on the defense.
Funny one good year and you forget the past ten. As far as taking my lumps I had real stuff to deal with that involved real lives just like a few ND fans who wernt around much during your good year because they had things going on.

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually glad you are here SocalJim. I wonder where your enemy StMichael is?