• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Preseason 2012 Info by Volbound1700

Volbound1700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For fun when I have time, I started rankings and info in the style of a preseason magazine with my predictions, here is my results:

(I will present, top 25, overrated/underrated pages, conference pages, and individual team pages). Here is the top 25 page:

Top 25. Please not that this is based on talent level and ability and not on final prediction. I have Auburn in the top 25 while leaving out Tennessee and Missouri despite the fact I predicted both of these teams will have a better record. The key though is I think Auburn could beat either of these teams on a good day.

1. LSU – Returns a great deal of their line. New QB does not appear to be slowing down offense. Needs to replace Morris Claiborne. Very talented team that should dominate once again, especially with an easier schedule.

2. Alabama – Young but talented defense is the only weakness of this team. If Saban can get them to grow up early, watch out!

3. Oregon – Needs to replace (Oregon RB) but still has a talented and fast offense and defense. Should be the team to beat in the Pac12.

4. USC – Oregon’s challenger has issues with depth and on defense. If Defense can become more stout and USC can survive the injury bug, this team could find itself in the National Championship Game.

5. South Carolina – This maybe Spurrier’s best team to date. Marcus Lattimore needs to stay healthy. WR core will miss Ashon Jeffrey, however Spurrier finally has a QB. Defense looks solid once again.

6. Georgia – Loaded team looking to get over the hump. Losing Isaiah Cromwell will likely not hurt with a young talented RB core coming in. Very solid Defense can keep this team in the game with anyone. However, all the offseason distractions seem to continually plague this program.

7. Wisconsin – Wisconsin returns with a team that is good enough to win the Big10 this year. However replacing (Wisconsin QB) will not be easy.

8. Michigan – Michigan won 11 games last year but was still disappointed with the season. This Michigan team should be even better and should be in the Big10 title game. A tough opener against Alabama awaits.

9. Oklahoma – 4 loss team last year that had difficulty on the road. Despite this, there does not appear to be team in the Big12 capable of matching OU’s talent and leadership at the moment. Mike Stoops should provide a much needed boost to the defense.

10. Clemson – Clemson returns most of the ACC Championship team. The defense should be improved and I am betting on the fact that Clemson will be out for revenge after that Orange Bowl debacle.

11. West Virginia – This team should challenge OU for the Big12 crown. However, long road games and a new conference environment may take a toll on this squad. Is there any defense in the Big12 that can stop their offense?

12. Florida State – Everyone’s trendy pick to win the ACC. Solid talent but not enough on the offensive ball to win big games. Jury is still out on whether this team can finally live up to hype.

13. Arkansas – A nasty off-season may cause problems for this squad. Offense is very talented but Defense needs to improve.

14. Stanford – No Harbaugh or Luck have many people doubting the Cardinal. However, talented recruiting classes and a weak Pac12 will still allow this team to win a lot of games.

15. Kansas State – This team finds a way to win. That is the only way to explain their 2011 campaign. Kansas State likely has the strongest defense in the Big12 but their offense is a working progress.

16. Texas – This may finally be the season that Texas becomes Texas again. This team is strong in every category other than the passing game. If Texas can come up with a way to move the ball better, a 10 win campaign or more is very likely.

17. Utah – A dark horse Candidate for the Pac12 South. Utah will need to learn how to live without Norm Chow but should have a strong team. Remember this team almost knocked off USC in LA last year, this time USC has to travel to their place.

18. Michigan State – This team lost a lot but continues to reload. There will be some growing pains, especially at QB but Michigan State could likely stay with Michigan and Nebraska in the Big10 (Division) Race.

19. Boise State – Boise State lost a lot of its star powers from the last few years but I am not betting against Coach Peterson putting together another team that will likely win a weaker Mountain West Conference.

20. Auburn – Back to back top ten recruiting classes and an 8-5 campaign last year usually translates into a team that will compete for their league the following year. Not in the SEC. Auburn has a lot of talent and could challenge Arkansas for a third place finish in the SEC West but the Tigers are still a year away from even getting close to the Alabama-LSU duo.

21. Virginia Tech – Frank Beamer’s squad once again has to reload but has the talent to compete for a soft ACC Coastal Division with Miami still struggling and North Carolina now out of the picture. Virginia appears to be the top competitor for the league crown making the rivalry even more intense.

22. Nebraska – Nebraska lost a lot of talented defenders and the offense continues to struggle against quality teams. This team looks like a 9-4 or 8-5 team, but if this team can stay in the game against the two Michigans and get a few breaks, Big10 title game appearance is not out of the question.

23. Washington – Steve Sarkisian continues to develop this team. Losing Chris Polk will hurt. However, the Pac10 is weak enough for this team to still win 7-8 games. It will take a little more to get higher.

24. Georgia Tech – Georgia Tech returns a solid squad that could make this team a dark horse to win the ACC. Georgia Tech has a strong offensive line but needs to get more consistent on the defensive side of the ball which has been the main issue during the Paul Johnson era.

25. Oklahoma State – A rebuilding year for the Cowboys but still plenty of talent there to get to a decent bowl game.

Volbound1700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEC Conference Page with predicted order of finish and record:

SEC East
1. South Carolina (11-1, 7-1)
2. Georgia (11-1, 7-1)
3. Tennessee (9-3, 5-3)
4. Missouri (8-4, 4-4)
5. Florida (6-6, 3-5)
6. Vanderbilt (5-7, 2-6)
7. Kentucky (3-9, 0-8)

SEC West

1. LSU (12-0, 8-0)
2. Alabama (11-1, 7-1)
3. Arkansas (9-3, 5-3)
4. Auburn (7-5, 4-4)
5. Mississippi State (7-5, 3-5)
6. Texas A&M (5-7, 1-7)
7. Mississippi (3-9, 0-8)

SEC East Notes:
Georgia and South Carolina appear to be a tier above the group. The match-up between the two in Columbia will likely decide the East. The battle for third in the SEC East should be wide open. Tennessee has the best pieces in place to hold the spot but you still have to worry about the running game and coaching. Florida will have a great defense but will have to be creative to score. If Missouri can stay healthy on offense and improve the performance on defense, the Tigers could be a team to watch in the SEC. Vanderbilt is not to be underestimated but will need to find out how to win close games. Kentucky has lost a lot of talent the past three years and hasn’t found the stars to step up and replace it.

SEC West Notes:
Just as in the East, the top two teams appear to form their own tier above the group. Arkansas has the talent to challenge them and gets both LSU and Alabama at home but may not be able to match them physically. Auburn is still likely a year away from being a division contender but should win 8 or 9 games this year. Mississippi State should show more progress under Dan Mullen but a 6-7 win season seems to be in the work. Texas A&M has a bright future but not this year with a young and inexperienced team in a deep league, a bowl appearance would be a coup. Ole Miss is still stuck at the bottom, but will have new life under Coach Hugh Freeze.

tideguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,211.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at least we know that with 1 loss, Bama can still bring home a Championship!!

Volbound1700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha nah I have Oregon going this year against LSU. I plan to put up some of the other conference pages if you guys want? (I have Pac12, ACC, and Big12 Conference predictions). I also have all the SEC and Pac12 South team predictions but that would be a lot to post (one page takes up entire post). If you have a specific team you want, just make a request.