• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Prediction : Game 12 : Iowa State

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can not believe the people who want to say IAST is a rival, they are one of the worst teams in football and have been for years. They should be to us what we were for PSU, a whipping boy. If you want a rival in the B12, aim a little higher, wanting IAST as a rival is like wanting Temple as your rival.........Marshall is a MUCH better team than IAST, if we REALLY are that desperate for a rival, lets go talk to Doc!!!!
Marshall just lost to a team that's only been playing football for 5 years...

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think many people say IST is as big as rival as Pitt....you just like to point out we don't play them every thread

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes sir, beating that tough IAST team is way sweeter than beating Georgia, Oklahoma, Clemson, way better than the 1982 Oklahoma game or the 1984 PSU game. No game ever meant more!!!!!! Amazing accomplishment to go to Ames and win.:lm::lm::behindsofa::behindsofa:

atta boy!!

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can not believe the people who want to say IAST is a rival, they are one of the worst teams in football and have been for years. They should be to us what we were for PSU, a whipping boy. If you want a rival in the B12, aim a little higher, wanting IAST as a rival is like wanting Temple as your rival.........Marshall is a MUCH better team than IAST, if we REALLY are that desperate for a rival, lets go talk to Doc!!!!

Pick another team for us to play this week then.

Pitt scurried away to the basketball league and want no part of getting fisted in the arse by us anymore.
Just about everyone else has a rival game already, we have to make due with what we have and enjoy our mid season rival games and hope ISU gets their act together to make this game more meaningful for folks that don't like it as is.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pick another team for us to play this week then.

Pitt scurried away to the basketball league and want no part of getting fisted in the arse by us anymore.
Just about everyone else has a rival game already, we have to make due with what we have and enjoy our mid season rival games and hope ISU gets their act together to make this game more meaningful for folks that don't like it as is.
I think that if we have a rival in the B12 it is OSU, we will never be anyone's main rival, too many miles, and they have existing rivals, even IAST will always view IA as their rival over us. Strange how that works, huh, other schools, regardless of league, can keep their rivalries, but ours is gone.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes sir, beating that tough IAST team is way sweeter than beating Georgia, Oklahoma, Clemson, way better than the 1982 Oklahoma game or the 1984 PSU game. No game ever meant more!!!!!! Amazing accomplishment to go to Ames and win.:lm::lm::behindsofa::behindsofa:

Isn't every Mountaineer victory a great day to be a Mountaineer whether it is against the top or bottom team that we are playing? Didn't know we had to pick and choose which game makes it a great day to be a Mountaineer. As far as I'm concerned, everyday is a great day to be a Mountaineer because others just don't understand.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't every Mountaineer victory a great day to be a Mountaineer whether it is against the top or bottom team that we are playing? Didn't know we had to pick and choose which game makes it a great day to be a Mountaineer. As far as I'm concerned, everyday is a great day to be a Mountaineer because others just don't understand.

Indeed, then why the need from the quartet to put down former schedules and foes? We won a game today that we should have won.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marshall fills every seat.......

I DO agree with this, I would be ok with dropping the Liberty's of the world and playing the Herd this week in their place.
Packed house, good atmosphere and a near guaranteed win for WVU. Its not the BIG time game we would all like but, better than Towson,Liberty ect.. for the fans.
We could do the ISU game next week instead of being off.

Last edited by a moderator:

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that if we have a rival in the B12 it is OSU, we will never be anyone's main rival, too many miles, and they have existing rivals, even IAST will always view IA as their rival over us. Strange how that works, huh, other schools, regardless of league, can keep their rivalries, but ours is gone.

OSU is close I agree but that TCU series has been tough to beat imo as far as a good rival type of series. good games win or lose

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be totally fine with playing either Pitt or Marshall during rivalry week. An easy win at season's end would be sweet!

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indeed, then why the need from the quartet to put down former schedules and foes? We won a game today that we should have won.

Where did anybody do this? Who made the decision to discontinue the Brawl? Wasn't Luck. Luck asked them to play, they said - Nope!!! Place Marshall in this slot, if you really want a rivalry game. Not sure what value it adds to the schedule, but for those who must need a rivalry game because they feel left out during rivalry week, then there you have it.