• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Predict the Future

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only thing I see that I might change is having someone like Capuano or even Volquez in the bullpen as a long reliever unless the plan is essentially to have Withrow fill that role.

I really don't like that idea. Withrow has been very dominant as a reliever whereas Capuano and Volquez have virtually zero relief experience between them.

And count me in on the "Gordon over Hairston" bandwagon...at least in a playoff series (or 3!!... see what I did there?)

From what I am reading, the plan (assuming Kemp continues to knock off the rust) is to platoon Crawford and Ethier since Ethier hits RHP MUCH better than Crawford.

Yeah, I suppose it just depends. Crawford and Ethier are both pretty terrible against lefties, and if Scott Van Slyke is on the roster then I'm not against the idea of throwing him a start (although there's a huge cost/benefit to consider with offense and defense - he's just not as good out there in LF as Crawford). He could even be in with a short leash since Crawford and Ethier could very easily come in off a double-switch.

Old1949

Geriatric Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hairston v. Gordon question really makes no difference, as either one is going to see little to no playing time and is unlikely to affect the outcome. If I had to choose, I'd pick Hairston because he is more versatile.

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon's stolen base will be more useful than Hairston's popout to short

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hairston v. Gordon question really makes no difference, as either one is going to see little to no playing time and is unlikely to affect the outcome. If I had to choose, I'd pick Hairston because he is more versatile.

Hairston's versatily is on defense. This team has enough utility guys (Young, Schumaker, Punto, Van Slyke, Uribe) so Hairston isn't needed for that. You know he's batting in the .100s after the all star break, right?

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Roster Updated:

Starting Pitchers:
1. Clayton Kershaw
2. Zack Greinke
3. Hyun-Jin Ryu
4. Ricky Nolasco

Infield Starters:
5. Adrian Gonzalez, 1B
6. Mark Ellis, 2B
7. Hanley Ramirez, SS
8. Juan Uribe, 3B

Catchers:
9. A.J. Ellis
10. Tim Federowicz (back-up)

Outfielders:
11. Yasiel Puig
12. Skip Schumaker
13. Andre Ethier
14. Carl Crawford

Bench Reserves:
15. Michael Young, INF
16. Nick Punto, INF
17. Scott Van Slyke, 1B, OF
18. Dee Gordon, SS

Bullpen:
19. Chris Capuano
20. Chris Withrow
21. Kenley Jansen
22. Paco Rodriguez
23. JP Howell
24. Ronald Belisario
25. Brian Wilson

Removed Kemp, added Chris Capuano to bullpen.

BUDSFAULT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My picks:

Starting Pitchers:
1. Clayton Kershaw
2. Zack Greinke
3. Hyun-Jin Ryu
4. Ricky Nolasco

Infield Starters:
5. Adrian Gonzalez, 1B
6. Mark Ellis, 2B
7. Hanley Ramirez, SS
8. Juan Uribe, 3B

Catchers:
9. A.J. Ellis
10. Tim Federowicz (back-up)

Outfielders:
11. Yasiel Puig
12. Matt Kemp
13. Andre Ethier
14. Carl Crawford

Bench Reserves:
15. Michael Young, INF
16. Nick Punto, INF
17. Skip Schumaker, 2B, OF
18. Scott Van Slyke, 1B, OF
19. Dee Gordon, SS

Bullpen:
20. Chris Withrow
21. Kenley Jansen
22. Paco Rodriguez
23. JP Howell
24. Ronald Belisario
25. Brian Wilson

Apologies to Jerry Hairston, Jr.

Why apologize? He sucks and Gordon isn't any better. He may be fast but he isn't going to steal a big base. His lack of experience still plagues him.

I would prefer Castellanos over Gordon and Hairball. And give the Chinchilla's spot (K-emp) to Volquez.

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played ok since his recall actually

Defense will never be great, at least not at SS

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why apologize? He sucks and Gordon isn't any better. He may be fast but he isn't going to steal a big base. His lack of experience still plagues him.

I would prefer Castellanos over Gordon and Hairball. And give the Chinchilla's spot (K-emp) to Volquez.

Before he got hurt last year he was leading the league in steals.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, I will be surprised if Gordon doesn't make the team. Hairston is said to have a hurt back and even Mattingly had a comment about his lack of offense. Van Slyke has to make the roster because the Dodgers need a righty bat with the potential to hit for power and play OF.

The team simply does not need another utility infielder. They can always add one later if someone gets hurt.

Old1949

Geriatric Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dodgers will need a pinch runner for Ethier. In all likelihood, Gordon will make the roster for that purpose.

RudeSportsDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What future?

After all these years you have learned nothing from the curse of the traded catchers and still keep outsourcing this roster south of the border. You're not going to rebuild riding a horse like Puig who is so juiced up that it's a joke. Integrate this team evenly, take a page from the clubhouse scrapper trade block and stop trying to turn into the west coast Yankees.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After all these years you have learned nothing from the curse of the traded catchers and still keep outsourcing this roster south of the border. You're not going to rebuild riding a horse like Puig who is so juiced up that it's a joke. Integrate this team evenly, take a page from the clubhouse scrapper trade block and stop trying to turn into the west coast Yankees.

Please don't come here posting your garbage.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Integrate this team evenly"

What does that even mean? Can you be more specific about what the Dodgers should be doing differently?

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the clubhouse scrapper trade block? Could you elaborate?

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Intresting that Detroit is 2nd, i know they have great pitching, but that offense with Fat Boy fielder not providing much the last 2 post season's really hurts them. Who knows who their manager will be also ??

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the clubhouse scrapper trade block? Could you elaborate?

I believe that was a reference to the trades for Adrian Gonzalez, Carl Crawford, Nick Punto, Randy Choate, Skip Schumaker, Ricky Nolasco, and Hanley Ramirez.