• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Power Struggle in Boston

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kraft ain't goin' anywhere.....he's the owner, he writes the checks.
Brady ain't goin' anywhere....he's the catalyst that generates the electricity and success on the field.

Belichick is the third man out if there is truly a division and parting of the ways.

If you read the article, it's almost as if Wickersham was present for every single meeting between any of the three and was allowed to sit in and tape them. Problem is, the guy has never been inside the Gillette inner sactum. I've been in BB's office. I did some insurance work in BB's Ass't office and Nick Carserio's office on the third floor. There are no windows and the office door is solid steel with no window. There are no exterior windows. The office is not accessible without a special laser key.

MY guess is that Wickersham's piece is about 5% fact, 90% conjecture, and 5% bullshit.

LMFAO

Reactions: Yam

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other words...

Blockbuster.

No but much more. A quality veteran backup QB at reduced price and a kicker in the compensatory picks.

2nd round pick
Player
Money
Bonus in compensatory picks.

It isn't hard. Read it slowly. Get help with the big words

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else comfortable saying if the Pats win the SB this will be Brady's last. Not sure how anyone else feels but there are some things I am seeing that make me think TBs decline has begun.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahahaha

So he should have spent a high draft choice on somebody nobody would have drafted high or on somebody that wasn't on some teams draft boards?

Again...he was looking for a backup to his known product in Bledsoe, and got lucky.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No but much more. A quality veteran backup QB at reduced price and a kicker in the compensatory picks.

2nd round pick
Player
Money

I don't know if that compensatory thing is legit.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn dude you must have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night

Thanks but being smarter than the OP and the other resident haters here isn't hard... as you know.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The patriots got much more than a second round pick.

For one, they got Hoyer in the deal. The pats would not have traded Jimmy to the 49ers unless the 49ers agreed to RELEASE Hoyer as opposed to include him in the trade. The pats would have never traded Jimmy to the Browns (or any other team) bc nobody else could given them a back up QB they were comfortable with. Why did the pats insist that hoyer be released as opposed to included in the deal? Two reasons.

First, hoyer has guaranteed money left on his existing contract. By releasing hoyer the 49ers must pay him that money. If he had been included in the trade the pats would have had to pay it. Now, the pats can sign hoyer for less money bc part of his salary is being paid by the 49ers.

Second, by not including hoyer in the trade the pats don't get dinged on the compensatory pick formula that is done every year. Now I'm gonna pretend that I understand the formula, how it works, how hoyer not being traded affects that, etc but I did read that including hoyer in the deal would have adversely affected the pats in that formula therefore he was released.

So, the pats REALLY got a second round pick, a veteran backup QB that they are comfortable with at a reduced price for the next couple of years and a little bump in the compensatory pick formula.

They also had a dependable back up for four years. At 2nd round money. Even though the haters would claim he wasn't dependable because of his limited amount of time on the field.

They upgrade the draft position by about 20 spots.

Let's at least wait until after the draft to see what NE actually gets from the 2nd round pick. Shortly after the announcement of "The NE Patriots with the 41st/42nd pick of the 2018 draft have..." we can all read how it was a reach, or BB got fleeced. Plenty of time folks just wait a few more months.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks but being smarter than the OP and the other resident haters here isn't hard... as you know.
Very true and why I often back out of these long drawn out drama filled threads. I guess I am feel cantankerous today.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else comfortable saying if the Pats win the SB this will be Brady's last. Not sure how anyone else feels but there are some things I am seeing that make me think TBs decline has begun.

Totally agree....Him falling short will be even more interesting

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2nd round pick
Player
Money

Rationalize it however you want.

Could have had a deal with Cleveland last offseason and reaped a couple of Ones... henceforth expediting the next era of Patriots football... got this instead.

Enjoy your upcoming mediocrity.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im sure whatever that is, the league will see to it that the Pats benefit
Does the NY gang get to make those decisions?

I never thought I'd like anyone from NY. I'm starting to change my mind.

If the Giants keep Eli I'll like even more New Yawkers

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Could have had a deal with Cleveland last offseason and reaped a couple of Ones... henceforth expediting the next era of Patriots football... got this instead.

Well if they are Browns picks in relationship to the QB position was mediocrity a foregone conclusion?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Come on even the evil darth hoodie wouldn't vanish a team guy like JG to the Browns. Rumor is BB has a very small heart.

Rgeardless I could see BBs love of Cleveland :rolleyes2:and keeping him in the AFC makes more sense then trading to the NFC where he may see him once every four years:doh:BB knows JG will be a stud in this league.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Remember when the "pile of burnt rubble" beat the pats in their last meeting?

102306mcnabbpuking-011.gif

"Tied for best record in the league is a pile of burnt rubble"
- dumbasses

Tied with who?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does the NY gang get to make those decisions?

I never thought I'd like anyone from NY. I'm starting to change my mind.

If the Giants keep Eli I'll like even more New Yawkers

Why? Eli doesnt own much, but your team he does

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3