• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Post Your NFL Power Rankings After Week 1

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got the Browns ranked # 33.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree they don't look like a top-5 team but really you could put about 10 teams in that #5 spot with so many close wins. To me they get the #5 spot because of the past success and just trusting that with that defense and a QB like Wilson they will get things figured out.

I can see that line of thought, but on Sunday they looked well below the 5 slot.

And they'd have had a tough time against the big 3 as I see them, NE, GB and Pitt.

And Denver would have been chasing Wilson all over the field. His ankle better get better fast.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see that line of thought, but on Sunday they looked well below the 5 slot.

And they'd have had a tough time against the big 3 as I see them, NE, GB and Pitt.

And Denver would have been chasing Wilson all over the field. His ankle better get better fast.

Oh I agree. That OL looks terrible and the run game definitely looks like it took a step back without Lynch as a threat. The defense though should keep them in almost every game and Wilson just seems to have 4th quarter magic. It wouldn't surprise me this year though to see them struggle more than in years past. When you devote so little to the OL to protect your franchise player you quickly reap what you sow. The Colts learned that lesson last year.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I agree. That OL looks terrible and the run game definitely looks like it took a step back without Lynch as a threat. The defense though should keep them in almost every game and Wilson just seems to have 4th quarter magic. It wouldn't surprise me this year though to see them struggle more than in years past. When you devote so little to the OL to protect your franchise player you quickly reap what you sow. The Colts learned that lesson last year.

Agreed on the Oline, and Rawls may not be Lynch, but I love his violent running style...I think once they feel confident he is 100% healthy, he is gonna become a big part of that offense

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed on the Oline, and Rawls may not be Lynch, but I love his violent running style...I think once they feel confident he is 100% healthy, he is gonna become a big part of that offense

I'm not saying they don't still have a decent to good run game. Just I think the threat of Lynch taking off caused teams to hold back from really getting after Wilson as much. The Dolphins looked like they pinned their ears back a bit more and really wanted to make him uncomfortable. Now last year the Seahawks saw the OL improve as the season went along. I'm not as confident that happens this year or at least to the level it did last year. Honestly I'm just torn on them as a team. I see the talent on the defense and still see it as one of the top-3 units in the NFL. But I could see the offense really take a big step back.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He seems much more ready for prime time than Christine.....

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1.Broncos
2. Patriots
3. Panthers
4. Cardinals
5. Steelers
6. Packers
7. Hawks
8. Ravens
9. Jets
10. Jags

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well history speaking of course but Seattle's OL looks like crap the first few weeks then seem to gel at the right time!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well history speaking of course but Seattle's OL looks like crap the first few weeks then seem to gel at the right time!

I get that and yes they have come together more as the season goes on. Looking at this OL though this could be the worst group they have assembled. So going from terrible to bad while a step up still wouldn't be a good place to be. Maybe they get that big jump like in years past. Just have to wait and see.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that and yes they have come together more as the season goes on. Looking at this OL though this could be the worst group they have assembled. So going from terrible to bad while a step up still wouldn't be a good place to be. Maybe they get that big jump like in years past. Just have to wait and see.

Don't take me wrong I wouldn't have an issue with the OL never getting it together this year, :dhd:
but like I said, the group in the past has made big strides later on

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't take me wrong I wouldn't have an issue with the OL never getting it together this year, :dhd:
but like I said, the group in the past has made big strides later on

The big reason I see them struggling a bit more this year is just the lack of veterans along the OL. I could see some of these young guys with struggling early on struggling to ever get their confidence up to be a good OL player. We have seen in this league that young OL players just take much longer to develop than in years past.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmmm the Patriots win on the road against the Cardinals without Brady and Gronk and they slipped in the rankings?

pass that bong over here brother

whiskey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,001.01
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just look at that ESPN power ranking, and I'm confused AF. Packers struggle to beat the Jags (granted, I know they're a more talented team than last year.....) and go up 5 spots, and the Steelers whoop the shit out of the Skins, and DROP 2 spots? It's hard to even take this seriously when there's no understanding the criteria.

1. Patiots (Fuck Bill Belichik with a rusty tire iron. Like.....for real)
2. Steelers (I know it was the Redskins, but Pitt looked really good)
3. Packers (Jordy didn't look great, and the defense let Blake Bortles throw for 320 yards)
4. Panthers (A missed 47 yard field goal away from opening the season with a W on the super bowl champ's field)
5. Cardinals (Tough loss to Jimmy G, but they're one of the top teams in the top heavy NFC)
6. Broncos (I see some upward mobility here depending on the play of the young QB)
7. Seahawks (Without Lynch, Wilson has to prove without a doubt he can be "the man")

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just look at that ESPN power ranking, and I'm confused AF. Packers struggle to beat the Jags (granted, I know they're a more talented team than last year.....) and go up 5 spots, and the Steelers whoop the shit out of the Skins, and DROP 2 spots? It's hard to even take this seriously when there's no understanding the criteria.

1. Patiots (Fuck Bill Belichik with a rusty tire iron. Like.....for real)
2. Steelers (I know it was the Redskins, but Pitt looked really good)
3. Packers (Jordy didn't look great, and the defense let Blake Bortles throw for 320 yards)
4. Panthers (A missed 47 yard field goal away from opening the season with a W on the super bowl champ's field)
5. Cardinals (Tough loss to Jimmy G, but they're one of the top teams in the top heavy NFC)
6. Broncos (I see some upward mobility here depending on the play of the young QB)
7. Seahawks (Without Lynch, Wilson has to prove without a doubt he can be "the man")

Agreed, Jordy doesn't look like he's going to stretch a defense anytime soon. Meanwhile Janis is sleeping on the Bench with his 4.3 40 speed. The D gave up 150 yards that came on 1 screen for 40 3 passes vs our 4th CB for 60 and 2 passes deep on Rollins when he was cheating in looking in the backfield. I believe Josh Hawkins is better than Gunter, Rollins will learn from his mistakes and the screen pass has been a blunder for dandy Dom Capers ever since he arrived. Run D drastically improved as they went from ranked nearly last to first but it's only one game and AD is next and we'll really see how good we're as a Run D after that game.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team that looked the best in week one - Steelers. Then everybody else.