• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Post-Panda, Giants still active (it appears)

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed because that's exactly what Sandoval gives you.

Yep, Headley may be an almost-Panda at a much cheaper price. Get a decent LF and a starter and we make a run in 2015.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Toronto.

Melky Cabrera would be a good fit, but there's something about him that doesn't work for the Giants, I can't quite remember what it is. I wish someone here would post it.

Ya, that's going to be tough to overcome.

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see the FO spending big money on Lester or any big time free agent. I think Duffy showed just enough for them to go Duffy as their 1st option at third and I see them going dumpster diving for someone like Morse.

I wish they would go for it with Mocada(sp) but have Giants ever gone all out for the TOP foreign player available during the off season? I know they picked up Daniel Carbonel but he wasn't the top guy available and with the new rules limiting (lux type tax) money to pay foreign free agents he was a more affordable piece....not saying he couldn't turn out to be a top guy but if he was put in the draft in June he wouldn't be high 1st rounder and as such he is probably less than 50% to be something above average but it was a good gamble.

Basically I don't see the FO putting out big money to anyone this year.....I would have preferred to keep Panda for the post season reason.... and it could turn out well in the future but unless Cainer comes back very good next year I see the Giants only being within 5 to 10 (probably closer to 10) games of making the playoffs and it will take someone coming up as a starter (above average+) in the next year or 2 to keep them in a pennant race in the coming years.

The new rules limit amateur foreign free agents. They basically have to meet certain requirements in order to not have the spending limits. If they have played five seasons internationally, then they are just 'free agents', and not limited to the spending limits. (This, of course, is mainly for latin players, and generally for Cuban defectors. The rules for FA in Japan or Korea must be used to determine if a player from those countries is a FA or not.)

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Toronto.

Melky Cabrera would be a good fit, but there's something about him that doesn't work for the Giants, I can't quite remember what it is. I wish someone here would post it.

Here it is, just say no to 5 years for that trouble

"He was hurt by it, to be honest, Bochy said. The fact hesnot going to be here to help us, that hurts him.

Then Cabrera left the building. He was not present whenBochy addressed the club to inform them that the team would be without themajor leagues hits and runs leader for the remaining 45 games of the regular season. Cabreradid not say goodbye to many teammates"

Who in their right mind besides the Dodgers would pay Melk for 5 years? He back on the juice?