• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Post here if your team has played in at least 50 bowls

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course. Those vacated wins were asinine as hell.

My beef in general is how capricious they have been regarding vacated wins and forfeits. Both of those cases were complete bullshit in that regard. Like I said, fuck Myles Brand.
If you believe the players weren’t getting some cash from their friends you are crazy.

But the NCAA took it very easy on you considering I would much rather have games vacated rather than being stripped of scholarships. Especially considered it could have killed off a lot of this Bama dynasty.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you believe the players weren’t getting some cash from their friends you are crazy.

But the NCAA took it very easy on you considering I would much rather have games vacated rather than being stripped of scholarships. Especially considered it could have killed off a lot of this Bama dynasty.

I don’t know if they were or not, I just know it proffered no competitive advantage. Same with the tattoos.

As for them “taking it easy”, bullshit. Far worse transgressions haven’t been given vacated wins or forfeits. Brand got in his shots, but fortunately he isn’t around to do that shit anymore.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know if they were or not, I just know it proffered no competitive advantage. Same with the tattoos.

As for them “taking it easy”, bullshit. Far worse transgressions haven’t been given vacated wins or forfeits. Brand got in his shots, but fortunately he isn’t around to do that shit anymore.
Vacating wins is pretty much the weakest thing the NCAA can do as an actual punishment. I would much rather have games that have already been played forfeited rather than getting a bowl ban. Ask an Ohio State fan what hurt more over the tattoos, losing 11 wins or the fact that they received a post season ban that cost them a chance at not only a conference championship but possibly a national championship. If my choice is to forfeit 20 wins over two seasons or losing 5 scholarships the next two season, give me the forfeiture 10/10 times.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vacating wins is pretty much the weakest thing the NCAA can do as an actual punishment. I would much rather have games that have already been played forfeited rather than getting a bowl ban. Ask an Ohio State fan what hurt more over the tattoos, losing 11 wins or the fact that they received a post season ban that cost them a chance at not only a conference championship but possibly a national championship. If my choice is to forfeit 20 wins over two seasons or losing 5 scholarships the next two season, give me the forfeiture 10/10 times.

This was a university issue. Players misused university vouchers. There was no competitive advantage. The university was not complicit. I’m not seeing how that warranted ANY punishment.

You disagree, and that’s fine. But saying “cheated” is a stretch. If we “cheated”, we chose a really stupid way to do it. If I’m going to cheat, I’m going to make sure it comes with a real benefit on the field rather than someone’s friend getting a free textbook at my expense.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska was put on probation for selling textbooks to student athletes.

I don't think they had to forfeit any games though.

:2cents::2cents::2cents:

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This stat is meaningless. The Big Ten only allowed the conference champ in a bowl game up until 1975 and also did not allow a repeat Rose Bowl participant. Also, Notre Dame did not choose to play in a bowl game for a long period of time. But, if you want to jack each other off over a meaningless stat go ahead losers.
dr-evil-crying1.gif

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no