• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Post Here if your Team beat the opponent AND THE REFS Yesterday!!!

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because they won, Eagles able to laugh off unfairly officiated game

CHARLOTTE, N.C. — The Eagles were able to joke about it. They were able to laugh off the laughable disparity in penalty flags on Thursday night.

Because they won.

Despite the historic lopsided margin in penalty yards on Thursday Night Football, the Eagles were able to leave Bank of America Stadium with a 28-23 win over the Panthers.

But after the game, as the Eagles sat in the visitor's locker room, they didn't feel like they just beat the Panthers. They felt like they beat the refs too.

"That was crazy, man," defensive tackle Tim Jernigan said. "I don't know. The only thing we can do is be resilient, man, keep fighting. And just try to keep fighting through. You don't know what you're going to get thrown at you in this game."

The Eagles were penalized 10 times for 126 yards on Thursday night. The Panthers were penalized one time for one yard. The Panthers were flagged a couple more times but both penalties were declined by the Eagles.

Still, the disparity was historic.

It was the first time in NFL history one team had over 120 penalty yards while the other had less than 10.

"Ten to one," head coach Doug Pederson said with a smirk after the game. "Hey, it’s part of the game. We’ve got to do a better job. We’ve got to clean it up. Can’t have 10 penalties."

On Friday morning, Pederson said they will send clips to the league to seek clarification, a process they go through every week.

Thursday was the first time since 2007 the Eagles had been penalized for that many yards in a game and their 126 penalty yards were 12th most in franchise history. It was the first time since 2015 one of their opponents had just one penalty.

"We felt like a lot of those were ticky-tack, or weren’t good calls," safety Malcolm Jenkins said. "For us, adversity is nothing new for us. We just kind of strap up and keep playing, and hunker down. We continue to play aggressively, that is the biggest thing. We don’t want that to take away our aggression, or our ability to make plays. So we just go to the next play."

Coming into Thursday, the Eagles were well aware of which officiating crew would be throwing flags in Charlotte, Jenkins said. They likely knew them as the same crew that hit them for 14 penalties and 111 yards in Detroit last season, while flagging the Lions just twice for 18 yards.

In fact, the last four times Pete Morelli's crew has officiated an Eagles game it's been away from Lincoln Financial Field. The disparity in penalties is shocking. In those last four games, dating back to 2013, Morelli's crew has hit the Eagles with 40 penalties for 396 yards. Eagles opponents have been penalized eight times for 74 yards. Pederson said he does think the league is aware of the disparity.

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we all tend to remember the bad calls, and forget the good calls that went our way. It all averages out in the end.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

4:40 false start.

17:56 holding on your LT

18:25 holding on your RG

28:12 holding on your LT

:lm:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we all tend to remember the bad calls, and forget the good calls that went our way. It all averages out in the end.
The PAC refs give us a lot to remember :dhd:

pac12-refs-morons.jpg

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were screwed out of the game! I demand scalps! The Big 12 only calls holding on Texas, it was called like 4 times on us and only once on OU. This is bullshit, I can't wait to leave this conference!:pound:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Pac 12 refs are the only refs I wouldn't trade Big 12 refs for. You poor bastards.
Was it the Texas game they called roughing the passer on Porter Gustin.When he pulled up and did't touch the QB?I'll have to try to find the clip.Theres been some terrible calls against USC this year.But bad calls are part of the game.Maybe more frequently in the PAC but it is what it is.After a while you just gotta laugh.The RRSO was a great game fwiw.I can't take anything away from either side.I thought y'all played a great game.

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it the Texas game they called roughing the passer on Porter Gustin.When he pulled up and did't touch the QB?I'll have to try to find the clip.Theres been some terrible calls against USC this year.But bad calls are part of the game.Maybe more frequently in the PAC but it is what it is.After a while you just gotta laugh.The RRSO was a great game fwiw.I can't take anything away from either side.I thought y'all played a great game.

There were several shitty calls in the USC game. Don't mind OU fans, they are trying to find a reason for the last 3 games. It's easier to look outward than inward. :dhd:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were several shitty calls in the USC game. Don't mind OU fans, they are trying to find a reason for the last 3 games. It's easier to look outward than inward. :dhd:
The one I'm looking for was actually against Stanford.He heard the whistle last minute and barely brushed Chryst.Gustin actually told the ref to blow the whistle harder next time :L I get looking for a reason SC has struggled too.And I agree you can't put it on the refs. I aid it earlier this year Texas is progressing.Gotta give them credit.Both teams played a great game point blank imo

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And here I thought we won because we scored more points than Texas.

You did, but somehow some of your buddies are shocked our crappy Big 12 officials didn't call holding on us but 3 or 4 times when we held probably a good 10-15 times. It's been going on for a decade in this league. Gotta keep those offenses humming. It's bullshit, but I look at it as part of the game at this point. I'm actually shocked when they do call holding.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penalties are a part of the game. All I know is when the replayed showed the calls they were deserved. Did the refs miss some? Probably. But they do so in every game. In the end the only thing that matters is who puts the most points on the scoreboard. We did.

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...much to the officials' dismay.

Let me ask you something...did you watch the Baylor game?

Did you just start watching Big 12 conference games this year? I mean, which OU game this year have you not observed multiple missed holding calls?

You're kind of sounding like a bitch right now. Like I said, when you get a consistent fucking like we did against Oklahoma St 2 years ago, then I'll feel bad for you. Or you get fucked like Iowa St did against us a couple years ago.

The Big 12 is completely consistent about not calling holding, maybe your Oline coach should pay attention? :noidea:

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If your team is getting called for a lot penalties, evidently you ain't doing it right...look at Michigan...took an overtime to beat Indiana, meanwhile OU took care of business.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just remember, it isn't the number of times you get a penalty that hurts, it whether or not you can play on to make up for it. Texas was able to after stupid OU penalties, and OU responded. End of discussion.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you just start watching Big 12 conference games this year? I mean, which OU game this year have you not observed multiple missed holding calls?

You're kind of sounding like a bitch right now. Like I said, when you get a consistent fucking like we did against Oklahoma St 2 years ago, then I'll feel bad for you. Or you get fucked like Iowa St did against us a couple years ago.

The Big 12 is completely consistent about not calling holding, maybe your Oline coach should pay attention? :noidea:
Ok cocksucking p3doph1le.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas fans pretend it didn't happen to make themselves feel better about the outcome.

It's cute.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penalties are a part of the game. All I know is when the replayed showed the calls they were deserved. Did the refs miss some? Probably. But they do so in every game. In the end the only thing that matters is who puts the most points on the scoreboard. We did.
You are correct in the end result is the goal.

But how many times were drives extended when they shouldn't have been? Or potentially stopped when they shouldn't have been?

All of this miscellany doesn't mean much when the final quarter is over, but it can crush a team's resolve if they feel they can't catch a break. It can affect the outcome of games, and careers.

I'm ok if you don't feel the same way. No biggie.