• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Possible Royal Rumble main event?

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Sorry. This is too big for the Smackdown thread...

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It's in a 60,000 plus seat venue in his home town. He's also been "helping out" at the performance center the past few months. This is either hard core trolling on AJs part or a match is going down.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd shit myself if this happened

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally do not want to see it. Shawn was my #2 favorite wrestler growing up, and he clearly was not the same at the end of his career. If he can't be the high-flying show stopper, then I do not want to see him in a ring again.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I personally do not want to see it. Shawn was my #2 favorite wrestler growing up, and he clearly was not the same at the end of his career. If he can't be the high-flying show stopper, then I do not want to see him in a ring again.
Michaels wasnt in his absolute athletic prime towards the end of his WWE run but his matches were as good as ever

The retirement match against UT at WM 26 is considered a classic and a lot of people consider their match at 25 the best in WWE/F history.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's still better than most of the roster. Plus AJ can do the heavy lifting in the match. Angle has said AJ is the easiest guy to work with in the ring.

I get people not wanting Michaels to risk his legacy but I have no doubt in front of that crowd, against that opponent in that atmosphere the match will be amazing.

For what it's worth none of the dirtsheet guys are putting out a definitive report on this

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what it's worth none of the dirtsheet guys are putting out a definitive report on this

Actually I messaged PWInsider about this and then they put this up on their site:

While that match would be amazing, especially in San Antonio (Michaels' hometown the site of the 2017 Royal Rumble), there's no word that a match between AJ Styles and Shawn Michaels is actually being planned by WWE, Styles tweeting the artwork (which we are told was made by a fan) certainly is newsworthy though.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not to get too Lawyerly on dirtsheet reports but I consider that ambiguous enough to not be definitive. "No word" on something happening is different than hearing there's no truth to the rumor or we've heard Michaels plans to stay retired.

I know Cena gives cryptic messages on his Instagram, but I don't think there's any precedent for a wrestler in the WWE using social media to spread this type of rumor if it was completely false.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

AJ Styles made fucking James Ellsworth look like a star. I'm sure he'd do a very good job protecting HBK and making him look similar to the prime HBK

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AJ Styles made fucking James Ellsworth look like a star. I'm sure he'd do a very good job protecting HBK and making him look similar to the prime HBK
I'm sure he could, but we all know that Styles will be the winner in the end. There is nothing to gain by HBK wrestling again, IMO. AJ is already over, so I just don't see the point of him going over HBK.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm sure he could, but we all know that Styles will be the winner in the end. There is nothing to gain by HBK wrestling again, IMO. AJ is already over, so I just don't see the point of him going over HBK.
I'm trying to stay away from dream match hyperbole, but there's an argument ( at the very least top 5) it's the two greatest to step foot in a WWF/E ring facing off in the retired veteran's hometown. I'm all about the protecting the new era but I wouldn't lose sleep if AJ put Michaels over so he has momentum for a WM match.

AJ trolling this match taking place if it's not actually happening would cement his place as a true heel so either way it's a win/win scenario.