• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Possible Bengals Draft Picks

augustisback003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
With the recent signings of former Bengals Michael Johnson and Pat Sims to bolstering the D-line the team's biggest need now appears to be resolved and the front office may opt to employ the best player available strategy with this year's 1st Round pick. With a number of major contributors set to become free agents next season the team my choose to think ahead an tab their eventual replacement. With that in mind here are a list of players who's contracts are set to expire and the draft prospects the Bengals could could select to replace them.

Offensive Tackles
2016 Free Agents- Andrew Whitworth, Andre Smith, Eric Winston
Draft Prospects- Ereck Flowers, T.J. Clemmings, La'el Collins, D.J. Humphries

With both starting tackles set to become free agents next season and with age and injury becoming an issue in addition to this year's draft being filled with quality prospects the Bengals may choose to draft Andy Dalton's future body guard. **Bengals conduct private workout with D.J. Humphries**

Wide Receiver
2016 Free Agents- A.J. Green, Mohamed Sanu, Marvin Jones
Draft Prospects- Jaelen Strong, Devin Smith, Dorial Green-Beckham, Phillip Dorsett

Another position where all the team's starters are set to hit free agency and finding their replacements may become the focal point of this year's draft. Considering the mega contract AJ Green is expected to sign its doubtful both Sanu and Jones will both be re-signed.

Cornerback
2016 Free Agents- Leon Hall, Dre Kirkpatrick, Adam-Pacman Jones
Draft Prospects- Trae Waynes, Marcus Peters, Kevin Johnson, Jalen Collins

Oddly, yet another position where all the starters are set to become free agents next season. With Hall's $9 million cap number and declining skills its a 50-50 proposition that he's even on the final roster so the Bengals may opt to use the draft to find his replacement.

Safety
2016 Free Agents- Reggie Nelson, George Iloka, Shiloh Keo
Draft Prospects- Landon Collins

Ok, I'm starting to notice a trend here. With this being a weak field this year, with the only prospect with a 1st round grade being Collins, the Bengals may opt to re-sign their starters or look towards free agency for a replacement.

Linebackers
2016 Free Agents- Emmanuel Lamur, Vincent Rey, Chris Carter, Jayson Dimanche, Nico Johnson
Draft Prospects-Vic Beasley, Eli Harold, Bud Dupree, Denzel Perryman, Eric Kendricks

With Vontaze Burfict's uncertain health and lack of production from the position the Bengals may decide to use the 21st pick to add speed and athleticism to the group if one of the elite prospects are still available.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not be surprised to see the Bengals try and drop down a few slots and pick up yet another 3rd rounder, or maybe a late 2nd rounder.

I think OL is the clear front runner, if the guy(s) they want for OL are gone, then I could see them trading out.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bengals shouldn't be allowed to have 1st and 2nd round picks. they can't afford to pay them as they are a bazillion dollars over the cap anyhow.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bengals shouldn't be allowed to have 1st and 2nd round picks. they can't afford to pay them as they are a bazillion dollars over the cap anyhow.
And the first rounders don't play

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of a sudden, CB Marcus Peters, seems like the most likely draft pick.

He is the 3rd rated corner that is lower on the board because of his getting in trouble. We have good solid young corners, he wouldn't be required to play early or ever really LOL.

Cornerback Marcus Peters: 'I know I'm the best guy in the draft'

We found our new gunner! Sign him up!

Kidding aside. I like Peters. Could become the best CB on the team if he has his head screwed on right.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We found our new gunner! Sign him up!

Kidding aside. I like Peters. Could become the best CB on the team if he has his head screwed on right.

Oh, I completely agree. However, that just seems like a Cincinnati first round pick. Marvin likes his CB's in a pass heavy league, he may be the best corner in the draft if not for the mental lapses in judgement, and we don't need him to play right away. Just seems like a match made in heaven, and one we could be happy with eventually, but be maddening to start our draft with other needs still available at that slot.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I completely agree. However, that just seems like a Cincinnati first round pick. Marvin likes his CB's in a pass heavy league, he may be the best corner in the draft if not for the mental lapses in judgement, and we don't need him to play right away. Just seems like a match made in heaven, and one we could be happy with eventually, but be maddening to start our draft with other needs still available at that slot.

I think you're right. It doesn't matter who we pick in the 1st round, they won't see the field in 2015. Just the way we roll. And honestly I don't expect Kirkpatrick to resign here next year. So Peters and Dennard would be the the presumed future starters. Peters, like you said, is the best CB in the draft. Once he completes his internship on special teams he'd quite a pickup. Long term impact player.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marvin has said repeatedly that he thinks starting NFL corners are likely to come from the first round. He's obviously a big believer in this philosophy given that 1/3 of his 1st rounders have been corners and his favorite free agent targets are former first round corners.