• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Playoff superstitions

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all know that a lot of hockey players are superstitious to some degree.

As fans are there and superstitions or even rituals that you have when your favorite team is in the playoffs or even regular season games?

Don't be shy just say it.

I have a few.... I put my remote for the TV in the same spot along with what ever I am drinking. I do NOT eat during the game, before is OK but not during the game.

My wife used to laugh at me because she would say "trust me whatever you do in this living room has no bearing on the outcome of the game" Well logically this is true but I did them anyway.

Just curious to see what others do.

DerringerEagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
My opinion is and has always been that players in pro sports who are superstitious are those who are afraid of failure. Believing that excessive facial hair or the same colour socks affect the result of a hockey game is just plain silly.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only "superstition" I have is that on game day, I always wear a Flyers t-shirt. Even at work under my polo's or button downs.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wear the Flyers hat I bought this year when I went to the Wild/Flyers game (which we lost). It's not really helping, but whatever.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion is and has always been that players in pro sports who are superstitious are those who are afraid of failure. Believing that excessive facial hair or the same colour socks affect the result of a hockey game is just plain silly.

True DE but it does happen. Obviously nothing like that will change or influence the outcome of the game. It's just curiosity on my part wondering what players and fans do and why they do it.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it's obvious my superstitions have not work for the Bills or Sabres over the years even tho I still do them.

Maybe I should do the opposite.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only "superstition" I have is that on game day, I always wear a Flyers t-shirt. Even at work under my polo's or button downs.

Damn you Tox! Did you do that when the Flyers beat the Sabres in 75? Grrrrrrrrr !

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always tested how well the Pens and Steelers do when I am either watching, listening or neither. If they seem to do better when I listen on the radio or from another room, I dont go in and watch. Sometimes I get so pissed off I leave altogether and sometimes they do better when I m not around a tv or radio. I dont really believe it has anything to do with what my dumb ass is doing, but I still do it? I think its just nerves more than anything maybe?

quoipourquoi

Did Not Fuck Leesha/Sarah
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"If you believe you're playing well because you're getting laid, or because you're not getting laid, or because you wear women's underwear, then you are."

- Bull Durham

No jerseys until facing elimination. Then jerseys on every game day.

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And how's that been working out for the Leafs?

What's left of the beard (admittedly a small goatee and thin mustache) is coming off tonight. Took it off after Game 3 of the Bruins series, and after Game 3 of the Habs series. Every minute of my day is thinking about what I did right and where I sinned against the Flyers. I'm basically a Roman Catholic when it comes to the hockey gods and playoff hockey.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn you Tox! Did you do that when the Flyers beat the Sabres in 75? Grrrrrrrrr !

lol Naaa, just in the last 10 or so years.

75 was a long time ago, but it sure was sweet!! :)

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What chair am I sitting in? Is my hat forwards or backwards? Should I go to the bar where my team is 2-1 or where they are 0-3?

Fan superstitions are pure lunacy, but the bastion of the true fan.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a goalie, so I need an Oracle database to keep track of my superstitions...

If I eat a certain meal and my team does well, I tend to eat that a lot until they falter. The Sens run to the finals was fueled (in my mind) by Hamburger Helper.

I had more Buffalo Wings than any human should consume when the Colts won the Super Bowl a few years back.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had more Buffalo Wings than any human should consume when the Colts won the Super Bowl a few years back.
Danger Will Robinson, that does not compute!

knumbe

Rodent of Unusual Size
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I cannot watch any of the intermission reports. I leave the room or call my brother in WA and talk about the game or something...I just don't do the intermissions.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot watch any of the intermission reports. I leave the room or call my brother in WA and talk about the game or something...I just don't do the intermissions.

Hey knumbe good to see you here man !! I look at the swamp every now and then and just shake my head at some of the crap over there.

I am sure you will like it here much better.

knumbe

Rodent of Unusual Size
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hey knumbe good to see you here man !! I look at the swamp every now and then and just shake my head at some of the crap over there.

I am sure you will like it here much better.

HEY HEY Bossman!! Good to see ya. Yeah, the marshes are everywhere, and I actually got snapped at by a gator last week while on a walk. Nothing like almost getting eaten by nature! My god it's hot here...I need to get back into the Southern summer thing. I became too northernized..lol

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HEY HEY Bossman!! Good to see ya. Yeah, the marshes are everywhere, and I actually got snapped at by a gator last week while on a walk. Nothing like almost getting eaten by nature! My god it's hot here...I need to get back into the Southern summer thing. I became too northernized..lol
lol, I hope you realize that the "swamp" is what we call the other board ;)