• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Playing stupid

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll I would say it won't be long till the Reds are sitting alone in last place . Brewers are starting to win some games

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is toast. Pitching is a disaster right now. When Leake is your #2 guy, you know there are issues of epic proportions. Think about the insanity here in the front office: Get rid of Latos and Simon and put your eggs in the basket of DeSclafani and Homer Bailey. The former has proven nothing and Bailey stays injured and was always inconsistent. WTF were these guys thinking? If you were building for the future, you should have shipped out these losers who NEVER get a hit in scoring situations. Front Office is to blame in this train wreck because they set this team up to lose 90-100 games before the first pitch was thrown.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of events have conspired to make the fans believe one thing, the front office another, and the rest of the world still something else.

First off, Votto's MVP year in the 2010 miracle run led us to believe he is one of the league's premier hitters. As I watch him now, I think that was established as a working myth. He's NOT one of the league's elite hitters. He may think he is. But he's a fraud.

Second, in 2010, a lot of production came from a couple of marginal guys -- Gomes and Orlando Cabrera. The 'experts' over at Red Reporter all detested these guys because almost anybody could be better. Truth was, not ANY of the people brought in to replace those two have been better.

We are still looking for a LEFT FUCKING FIELDER who can hit. EIGHT GODDAMNED YEARS to find the one position player who only needs to hang around the batting cage to get better.

The 2011 downturn should have proven something. We ignored it because ... well, 2012.

Todd Frazier emerged and all we needed was a leadoff guy.

Votto came back and fooled us again.

The pitching was almost perfect. Everybody was signed. Nowhere to go but up.

These players are NOT the best players in the league. They compare nicely because -- in our minds -- we have forced ourselves to justify it. We have been brainwashed into believing this team is good enough once they decide to play better.

The numbers have not lied. We, the fans, have lied to ourselves. The front office is clueless and the product on the field is mediocre when it plays well. It's terrible otherwise. Batting averages of .212 in the everyday lineup are an insult. A backup catcher hitting in the 2 spot is an insult. The LEADOFF guy was the worst offensive player in the league in 2014. He changed his stance and by the middle of June, the league will have studied Cozart, will consistently get him out and ... Price will be fucked again without a leadoff guy because his model, Billy Hamilton, forgot to learn how to bunt. Price fixed that by taking him down to the 8 spot. He still can't bunt.

Leading off now: Probably Bryan Pena.

Marlon Byrd whipped up on some shitty Atlanta and Milwauk-me pitching and has solidified his 200 strikeouts in left field. Bruce got 4 hits in a series. He's locked in now for HIS 200 strikeouts.

But we have Kris Negron and a bullpen that now includes Sam LeSickness, who is better than Beatmehop.

This pitching staff is fucked with Marquis now on the ledge. We got who that's better?

A couple of rookies and DeSclafani, who was penciled into the rotation about 2 minutes after he was obtained in a trade.

But we have Genio Suarez learning how to play SS at Lousyville.

Trade Cueto? Who fucking cares?

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wondered how long it would take Price to shove Phillips back into the leadoff spot.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the Mesoraco "decision" was delayed until the interleague games were over, so he could DH...wasn't he supposed to be the cleanup hitter this year, and Price had him hitting 7th the other day...and not in the lineup last night ?

WTF is up with that ?

Whole lot of head scratching decisions going on, or they've got issues they're keeping secret. I saw that Cueto was not going to pitch on his normal day, without any reasons. Hmmmm.