• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Player Values

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need an opinion on these guys value in a dynasty H2H categories league.
Bryce Harper, Giancarlo Stanton, Miguel Cabrera, Jon Lester, Joc Pederson & Nick Castellanos.

Comes down to this trade offer:
Harper, Pederson & Lester for
Cabrera, Stanton & Castellanos.

Thoughts?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryce Harper, Giancarlo Stanton, Miguel Cabrera, Jon Lester, Joc Pederson & Nick Castellanos.

Thoughts?

Boy that's tough. I prefer the Lester/Harper side.

But it is a pretty good and fair trade.

Dynasty or not I don't think it matters here since you are dealing with young players and older players equally on both sides.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thoughts?
Second one has a tick more value to me. Mostly on account of the first trio having two outfielders.

I'm not huge on Castellanos or anything, but his production should be pretty close to Peterson while at a position with 1/4-1/3 of the options.

But it'd be hard for me to invest in Stanton. He's brittle at best.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Second one has a tick more value to me. Mostly on account of the first trio having two outfielders.

I'm not huge on Castellanos or anything, but his production should be pretty close to Peterson while at a position with 1/4-1/3 of the options.

But it'd be hard for me to invest in Stanton. He's brittle at best.

Good stuff
peanut-brittle.jpg.cf.jpg

I would go with the second group, but I prefer to keep hitters over pitchers in keeper leagues.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanton's health is the only thing worth mentioning here.

If you are optimistic he plays 150 games, I think that side wins.

Long term, it's the Harper side I guess.... but the Pederson bust effect is as high as the Stanton injury effect. Lester probably has a couple years left in the tank.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good stuff
peanut-brittle.jpg.cf.jpg

I would go with the second group, but I prefer to keep hitters over pitchers in keeper leagues.
I think Lesters value will never be higher.

Much rather move on a slumping known commodity during the season.

We need to start a baseball dynasty league...

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lesters value will never be higher.

Much rather move on a slumping known commodity during the season.

We need to start a baseball dynasty league...

Now would be the time, but we need 12 and it is getting harder and harder to find them in baseball.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now would be the time, but we need 12 and it is getting harder and harder to find them in baseball.

Not to mention, TKO, Chef and I are already in a hardcore dynasty...

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can I get an opinion on Lorenzo Cain's and Carlos Rodon's dynasty league value?

I have a wealth of starting pitching and I'm extremely thin in the OF.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like Rodon's dynasty value. Still young and he started to pitch really well down the stretch. I'm not a big fan of Cain although he is usually decent in a lot of categories.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess I would need to know a little more... What is your wealth of pitching look like?? lots of times people think they are strong when they are really not... also need to know how many owners and how many OF to start and pitching spots...

But overall Cain is a nice player, but his upside is not really there... he will be a top 30 OF, but not much more...

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I would need to know a little more... What is your wealth of pitching look like?? lots of times people think they are strong when they are really not... also need to know how many owners and how many OF to start and pitching spots...

But overall Cain is a nice player, but his upside is not really there... he will be a top 30 OF, but not much more...

This is a 20-team league. 4 OFers. 9 pitching slots, which can be for relievers or starters. Saves/Holds is the reliever category so I can stock up on setup guys and be okay.

I have Kluber, Porcello, Straily, Alex Cobb, Iwakuma, and Rodon. My current OF is Gomez, Piscotty, Sean Rodriguez, and Benintendi assuming he's opening in Boston, and Angel Pagan who doesn't have a job.

I'm not huge on Cain, but there isn't much out there on the trade market right now. I would rather have Justin Upton from his team, but he want's Kluber instead.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Rodon's dynasty value. Still young and he started to pitch really well down the stretch. I'm not a big fan of Cain although he is usually decent in a lot of categories.

Yeah I think he's poised for a breakout soon. But the risk is there, and his value is still pretty high (or so I thought, but maybe not so much yet)

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a 20-team league. 4 OFers. 9 pitching slots, which can be for relievers or starters. Saves/Holds is the reliever category so I can stock up on setup guys and be okay.

I have Kluber, Porcello, Straily, Alex Cobb, Iwakuma, and Rodon. My current OF is Gomez, Piscotty, Sean Rodriguez, and Benintendi assuming he's opening in Boston, and Angel Pagan who doesn't have a job.

I'm not huge on Cain, but there isn't much out there on the trade market right now. I would rather have Justin Upton from his team, but he want's Kluber instead.

If he wants Kluber, at least that is an easy NO!!!!>>>!>>!>>!

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

20 team league is deep, Piscotty and Benintendi I think is a great start, so I don't think you need a OF... I am sure there is a draft coming too maybe you can get a decent OF there...

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20 team league is deep, Piscotty and Benintendi I think is a great start, so I don't think you need a OF... I am sure there is a draft coming too maybe you can get a decent OF there...

Plus I have Clint Fraizer in my minor leagues roster.