• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Play in games

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The concept is fine with me. I understand that it's just more money for the NCAA. But their execution is shit.

Why penalize small schools who are going to get crushed anyway? For many of them, getting beat by 35 points to Duke is the highlight of their year. They should take their last 4 in/out and have them be the play in games. Take the winners and make them 12/13 seeds. This way, it gives meaning to being a bubble team and penalizes them for being one. If they're pissed at being in a play in game, too damn bad. Just win and don't worry about it.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The concept is fine with me. I understand that it's just more money for the NCAA. But their execution is shit.

Why penalize small schools who are going to get crushed anyway? For many of them, getting beat by 35 points to Duke is the highlight of their year. They should take their last 4 in/out and have them be the play in games. Take the winners and make them 12/13 seeds. This way, it gives meaning to being a bubble team and penalizes them for being one. If they're pissed at being in a play in game, too damn bad. Just win and don't worry about it.

Two of the play-in games are between 12/13 seeds. Two of them are between two teams from bad conferences that usually had a bad regular season. But, yeah, if all the play-in games were for the 12/13 seeds i don't think anyone would get that upset. I'd like to see the play-in games for the 12/13 seeds to be between a power conference and mid-major instead of Kentucky/UNC and St. Marys/Charlotte.

Also, I don't think the highlights of teams seasons are losing to Duke by 35, they celebrate winning their conference tournament, it just happens that their "reward" is a beatdown by one of the top teams.