• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pistons fire Frank

dacey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a move that was widely expected, the Pistons have fired Lawrence Frank as head coach after two years. In recent years GM Joe Dumars has rapidly gone through coaches, the next coach will be their fifth in seven years. :gaah:

On the positive, Joe Dumars hasnt been afraid to admit he has made a mistake and made a change. On the negative, he keeps making mistakes in his choice of coaches, or at least his hand-picked coaches havent worked out for the Pistons. With the young and developing talent on the Pistons some stability is needed.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though it was expected, I'm still kind of surprised. This was not an easy job coming in, and I think Frank did ok for the first 2 years, all things considered. Remember what a mess the team became with Kuester? I like what the team showed once Drummond returned and started with Monroe. I would have liked to see Frank get one more year to see if the gelling continues. This move was not necessary like the Kuester and Curry firings were.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though it was expected, I'm still kind of surprised. This was not an easy job coming in, and I think Frank did ok for the first 2 years, all things considered. Remember what a mess the team became with Kuester? I like what the team showed once Drummond returned and started with Monroe. I would have liked to see Frank get one more year to see if the gelling continues. This move was not necessary like the Kuester and Curry firings were.

Everyone likes what the team is with Monroe and Drummond starting together. That is why everyone but Frank was crying for it to happen about 2 weeks into the season once we had seen the kid. The fact that it took so long is likely a significant factor to why he is gone.

Maybe Gores will finally tell Joe that he has to find a way to work with Laimbeer as coach. He would be great for the job. I've been calling for him since Flip was coach. Maybe if the rumors that Hunter is out in the land of the sun he can come on as an assistant too.

Saturnmane

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We wont have a winning culture until Laimbeer is our coach. We need an identity and Laimbeer will give us one. Dumars as GM and Lamb as the coach....BAD BOYZ!!!