• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pirates fans have gone insane

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ask Bucs Dugout: Should the Pirates trade for Paul Goldschmidt and Cole Hamels? - Bucs Dugout

Some of them think they can trade for Goldschmidt. Do they realize that he is probably the most untouchable player in baseball. Not only that, he is probably the most untouchable player in Diamondbacks history. To be even more honest, he is probably one of the most untouchable players in Arizona sports history. More untouchable than Steve Nash in his prime on the Phoenix Suns. I would not even trade Goldschmidt for the entire Pirates team and their farm system. I am blown away this is even a discussion anywhere.

Goldschmidt should have won the MVP two years ago but the Diamondbacks were a .500 team so they gave it to McCutchen even though Goldschmidt's numbers blew his away. Then he was on pace for MVP last year before THE PIRATES hit him with a pitch and broke his hand. Now Goldschmidt is neck in neck with Harper for MVP this year. Oh yeah, let's trade a 27 year old perennial MVP candidate who is signed through 2019 for 32 million dollars and give him up for some highly rated prospects. Give me a break. It legitimately makes no sense why this is even an article. Plus the writer of the article actually had the gall to say Goldschmidt's best seasons are already behind him because he is 27. Are you crazy? He keeps getting better every year and is just entering his prime. This is only his fourth full season in the league. Why someone would ever think his best seasons are behind him is a joke. He ain't 37. He is 27. Sorry but some people have absolutely no business writing sports articles.

They didn't though, Goldschmidt 156 wRC+, McCutchen 155 wRC+, and McCutchen played CF not 1B, many levels up the defensive spectrum.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't though, Goldschmidt 156 wRC+, McCutchen 155 wRC+, and McCutchen played CF not 1B, many levels up the defensive spectrum.

But...but Goldschmidt is a PERENNIAL MVP candidate!

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 5 position player in the NL is probably a fair assessment of Goldschmidt.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goldschmidt should have won the MVP two years ago but the Diamondbacks were a .500 team so they gave it to McCutchen

You're comparing the straight up numbers of a CF to a 1B without taking into account positional differences. Not very logical...

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 5 position player in the NL is probably fair assessment of Goldschmidt.

Yep. Maybe even in MLB.

I'd love it if he were an Indian, but if I had my choice of any player in the majors to go to the Tribe, it wouldn't be him.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're comparing the straight up numbers of a CF to a 1B without taking into account positional differences. Not very logical...

You surprised? He used that in his Harper comparison as well.

The first step here would be all of us explaining to him that each position in baseball has a different degree of difficulty.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is untouchable but If I had to guess the most "least likely to be moved" player Id say it's Kershaw imo

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ask Bucs Dugout: Should the Pirates trade for Paul Goldschmidt and Cole Hamels? - Bucs Dugout

Some of them think they can trade for Goldschmidt. Do they realize that he is probably the most untouchable player in baseball. Not only that, he is probably the most untouchable player in Diamondbacks history. To be even more honest, he is probably one of the most untouchable players in Arizona sports history. More untouchable than Steve Nash in his prime on the Phoenix Suns. I would not even trade Goldschmidt for the entire Pirates team and their farm system. I am blown away this is even a discussion anywhere.

Goldschmidt should have won the MVP two years ago but the Diamondbacks were a .500 team so they gave it to McCutchen even though Goldschmidt's numbers blew his away. Then he was on pace for MVP last year before THE PIRATES hit him with a pitch and broke his hand. Now Goldschmidt is neck in neck with Harper for MVP this year. Oh yeah, let's trade a 27 year old perennial MVP candidate who is signed through 2019 for 32 million dollars and give him up for some highly rated prospects. Give me a break. It legitimately makes no sense why this is even an article. Plus the writer of the article actually had the gall to say Goldschmidt's best seasons are already behind him because he is 27. Are you crazy? He keeps getting better every year and is just entering his prime. This is only his fourth full season in the league. Why someone would ever think his best seasons are behind him is a joke. He ain't 37. He is 27. Sorry but some people have absolutely no business writing sports articles.

ZOMG CONSPIRACY!!!

Seriously, you're a homer.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name me someone more untouchable because I would not trade him for Trout or Harper. Do not forget that Goldschmidt is also a gold glover. Look at Goldschmidt's career numbers too. It is not like this year is a fluke. This is the third straight year he is having an MVP caliber season.

He's a Gold Glover at perhaps the least important/valuable defensive position.

I don't think you're in a position to call anyone insane with the nonsense you've posted in this thread.