• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pinstripe Bowl

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should kill Pittsburgh and Navy too

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All four losses have Tommy turnover tied to them that is about all you can say.

Lillyliverd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see ND losing intensity in practices with Rutgers on the calender. I don't know how much the ND players will give a shit about the Pinstripe. On paper we should kill Rutgers but this will be a big game in Rutgers' eyes. Rutgers will practice hard and play their guts out. I expect a win but I think ND will play to Rutgers' level and play just well enough to get the win.
Shit bowl game versus a crap opponent. Not much upside, but a big downside if we lose.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see ND losing intensity in practices with Rutgers on the calender. I don't know how much the ND players will give a shit about the Pinstripe. On paper we should kill Rutgers but this will be a big game in Rutgers' eyes. Rutgers will practice hard and play their guts out. I expect a win but I think ND will play to Rutgers' level and play just well enough to get the win.
Shit bowl game versus a crap opponent. Not much upside, but a big downside if we lose.

We will see what kind of motivator Kelly is.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'm sure Notre Dame's seniors would like to go out with a bowl win.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will see what kind of motivator Kelly is.

I thought we have seen it ... many times over. And the prospect doesn't look pretty. ND has had a history of playing flat or 'down to opponents' of this caliber under BK's regime. Let's hope he can suprise me this time.

GO IRISH!!!!

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought we have seen it ... many times over. And the prospect doesn't look pretty. ND has had a history of playing flat or 'down to opponents' of this caliber under BK's regime. Let's hope he can suprise me this time.

GO IRISH!!!!

I am not one of these knee-jerk guys that hates all things Kelly. He does get some things right and he does know how to build a program. I think he does lack, and would proably admit to as much, the fire-in-the belly type leadership. I have heard him in many interviews saying he expects the leadership to come from within, meaning he wants players to step up and fill that role. We had that last year in guys like Teo and Motta (not really sure who the offensive leader was, maybe Zach Martin). But that kinda lockerroom voice seemed lacking this year. Many thought Nix would be that guy, but Nix says he's not that kind of player. Bennett Jackson? Not sure he brings it that much, offensively, TJ Jones, great guy, but not a rah rah guy either. Its also pretty much unheard of for your senior starting QB to NOT be that voice, but Rees is a pretty bland, emotionless guy.

The absence of that this year I am sure factored in on some level of the team attitude against opponents of varying skill and I think its a flaw of Kelly's that when he recognizes (or fails to recognize) that no one will step forward, he has to be the one to do it and inspire somebody to step up.

Maybe its his approach, the coaches vs. players espirit de corp that he's trying to create, I just don't think it works all the time and until a clear voice of the players steps up, he has to, or we'll get a team like we had with no real identity or voice.