• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Phillies Winter Rumors, Moves and Trades

BUDSFAULT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got personal stuff going on but he's still around and in our league.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ST games in two days! Seems early but I'm not complaining.

Anyone heard who is set to make the first start. I know it will probably only be an inning or two but just curious.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's interesting how Halladay is throwing it over to Hamels right now. Most to me seem like they would say of course have Doc start opening day but his opinion seems to be that Hamels deserves it more and it is his time. Cool to see him be humble and step aside for Cole.

philly forever

Original Crew Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's interesting how Halladay is throwing it over to Hamels right now. Most to me seem like they would say of course have Doc start opening day but his opinion seems to be that Hamels deserves it more and it is his time. Cool to see him be humble and step aside for Cole.

PC - They are talking about lining up the rotation to split up Lee, Hamels, and Halladay. Look for Hamels to pitch the opener in Atlanta and Haladay to go 4th and pitch the opener at home. Makes sense to split up the left/right handers and Halladay has actually sucked pitching in Atlanta.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PC - They are talking about lining up the rotation to split up Lee, Hamels, and Halladay. Look for Hamels to pitch the opener in Atlanta and Haladay to go 4th and pitch the opener at home. Makes sense to split up the left/right handers and Halladay has actually sucked pitching in Atlanta.

I like it. Many thought that last year could be a big cy young type year for Cole. He was definitely good but not the standout cy young stuff yet. Maybe this will be his big year. :hope:

Joreenbaby

Issues but no tissues
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't know how Charlie plans to address the batting order with all the lefthand bats in the lineup. I think hitting Rollins firsts limits the flexibility of shifting some bats so that it's not all LH bats hitting in a row.

Last edited by a moderator:

philly forever

Original Crew Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Latest Opening Day Lineup Prediction
  • SS Jimmy Rollins
  • CF Ben Revere
  • 2B Chase Utley